Login

russian armor

Texture Bugs? (Purple units, invisible buildings)

20 Feb 2015, 20:05 PM

Since MWNL2 ended I have been noticing some pretty appalling texture bugs, the most common of which are purple Tanks/Base buildings and invisible buildings with only doors and floating windows. It gets worse with every match but seems to go away when I restart the game.

I alt-tab to desktop during matchmaking and that tends to cause some funny things but this is new and pretty bad to be honest.
20 Feb 2015, 20:06 PM
Patrion 28

drivers up to date?
20 Feb 2015, 20:07 PM

20 Feb 2015, 20:09 PM
Patrion 28

no idea then. what's your card and settings? i don't really expect it to make a difference but it's useful to know.

also, have you gotten an exploded skybox?
20 Feb 2015, 21:05 PM

I had this a couple of times too. I think it may be related to groups of polygons not actual textures. I had certain areas render purple (such as the mini map) where as most other stuff was fine. On the map sometimes one small patch would be purple. But other places using the same visible texture would be fine.

I had a more serious version of this issue a couple of patches back where by the whole map floor or all base buildings etc would be purple and the game was unplayable. Verifying the game files (I think) in steam fixed it. There should be a topic from me in the bugs section about it. Certainly worth trying that anyway - can't do any harm. It may be just one tiny file missing.

Just yet more performance related issues we are being plagued with! :-(
20 Feb 2015, 23:33 PM

Same thing happening to me as well.

http://imgur.com/a/pykOT#5

pictures are related, happened in a previous match. GTX 970, drivers up to date completely, etc.

It doesn't happen every match, but every few matches it will happen, either like this, or sometimes the building textures won't load on bunkers and base buildings, and they will be pink, or the ground will be purple.
20 Feb 2015, 23:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

this is the standard lingo i give to anyone who has issues with steam game. :P
20 Feb 2015, 23:53 PM

New stealth cloaking device :snfPeter:

20 Feb 2015, 23:57 PM
Patrion 28

looks like missing textures as opposed to corrupted ones but it's hard to be sure.
21 Feb 2015, 00:08 AM

Of course I verified the integrity of the game cache but the problem simply recurs.
21 Feb 2015, 00:43 AM

Of course I verified the integrity of the game cache but the problem simply recurs.

I can run at max settings at 60 fps and I still texture issues sometimes dude, nothing you can really do about it other than laugh hard at Inviskubel or OKW Purple Party truck.
21 Feb 2015, 04:46 AM

Pink panther's tend to be the most funny ones.
21 Feb 2015, 06:35 AM

Nah it's a new feature, rather than colour blind mode, Relic opted to introduce legally blind mode :snfCHVGame:

21 Feb 2015, 08:26 AM

I've had this one forever too. Only way to avoid it is to reboot the game every couple of hours or so.

Also, I have a GTX690, so it seems to only affect nvidia users.
21 Feb 2015, 13:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Nah it's a new feature, rather than colour blind mode, Relic opted to introduce legally blind mode :snfCHVGame:

im laughing at this but i probably should be crying. :lol:

21 Feb 2015, 14:35 PM

This thing happens to me from time to time for some random reason. One game I will get it the next is gone. One of the main reason is the drivers... there was a driver update from nvidia that I got and all my games were in pink, invisible tanks, and crews. So I reinstall the previews driver and was back to normal, now I run with the latest drivers from them and seem to be ok just occasionally will appear.

The other reason is that my card is in SLI mode all the time, and as far as I know this game doesn't support it(correct me if I am wrong). So it appears that it will cause problem like this.

If anyone has this problem and recently updated their drivers I suggest reinstall the old ones or check if they have new ones. Other than that there is nothing we can do from our side until relic optimizes the game.

Hope this helps :)

GLHF
22 Feb 2015, 03:57 AM
Patrion 28

SLI is not the issue. i got the SLI texture corruption issue fixed months ago and have played the game with SLI since release. the game automatically disables SLI for itself.
22 Feb 2015, 05:18 AM
Patrion 15

Since MWNL2 ended I have been noticing some pretty appalling texture bugs, the most common of which are purple Tanks/Base buildings and invisible buildings with only doors and floating windows. It gets worse with every match but seems to go away when I restart the game.

I alt-tab to desktop during matchmaking and that tends to cause some funny things but this is new and pretty bad to be honest.

For what it's worth I have been getting these same graphical bugs since MWNL2 as well, although i'm not sure if they started occurring with the latest nVidia drivers or not, because they both happened around the same time. My guess is that it's the latest drivers, although I verified the game cache and I haven't gotten it since, so who knows.
22 Feb 2015, 05:46 AM

It's party time! Everyone on the OKW Party truck!

I adore my new platinum Sturmtiger!

The HQ has gotten an awesome new coat of silver paint!

I see the Pink Panther has done some redecorating!

22 Feb 2015, 05:50 AM

Jesus, never had it that bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight