Login

russian armor

Vet abilities - OH Medkit

24 Feb 2015, 21:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

How to make it more viable:

-Make it cost 10 muni
-Let them cast it on themselves
-Just replace it by a single medkit stash (similar to OKW)
-Others

PD: should i make another general thread on which to discuss vet abilities in general or just point it out particularly.

Ex:
Penals (zeal)
Guards (maybe something like defensive stance) & Shocks (something else than tripwire)
PG (smoke)
KV2, KV1, IS2 capture point, etc.
24 Feb 2015, 21:13 PM

The single med-kit stash (with a cost reduction to 15-20 ammo) is a great idea. It would make it more useful in 1v1 and would also allow for some interesting team work opportunities in team games.
25 Feb 2015, 08:45 AM

+1

medic kit needs to be cheaper and able to be self administered

seriously, almost all unit veterency abilities needs an overhaul
25 Feb 2015, 13:48 PM
Patrion 14

i dont really care about self administered part but when i use them, the most disappointing thing is how little it heals.

i think it gotta heal more.

new shock vet ability should be smoke grenade assault. ability to throw 6 smoke in a line (30 units long?). not sure if this would be the best idea, but its my personal obsession.
25 Feb 2015, 15:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 08:45 AMy3ivan
seriously, almost all unit veterency abilities needs an overhaul

I made a thread a couple of months ago, asking for a overhaul of EFA vet abilities. Know i'm just going to adress 1 by 1, once per week.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:48 PMpigsoup
i dont really care about self administered part but when i use them, the most disappointing thing is how little it heals.

i think it gotta heal more.

Plus the fact you need 2 units out of combat and still doesn't help either.
25 Feb 2015, 19:27 PM

Permanently Banned
I like the ability, 20 munitions seems more appropriate if it were to stay as healing other squads only. I'd like it to be able to heal the squads whop have them but I'm certain people would cry OP. So a decreased cost to 20 munitions would be fine.
25 Feb 2015, 19:32 PM

If we change the ability we indirectly buff grens. Be careful here. Even if med kit was 10 munitions I would not use it. The idea that you will have time to apply a med kit and then stay out of combat to slowly heal was not well thought out.
25 Feb 2015, 21:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I like the ability, 20 munitions seems more appropriate if it were to stay as healing other squads only. I'd like it to be able to heal the squads whop have them but I'm certain people would cry OP. So a decreased cost to 20 munitions would be fine.

It's already 20 munitions. For 60 you have an LMG or your medic bunker upgrade.

If we change the ability we indirectly buff grens. Be careful here. Even if med kit was 10 munitions I would not use it. The idea that you will have time to apply a med kit and then stay out of combat to slowly heal was not well thought out.

I thought i would never use tripwire flares, but theres always a scenario on which i end up using them. I don't say implement all 3 buffs, but something can be done to actually see it been used.
26 Feb 2015, 17:14 PM

Permanently Banned

It's already 20 munitions. For 60 you have an LMG or your medic bunker upgrade.

I thought i would never use tripwire flares, but theres always a scenario on which i end up using them. I don't say implement all 3 buffs, but something can be done to actually see it been used.

Pretty sure its 30, but i could be wrong
15 Jun 2016, 06:14 AM

Gonna necro bump this cause I think it's still an issue. All that needs to change is the amount of health the ability actually heals - should probably be 100% of a unit's health, not the current 30% or so.
15 Jun 2016, 06:49 AM

Reduce to 10 or 15 munis, let them use it on their own squad, and increase the heal to 80 so that models are fully healed when used.

It would create incentive to use the ability more often instead of getting a med bunker early like everyone does. Halftrack play would be more viable too since squads can reinforce and heal in the field.
15 Jun 2016, 10:48 AM

Ostheer vet ability must be good and wide useful only after Soviet vet ability (flaremine) will become also wide useful.

Whoever will say, that "Flaremine is better, than medkits" - you officialy gonna sign, that you are retard. So, be careful.

Btw, medkits may be useful sometimes. I use them very often, 20 muni price don't bother me at all, but would be better to let it cost 10 ammo really, specially, when we have TommyMedKits only for 30 ammo, free to use with "aurahealing". Seriously, and after that I should pay 20 for singleheal?

And as I said - after or before fixing medkits, soviet vetability should be also fixed.
15 Jun 2016, 11:06 AM

More necro please.
15 Jun 2016, 11:38 AM

Ostheer vet ability must be good and wide useful only after Soviet vet ability (flaremine) will become also wide useful.

Whoever will say, that "Flaremine is better, than medkits" - you officialy gonna sign, that you are retard. So, be careful.

Btw, medkits may be useful sometimes. I use them very often, 20 muni price don't bother me at all, but would be better to let it cost 10 ammo really, specially, when we have TommyMedKits only for 30 ammo, free to use with "aurahealing". Seriously, and after that I should pay 20 for singleheal?

And as I said - after or before fixing medkits, soviet vetability should be also fixed.

Aren't you quite the charmer lady.
Flaremine is exponentially more useful than medkits...you see it actually gets used. I want my retard badge now.
15 Jun 2016, 11:42 AM

You must never have seen high level competitive play. Flare mines are much better even if only for the wipe-on-door potential (which is, thankfully, getting fixed in the May June (July?) patch).

A retard badge for me too, please.
15 Jun 2016, 14:43 PM

You must never have seen high level competitive play. Flare mines are much better even if only for the wipe-on-door potential (which is, thankfully, getting fixed in the May June (July?) patch).

A retard badge for me too, please.

Wipe-on-door? Fine, that's what for Flaremines were originaly designed. Using Relic fails and bugs as strength side of units/abilities? Yea, great, great.

And how much people, who don't play in "competitive" level (and they are absolute majority of game community) use that Flaremines? Or even know, that they have such? From my own experience can say - I use medkits really often, it helps to save squads on frontline longer without retreats and I saw people, who also used it.

But I never saw people, who played with or against me, who used or even wanted to use flaremines for whatever purpouses. People just ignore that ability, just like "capture mod" for soviet tanks. It might sound useful: "tanks capturing points by losing all firepower", but in reality - it doesn't worth it. From other side, Blitzkrieg is quite useful thing.

So, I would say, that Ostheer vet-abilties, in general, are way better than soviet. So, I think, it would be more reasonable to deal not only with Ostheer vets (as I said - 10 ammo per medkit would be sweet). Flaremines should be changed, tank point capturing is also not that awesome, as same Blitz. Sprint on Maxim is ridiculous, compared with "allmighty AP-flare rounds"...
15 Jun 2016, 14:53 PM

I also think the v1 Medkits either need to be replaced or become more useful, saying they dont deserve a buff because flaremines need a buff aswell is stupid
15 Jun 2016, 15:40 PM

I usually use medkits if I need to heal sniper. I like to keep sniper uptime as high as possible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 34
Sweden 30
Poland 7
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %