Login

russian armor

Soviet Industry in Team Games

23 Feb 2015, 03:14 AM

So, like the subject says: in 3v3/4v4, what's the best approach to using the Soviet Industry commander?

Con--con--con--con until 3CP, then T3, and a couple of T34s until the KV assault gun? I typically make T1, but that doesn't seem to be smart since theirs less MP to go for restoring squads once you hit 3CP.

And I suppose another question would be how to use the KV effectively –– better to park it in its firing mode or have it be a mobile gun?

Thanks all!
23 Feb 2015, 05:30 AM

I've found that building T2>T3 works well. Get out a quick T70 to put axis on the back foot early. If you can keep your T70 alive and ranked up to vet2, then you can use it for spotting for your KV2. It has a huge range when locked down (comparable to the OKW Flak Base). Open maps work best for this strategy
23 Feb 2015, 07:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge

My previous thoughts on Soviet Industry

http://www.coh2.org/topic/30781/soviet-industry

In big team games it's a "Win by Mid-Game or Go Home" Commander, because you are lacking stuff to fight Axis heavies
23 Feb 2015, 09:43 AM

Not necessarily Van Vort. I have owned in 4v4 using SU85s with KV8 to hold back infantry. Add in a Katy or KV2, if it suits the game.

Open with two penals in M3s. It is weak early game, but if you can lean on other aggresive team mates it is extremely strong late game!
23 Feb 2015, 21:16 PM

Thanks guys. Because I'm an idiot, I didn't notice the other Soviet Industry thread until after I posted this.

I typically open with penal-penal-M3-sniper, but as has been hinted at in your other post, Van, I get screwed by the MP requirement to replenish the squads.

A point that was brought up in another thread, which I thought made a lot of sense, was that the issue is actually less with the Axis armor, but the *infantry* –– those roaming packs of schrecks/ubers/offizieren/sturms/fusiliers/terminators is what ends up doing most damage to me. I've actually found that a lot of German platers in the big group games don't take care of the armor very well; they roll it right in there while leaving themselves open to flanks (which I love doing with 34/85s). But those infantry blobs are what give me fits. And I guess due to the imbalance of 4v4s, it's harder to manage them.

But maybe the KV8 is the solution?
24 Feb 2015, 00:11 AM

Kv8 can he tricky Vs shrek blob, it struggles to do enough damage fast.

Su85s are preferable to protect KV8 against vehicles and katyusha is favorable to counter shrek blob.

Kv8 is good protection for all tier 4 against infantry pushes.

Obviously uses a hell of a lot of fuel, so only good in large team game you can survive the early game in, and unti 8cp for kv8.

But nice because you dont need any inf later, appart from an engie to build repair bays.
9 Mar 2015, 15:25 PM

Permanently Banned
The KV2 usually does very well against infantry blobs,but it is countered by panthers.Having a team mate that can hold off the panthers with something is ideal
9 Mar 2015, 16:30 PM

I really like going Soviet Industry 3v3 or 4v4. Usually I go cons-cons-cons then start teching up with t2 and t3. While I'm waiting for fuel for t70/t34 I'll build one or two fuel caches. If I want a quick t70 I make sure not to get moltov or at nades right away.

I usually start off with 2-3 t34s then build a t4 for su85s. I don't love the KV2 because it is too slow firing/maneuvering. Anti-heavies I like su85s You are usually muni rich with this doctrine so I build tons of demos/mines.

The ram ability with t34 may be useful depending on where you are in relation to your repair bays (I put them all over the place). You may be close enough to one of your repair bays so that you ram the tank and get it repaired before it gets taken out. I just had a situation happen the other day where a panther rounded a corner and I damaged the engine with one t34 ram after popping off a couple shots, then finished with my su85/t34s. If I hadn't done that the bastard would have blitzed out of there. ps: I hate panthers.
10 Mar 2015, 17:34 PM
Patrion 14

Soviet industry openings are all about conserving manpower. If you have the micro, I believe that a 2 engie -> 2 sniper build would work best, with conscripts filling in the gaps. Relying on snipers will give you less manpower bleed, and allow you to stock up manpower.

I like to have at least 800 MP saved up before activating soviet industry. In large teamgames, if you have teammates you are working with and if you are fighting 2 or more OKW, I would go T4 and get 3-4 Katyushas and a few SU85s. Use the katyushas to punish OKW blobbing and destroy the enemies' base buildings. The SU85s are used to support your allies and protect your katyushas. Remeber to build mines.

The KV2 is not my favorite unit, but it can be useful as a supplemental unit for your allies. Use it slightly behind the frontlines to bombard enemy positions.
10 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM

Soviet industry openings are all about conserving manpower. If you have the micro, I believe that a 2 engie -> 2 sniper build would work best, with conscripts filling in the gaps. Relying on snipers will give you less manpower bleed, and allow you to stock up manpower.

I like to have at least 800 MP saved up before activating soviet industry. In large teamgames, if you have teammates you are working with and if you are fighting 2 or more OKW, I would go T4 and get 3-4 Katyushas and a few SU85s. Use the katyushas to punish OKW blobbing and destroy the enemies' base buildings. The SU85s are used to support your allies and protect your katyushas. Remeber to build mines.

The KV2 is not my favorite unit, but it can be useful as a supplemental unit for your allies. Use it slightly behind the frontlines to bombard enemy positions.

So, you build Scout building ––> Engi 2 ––> Sniper ––> Sniper? Push with Engis so the snipers can … snipe, maybe grab some flamers to make the Engis a wee-bit potent. And Katy > KV for the blob control, eh?

Thanks for everyone's responses, by the way. The biggest issue I seem to see is when TEAMMATES go Industry, but select their commander as soon as the match starts.
10 Mar 2015, 19:20 PM
Patrion 14

So, you build Scout building ––> Engi 2 ––> Sniper ––> Sniper? Push with Engis so the snipers can … snipe, maybe grab some flamers to make the Engis a wee-bit potent. And Katy > KV for the blob control, eh?

Thanks for everyone's responses, by the way. The biggest issue I seem to see is when TEAMMATES go Industry, but select their commander as soon as the match starts.

You want 2 cons somewhere in there as well, not to attack, but to put up sandbags and act as tanks. Plus, they put the fear of AT nade into the enemies. You want to keep the snipers alive, but not rebuild them when they die. 2 engies lategame is really useful for industry to make mines and repair depots.
15 Mar 2015, 16:25 PM

Just getting 1 conscript and building t2 straight away for 2-3 maxims can work well as it will bleed much less MP than cons.

Use the initial con to cap and then just to merge reinforce your Maxims.

Saves fuel on con upgrades to get more early tanks.
18 Mar 2015, 17:45 PM

i go two penals and an m3. you will have weak early game so try to do as much damage as possible.

use your engies to build caches to get cps fast. try to get around 1000 manpower before activating industry. Try to get your t34 out between 7-9 minutes.

it is important not to lose your first two t34s. Use them for aggressive maneuvering but play carefully. Try to build 5-6 t34s and use them to flank enemies or to crush people (they have excellent crush).

late game is a little tricky. You can build KV2 and try to support your teammates, or you can rely on t34s. T34s should be used for wide flanks on heavy tanks like tigers and king tigers. Make sure you have teammates supporting you and distracting the enemy. If you go solo into a tiger + paks + schrecks, you are going to lose the game.

Overall, it is a good commander but is suffering from manpower bleed and okw schrecks.

Another note: spam the repair station with your engineers. Since you will have a lot of munitions, build 4-7 repair stations. THese repair your tanks very fast and it helps out your team.
Hux
18 Mar 2015, 18:39 PM
Patrion 14

industry with lend lease in team games (3v3 and up) is ridiculous. if any allied player also has marked target you can forget it. It's insane.

'Win by the mid-game or go home' yeah, alright...

18 Mar 2015, 19:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Why is Lend Lease helpful?

Fuel is not your problem with Soviet Industry
21 Mar 2015, 10:49 AM

Its a good idea to use demos to make use of all the spare munis.

And in big games, dont be scared to go T3 and transition into T4.. Combination of T34s, SU85s and KV8 is brutal and something only industry can afford.
Hux
21 Mar 2015, 12:20 PM
Patrion 14

Why is Lend Lease helpful?

Fuel is not your problem with Soviet Industry

We're talking about team games man... Ergo there's more than just the industry player on the field....

Try it. One go industry, the other lend lease and another any commander that has mark target. Look at the sheer number of tanks you can field, it's insane. the Sherman's are decent against infantry (although not great) but the KV 2 is enough to negate any infantry based AT while the herd of tanks you will have amassed is enough to swarm any late game axis armour. Add mark target into the mix and it's so hard to counter.

I'd really love the piercer to be a bit more potent against armour but hey-ho
21 Mar 2015, 13:21 PM

Lend Lease is risky, Axis only need a little AA and then KA-BOOM your 100 muni goes down for nothing.
22 Mar 2015, 06:27 AM
Patrion 27

Armor prices were adjusted after Industry came out but Industry never got adjusted, therefore it's even more risky to use than it was before. I say make two fuel caches for 200mp each and choose a good commander instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★