Login

russian armor

Crashing during matches and after match ends.

20 Feb 2015, 23:25 PM

Has anyone else been getting near relentless crashes ever since the "bug-fixing" update a few weeks ago?

I've always had to deal with the occasional crash here and there, but it used to be very rare. Now it's happening 50% of my matches, either during the match itself at a random time, or after the match has ended and I click the "quit match" button.

On the steam forums, other people are having the same issues as me. I'm not sure if its a driver issue (I have a GTX 970 with latest drivers), or if its an actual bug in the game itself.

I had problems with crashing, but not this severe, with my previous HD 6950 as well. I've verified the game cache multiple times, uninstalled, re-installed CoH2, used driver uninstaller to clean old drivers off multiple times, etc. Nothing I do is working.

As you can imagine, it's incredibly frustrating for the game to just crash randomly in the middle of a match, especially if I'm playing with friends. Can't even reliably play with others anymore because the crashing is just too random and has ruined many perfectly fine games.

No other game I've played recently on my computer has had any similar issues, so it's either CoH2 that's causing this itself, or it is my hardware, which I wouldn't rule out as a possibility, but its unlikely.

So, has anyone else here been dealing with these sort of crashes in the middle of matches, or after the match ends?

Already posted this on the steam forums, as well as the official ones as well, but those are both essentially dead, so I'm hoping more people here can confirm whether they are having the same issues.
20 Feb 2015, 23:52 PM
Patrion 310

I'm getting fairly frequent bug splats after a game finishes but not had anything during a match.
21 Feb 2015, 00:52 AM

I'm getting fairly frequent bug splats after a game finishes but not had anything during a match.

I get exactly the same. Pretty annoying if i want to save a replay and look at post game stats.
21 Feb 2015, 01:07 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I'm having up to 30 sec of freeze into fast forwarding into disconnect. Stream and teamspeak were running smoothly at the same time, so it wasn't my internet connection. Other viewers experienced the same.

It's worth mentioning that we have these kind of server issues ON TOP of the regular 2-3 second freezes. So much for server maintenance..
21 Feb 2015, 02:39 AM
Patrion 310

I get exactly the same. Pretty annoying if i want to save a replay and look at post game stats.

You can just rename the temp replay to keep a copy of it. If you want to see end of game stats just watch the replay through till the end (rather a lot of effort though).
21 Mar 2015, 17:11 PM

I only say:

"YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED!"

got this message since the last bugfix when i try to host a game....

Nothing helps so far, relic customer care don't care
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS