Login

russian armor

Hi there. I'm new to COH2... Haven't played in 10 years.

1 Mar 2015, 21:08 PM

@Feriner: i played vs russians... i know my weak points. I PANIC :).. like i start with capturing points with my pioneers until my grandiers arrive then i start capping points.. i dont know where to sotp capping and where to start taking defensive positions. when to start introducing MLGs, how to keep the units spread well to cover each others if i'm losing a point.

@ MajorBloodnok. If i can't beat a normal computer i think i wont be able to beat a rookie in this game. i need to just be able to beat the PC in some maps before playing vs humans.
1 Mar 2015, 21:19 PM
Donator 22

so i played against PC some games using german faction. i beat the stupid "easy" pc easily.. now for standard i beat him twice and in 6 games i got my butt handed to me

the games i lost.. no matter how much points i capture.. how much defense i put.. it always techs up faster.

can i get some help regarding a start.. is even german good faction to start with?

As mentioned above, worry less about faction, units and strategy and more about using units in cover. Keep in mind that retreating units that are about to die is extremely important as it costs much less to reinforce (and/or heal) a retreated unit than it does to build a brand new one. Also, units that are retreated and "saved" maintain experience that gives them bonuses and abilities that make them better.

Also, keep in mind that you can get anti armor units for most factions by tier 2. For example, Ostheer has the Pak 40 at tier 2 as well as Panzergrenadiers who can be upgraded with panzershreks. Americans have the crew of the M20 with a bazooka (or you can tech for bazookas as soon as you have the munitions). Soviets have AT grenades in Tier 0 (which you have to purchase and as with bazookas have the munitions to use once the ability is purchased) and the Zis AT gun at tier 2. Lastly, the OKW has Panzershreks and Raketenwerfer in tier 0.

If you are behind in teching, do your best to "stall" the enemy while you work to tech up yourself. If you are unable to tech up it is probably because you are lacking fuel or manpower. This is why fuel is such a key component of the game and it requires fighting to establish a supply line to at least one fuel source.

Lastly, keep in mind if you are going to rely upon specialty "Commander based" units to be a key part of your army you will need to keep in mind that command points must be "earned". The best way to gain command points is to do a lot of fighting. In other words....if you want to get to the point where you can use a unit like Shock troops quickly, you gotta get the command points first and you do this most quickly by getting into skirmishes.
1 Mar 2015, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2015, 21:19 PMMortar

As mentioned above, worry less about faction, units and strategy and more about using units in cover. Keep in mind that retreating units that are about to die is extremely important as it costs much less to reinforce (and/or heal) a retreated unit than it does to build a brand new one. Also, units that are retreated and "saved" maintain experience that gives them bonuses and abilities that make them better.

Also, keep in mind that you can get anti armor units for most factions by tier 2. For example, Ostheer has the Pak 40 at tier 2 as well as Panzergrenadiers who can be upgraded with panzershreks. Americans have the crew of the M20 with a bazooka (or you can tech for bazookas as soon as you have the munitions). Soviets have AT grenades in Tier 0 (which you have to purchase and as with bazookas have the munitions to use once the ability is purchased) and the Zis AT gun at tier 2. Lastly, the OKW has Panzershreks and Raketenwerfer in tier 0.

If you are behind in teching, do your best to "stall" the enemy while you work to tech up yourself. If you are unable to tech up it is probably because you are lacking fuel or manpower. This is why fuel is such a key component of the game and it requires fighting to establish a supply line to at least one fuel source.

Lastly, keep in mind if you are going to rely upon specialty "Commander based" units to be a key part of your army you will need to keep in mind that command points must be "earned". The best way to gain command points is to do a lot of fighting. In other words....if you want to get to the point where you can use a unit like Shock troops quickly, you gotta get the command points first and you do this most quickly by getting into skirmishes.

thanks a lot.. i forgot about panzers.. i think they are a reason i lack firepower mid game.
2 Mar 2015, 09:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

can i get some help regarding a start.. is even german good faction to start with?

I would say Ostheer is a good starting choice for faction, they are simple and linear and Commander often does not matter.

Soviets have this thing going where you are supposed to build only 2 out of 4 buildings and supplement with Commanders

Americans have strong early game but again don't build all their tiers

OKW are just weird

+++++++++++

Opening moves:

In the early game fuel is more important than VPs because you need it to tech, therefore fight over those points first and make sure you get at least one

VPs are a thing you take with the stuff you've built with the fuel you control and munitions are just a thing that's nice to have
7 Mar 2015, 11:58 AM

Thanks Van Voort.. if you were guys wondering i didn't give up on the game.. i'm not a quitter.. i will try soviets more ... i've been playing germans since i started but i feel they need a lot of resources to maintain their strength.

Been doing 50/50 vs standard PC... getting familiar with maps.. trying to not get wrecked hard :D

any tips, advise is appreciated
10 Mar 2015, 17:29 PM

so while watching some streams i get these two expressions a lot and want to know what they mean, infantry company and blobbing.. thanks guys
10 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

so while watching some streams i get these two expressions a lot and want to know what they mean, infantry company and blobbing.. thanks guys

I fear it may refer to the current tendency of some USF players to forego flanking, and instead just group together approx 3 Rifle squads/RE and bear down on the opposing forces, regardless of cover, which foe may be trying to play more tactically/creatively.

I watched a certain caster do this the other night, after he had lost consecutive games- he went USF Armor with a flame Engie and just battered (there is no other word) the OKW into submission. Not a pretty sight, but it won him the game.

Don't do it :)
10 Mar 2015, 21:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Infantry Company is a US Commander

http://www.coh2.org/guides/19066/u.s.-forces-commanders

"Blob" is massing infantry, generally onto one control group, and moving it around the map as one and overwhelming anything that stands in the way.

This is mostly a USF and OKW phenomena.

It can work, but is very vulnerable to mines, demo charges and artillery.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★