Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
6 May 2015, 13:05 PM

Now I think it's overbuffed, according of lmg42 blob grens, I think it is need a bit nerf.

You know we are talking of the HMG 42 right ?
6 May 2015, 13:40 PM

Now I think it's overbuffed, according of lmg42 blob grens, I think it is need a bit nerf.

Does comrade Stalin pays you a good salary?
6 May 2015, 13:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol they should nerf riflemen if lmg42 is gonna get another nerf.
6 May 2015, 15:22 PM

Does comrade Stalin Churchill pays you a good salary?

FTFY
6 May 2015, 17:37 PM

1st of all, I have the best imagination ever.

2nd of all, dude, you want realism? Go play MoW where tanks DON'T HAVE HEALTHBARS!!!!! This is an arcade game, not a realism simulator. Do you really think that this game is realistic at all? It's realistic to some degree ofc. but still, CoH2 is simply an ARCADE-game. Not realistic at all and with silly RNG strykes that removes skill from gameplay. (skillplanes for instance)

3rd of all, go make yourself a cup of milk, tea, coffee, beer or whiskey (I think I hit all ages here), and go think about what this game actually is.

You forgot Dr. Pepper :/

Lenny's right, there are very many unrealistics points in CoH2, all of which have been made to provide entertaining (and sufficiently simple to understand) gameplay. I like that.

And the level of RnG does indeed reduce the influence of skill on the game too much. I don't like that.

So to OP: While the facts you gave about the machine guns may be accurate, if we changed the game design the accurately reflect reality, we would have a completely different game and one which I feel would be far less enjoyable to play. Not that CoH2 is that enjoyable to play with all the FHSW :/

6 May 2015, 19:36 PM

Does comrade Stalin pays you a good salary?

Of course, 700000 rubles per post.
10 May 2015, 05:18 AM

1st of all, I have the best imagination ever.

2nd of all, dude, you want realism? Go play MoW where tanks DON'T HAVE HEALTHBARS!!!!! This is an arcade game, not a realism simulator. Do you really think that this game is realistic at all? It's realistic to some degree ofc. but still, CoH2 is simply an ARCADE-game. Not realistic at all and with silly RNG strykes that removes skill from gameplay. (skillplanes for instance)

3rd of all, go make yourself a cup of milk, tea, coffee, beer or whiskey (I think I hit all ages here), and go think about what this game actually is.

Um its only an arcade based on a real event. As far as you claiming you have the best imagination, sorry that is subjective.

and far as me making me tea... i have plenty of tea and coffee.

and far as the game, its actually what it is to me, and Ill give my opinion for this game, I'm no spring chicken sir.
20 May 2015, 13:50 PM

TBH I feel the problem is in the vision of mg - they should have further vision (even further that infantry) so that they can start shooting and pin earlier. The pinned squad shouldnt be able to throw grenades and crawl too quickly to the machine gun. The mg should be countered by flanking. Now the pinned squad very often inlicts more damage on the mg crew than the mg itself on the pinned squad. I understand the idea was for other squads to spot for mgs - in reality it means you need 2 squads to guard one approach and it is inefficient. Another thing is the babysitting effort for mgs is a havy burden especially together with setting up At. usually a player who has numerous rifle squads is in better positions as its easier to control and quickly react to attacks.
20 May 2015, 14:59 PM

TBH I feel the problem is in the vision of mg - they should have further vision (even further that infantry) so that they can start shooting and pin earlier. The pinned squad shouldnt be able to throw grenades and crawl too quickly to the machine gun. The mg should be countered by flanking. Now the pinned squad very often inlicts more damage on the mg crew than the mg itself on the pinned squad. I understand the idea was for other squads to spot for mgs - in reality it means you need 2 squads to guard one approach and it is inefficient. Another thing is the babysitting effort for mgs is a havy burden especially together with setting up At. usually a player who has numerous rifle squads is in better positions as its easier to control and quickly react to attacks.

2 years ago MG could pin very fast in his large arc of fire, and his traverse speed was insane, we dont want anymore "independant MG", this is why its more a support weapon now, it will give you victory in a MP equality battle if placed properly, and even with a little MP disadvantage.
20 May 2015, 15:26 PM

I've been taking to decrewing my own mg42s with flamer pios attacking ground so I can recrew them with said pios for their sight.

Also, there are a ton of maps that I believe the designers were explicitly trying to make mgs ineffective on for 80% of the battlefield. Few maps even have an open enough area for an mg42's arc without a bunch of shot blocking objects or a very obvious flanking lane circumventing the entire position.
20 May 2015, 15:39 PM

I've been taking to decrewing my own mg42s with flamer pios attacking ground so I can recrew them with said pios for their sight.

Also, there are a ton of maps that I believe the designers were explicitly trying to make mgs ineffective on for 80% of the battlefield. Few maps even have an open enough area for an mg42's arc without a bunch of shot blocking objects or a very obvious flanking lane circumventing the entire position.

You are missing the aim of pio + MG, sure range is a thing, but you forget that:

- MG will suppress a squad pretty quickly, rendering her 75% less effective, but will also deal less damage to that squad
- Pio can rush this suppress squad and shred them, cause they are not affected by this "damage reduction on the suppress squad"
- Bonus: If 2 squads are coming, you can suppress one, attack them with pio (shooting at a squad will not allow her to take off the suppress ) then suppress the other, etc.

20 May 2015, 16:53 PM

You do know thats what wires and mines are for?
20 May 2015, 22:59 PM

Lol mines against infantry as ostheer to cover MG flanks? 60 munis a pop for sign posts? Are we playing the same game? lol.
20 May 2015, 23:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can always make 15muni patchs.
21 May 2015, 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lol mines against infantry as ostheer to cover MG flanks? 60 munis a pop for sign posts? Are we playing the same game? lol.

So are people coming up on its flank if the area is covered by mines or not?
21 May 2015, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 15:39 PMBlalord

You are missing the aim of pio + MG, sure range is a thing, but you forget that:

- MG will suppress a squad pretty quickly, rendering her 75% less effective, but will also deal less damage to that squad
- Pio can rush this suppress squad and shred them, cause they are not affected by this "damage reduction on the suppress squad"
- Bonus: If 2 squads are coming, you can suppress one, attack them with pio (shooting at a squad will not allow her to take off the suppress ) then suppress the other, etc.

Early game, totally, yeah. Pioneers are virtually assault grenadiers. Two pios are an extremely competitive force early game, and usually what I have supporting my mg crews for the first few engagements of the game.

But there's a bajillion and a half different counters designed around negating MGs so I am eventually overwhelmed. I find it ultimately more economical in the long run to just decrew those wounded 1 or 2 man squads that retreat and recrew them with pioneers so that the grenadiers that inevitably supplant pios on the front line can actually have mg support.
21 May 2015, 07:12 AM

Thing is, if you have a well placed MG with S mines on its only vulnerable flank, it totally magnifies the power of the MG, because you are creating a funnel, or killing zone.

In this, the designed function of S-mines, no other mine will work as well. Because a normal mine will go boom ONCE when set off, then your flank is open to any other oncoming squads.

S-mines cover whatever area size you choose depending on how many patches you place (1-4), and they will stop a large amount of infantry that is stupid enough to try flank you.

Also, S-mines are the best at wiping squads that the player does not attend to, or if they are on a retreat path.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS