Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
16 Apr 2015, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 07:54 AMiceman
Dear Relic,

The MG42 was the most superior MG in WW2. One MG can shoot 1200 to 1500 rpm. This is massive supression from ONE gun! COH2's current state of the MG42 has a horrible suppression rate, why is this, dont tell me to make 2 MG42s when the allies MGs the Maxim, the DShk and the 50-Caliber suppress almost immediately with a single MG. Please update the MG42 to a more realistic suppression MG like in WW2 and to shred infantry.

Few notes:

MG42 -
The MG 42 has a proven record of reliability, durability, simplicity, and ease of operation, but is most notable for its ability to produce a high volume of suppressive fire. The MG 42 had one of the highest average cyclic rate of any single-barreled man-portable machine gun: between 1,200 and 1,500 rpm, which results in a distinctive muzzle report.

Maxim - estimated 850 round/min

DShK - estimated 600 rounds/min

50 caliber - estimated 450–600 rpm

I appreciate your time.

Thank You,

ICE

This is indeed hillarious to read. I was laughing out loud along with Sneaking_Sarge over skype... I found this amazingly funny: "Please update the MG42 to a more realistic suppression MG like in WW2 and to shred infantry."

Yes, I too would like the MG42 to be much more reliable when it comes to supression, cause right now, it's just a bit too bad - the dmg is nice though. Nerf the dmg output a bit and buff the supression rate IMO is better than: "This gun is OP IRL. Make it super OP in-game so it gets an ability to supress AND SHREAD ALL THE IVANS!!!!!! (And muricans)
16 Apr 2015, 07:10 AM
Donator 11

Dont nerf the damage it is just about at the right spot now, it doesnt wreck squads but it kills a model here and there now atleast.
16 Apr 2015, 08:11 AM

Speaking purely IRL, having a higher rate of fire would allow you to spray over a wider area and still put enough rounds down to supress over quite a wide zone.

This is represented in game by the large arc. But not really the suppression output, because thats how it used to be, and it was OP and spammed.
16 Apr 2015, 21:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Give demo charges to ost sniper, that'll fix it. lol
16 Apr 2015, 21:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Give demo charges to ost sniper, that'll fix it. lol

I've heard claims of multiple squad wipes with the Sniper's explosive round after the squad bunching. Close enough?
25 Apr 2015, 13:41 PM

Installed the game again after a month of abstinence, this unit is kicking ass like there is no tomorrow. 180 degree arc, sickening damage and lazer accuracy. Good job devs.

Building one is enough now.
25 Apr 2015, 14:48 PM

Can somebody explain what the best bulletin for the MG42 is? I heard the +4% ROF one is the best? What exactly does improve?
25 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can somebody explain what the best bulletin for the MG42 is? I heard the +4% ROF one is the best? What exactly does improve?

I think Lemon ran a test on which showed how much bursts you need to supress/pin a squad depending on cover and range.
25 Apr 2015, 18:25 PM

Yes. The 4% ROF increase increases its DPS by 4% and also 4% more suppresion. Now get 3 and your mg-42s get significantly better.
1 May 2015, 23:05 PM

It got buffed in the wrong area. It's overperforming for its cost and the time it's available.
2 May 2015, 14:33 PM

It got buffed in the wrong area. It's overperforming for its cost and the time it's available.
How so? It still doesn´t suppress blobs. Build two squads and run in frontally. The Molotov or grenade will hit. It now can kill some entities here and there, which isn´t its intended role. The intended role however is still lackluster.

It´s the best MG, but there´s this saying that under the blind the one eyed is king.
2 May 2015, 16:30 PM

MG42 isn't overperforming at all. It is in a very good spot IMO.
It's job is to suppress and it does the job. Not more, not less.
2 May 2015, 16:49 PM

Mg42 is in a good spot.Surprised i'm saying this,while still smoke and molotov are problem..they should remain so otherwise it'll become uncounterable for its price.
I blasted this unit repeatedly for being a popcornsprayer,but its improved.But always to be used with spotter.
The bloody PTRS needs fix however.
2 May 2015, 17:32 PM

Mg42 is in a good spot.Surprised i'm saying this,while still smoke and molotov are problem..they should remain so otherwise it'll become uncounterable for its price.
I blasted this unit repeatedly for being a popcornsprayer,but its improved.But always to be used with spotter.
The bloody PTRS needs fix however.

Good news for ze ostheer, pioneers are now useful in combat beyond repairs! As spotters for your MG with 48 vision they work wonders.

Also, flamethrower if you ever have 60MU spare helps discourage any cons trying to crawl close enough to molotov.
2 May 2015, 17:43 PM

I've seen MG42s a lot in replays and whilst as the opposite player I'm usually glad they don't suppress me, I think they do need an improvement in that area.

However, they need to be careful not to go overboard. I've often run 4-5 squads blobbed together because either I've been tired or else I've been surprised and the entire blob will be suppressed near immediately, something which all other MGs can't do particularly well.
2 May 2015, 18:21 PM

2 May 2015, 18:41 PM

This is indeed hillarious to read. I was laughing out loud along with Sneaking_Sarge over skype... I found this amazingly funny: "Please update the MG42 to a more realistic suppression MG like in WW2 and to shred infantry."

Yes, I too would like the MG42 to be much more reliable when it comes to supression, cause right now, it's just a bit too bad - the dmg is nice though. Nerf the dmg output a bit and buff the supression rate IMO is better than: "This gun is OP IRL. Make it super OP in-game so it gets an ability to supress AND SHREAD ALL THE IVANS!!!!!! (And muricans)

What is sad, is this new generation of people are just going to repeat history, because they have lost reality in their imaginations.
6 May 2015, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2015, 18:41 PMiceman

What is sad, is this new generation of people are just going to repeat history, because they have lost reality in their imaginations.

1st of all, I have the best imagination ever.

2nd of all, dude, you want realism? Go play MoW where tanks DON'T HAVE HEALTHBARS!!!!! This is an arcade game, not a realism simulator. Do you really think that this game is realistic at all? It's realistic to some degree ofc. but still, CoH2 is simply an ARCADE-game. Not realistic at all and with silly RNG strykes that removes skill from gameplay. (skillplanes for instance)

3rd of all, go make yourself a cup of milk, tea, coffee, beer or whiskey (I think I hit all ages here), and go think about what this game actually is.
6 May 2015, 12:00 PM

Wow, you are all so pleased with the new Mg42, some are saying it's OP.
Simple question for current MG42 apollogists: Do you know how to use smoke, grenades, lolotovs and ourrah? If you do know and think a little more, you will see Mg42 is not such a big deal not even in current state. In other words, it doesn't compensate enough for the fact that you will be less mobile. From this point of view, I still better build an extra gren squad. Grens + lmg 42 are strong enough, you don't lose mobility, you can blob them, etc. And anyway, if an allied blob comes, you still cannot rely on Mg42 to stop it so you better blob back, with a better armed blob. Tat's all about your great MG42.
6 May 2015, 12:27 PM

Now I think it's overbuffed, according of lmg42 blob grens, I think it is need a bit nerf.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 18
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L