Login

russian armor

Tips/Advice to Improve?

15 Feb 2015, 23:56 PM

Hey guys

I have played coh2 since it was available in beta, I have amassed waaay to many hours of gameplay into this game. Yet I still feel like after all that time and countless games I am not as good as I could be. Something I notice is that I do rather well early game but as soon as tanks hit the field it goes to shit. I generally play with my buddies in the clan in 4v4s so I can piggyback on them for help, but when I go to play pubs in 4v4 the teams I play with tend to loose a lot.

So whenever I play OKW I generally get 2 volk squads, build my medic base and then add another volk. Depending on how the battle flows I either get a raketenwerfer or another engineer unit. Then I build my AA base so I can either get some obers or a panzer II. Then thats when it starts to fall apart. Granted I try to put my bases in good defensible positions or in areas where players dont look. Yet I get steamrolled by 2 or 3 tanks... I know not having any video to show my gameplay doesn't help but Im looking for some criticism or help. Should I change up my build order? I really do like using the jagdpanzer IV TD but I get fixated on getting Panthers...
16 Feb 2015, 02:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hey guys

I have played coh2 since it was available in beta, I have amassed waaay to many hours of gameplay into this game. Yet I still feel like after all that time and countless games I am not as good as I could be. Something I notice is that I do rather well early game but as soon as tanks hit the field it goes to shit. I generally play with my buddies in the clan in 4v4s so I can piggyback on them for help, but when I go to play pubs in 4v4 the teams I play with tend to loose a lot.

So whenever I play OKW I generally get 2 volk squads, build my medic base and then add another volk. Depending on how the battle flows I either get a raketenwerfer or another engineer unit. Then I build my AA base so I can either get some obers or a panzer II. Then thats when it starts to fall apart. Granted I try to put my bases in good defensible positions or in areas where players dont look. Yet I get steamrolled by 2 or 3 tanks... I know not having any video to show my gameplay doesn't help but Im looking for some criticism or help. Should I change up my build order? I really do like using the jagdpanzer IV TD but I get fixated on getting Panthers...

build 4 volks,go mechanized truck instead of med(nothing stopping you from using teammates meds,or dropping meds with Sturmpioneer vet ability)convert fuel to muni,give them all shreks. Go second sturm if you wish and plant mines everywhere as well.

Get a raketen or two at 10 minutes. Problem solved. Go luftwaffe for MG34s and Falls since your T4 and therefore anti inf will be delayed doing this. Once you get T4,just BS around,turn off conversion,and try not to get your squads wiped by gey soviet arty or Priest/pak howie. and get a panther. Done.
18 Feb 2015, 17:32 PM

build 4 volks,go mechanized truck instead of med(nothing stopping you from using teammates meds,or dropping meds with Sturmpioneer vet ability)convert fuel to muni,give them all shreks. Go second sturm if you wish and plant mines everywhere as well.

Get a raketen or two at 10 minutes. Problem solved. Go luftwaffe for MG34s and Falls since your T4 and therefore anti inf will be delayed doing this. Once you get T4,just BS around,turn off conversion,and try not to get your squads wiped by gey soviet arty or Priest/pak howie. and get a panther. Done.

Yeah I went ahead and tried out that strategy, I liked the fact that I had 4 squads with shreks. Still gotta be careful though because of the Sherman tanks using HE. However I built 2 raketenwerfers and tried to position them carefully and I was getting good results with them. Especially if I tried to bait a Sherman to come after my Volks.

I played a game yesterday and one of the allied players had an endless supply of Shermans and Easy 8s. I had a Jagdpanzer IV and 3 shrek squads but I just couldn't handle the sheer numbers of tanks that were on the field. I ended up loosing my Jadgpanzer IV to a swarm and my volk squads were getting hammered by priests. I did manage to field a JadgTiger but it had limited success, it seemed like I should have built Panthers instead of just one big tank.

19 Feb 2015, 01:41 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yeah I went ahead and tried out that strategy, I liked the fact that I had 4 squads with shreks. Still gotta be careful though because of the Sherman tanks using HE. However I built 2 raketenwerfers and tried to position them carefully and I was getting good results with them. Especially if I tried to bait a Sherman to come after my Volks.

I played a game yesterday and one of the allied players had an endless supply of Shermans and Easy 8s. I had a Jagdpanzer IV and 3 shrek squads but I just couldn't handle the sheer numbers of tanks that were on the field. I ended up loosing my Jadgpanzer IV to a swarm and my volk squads were getting hammered by priests. I did manage to field a JadgTiger but it had limited success, it seemed like I should have built Panthers instead of just one big tank.

OH NO...
dont go for jagdtigers against medium tank spam EVER. you're BEGGING to get swarmed,especially in teamgames. Jagdtiger is for IS2s and ISU152.

Special Operations allows you to get tons of AI mileage out of your volks with Infiltration nades(you can counter any allied inf in a 1v1 engagement with a well thrown infiltration assault even shocks), and you can then use the command panther instead of teching to T4.

So basically 4 volks mechanized truck convert fuel to muni,then spam shreks shreks and mines,battlegroup HQ,Convert muni to fuel,and then wait for Command panther.

if you absoulutely need meds just drop with sturmpios.

go for JP4 if you dont have enough time or CP's to wait for a command panther. Both are the best MEDIUM TD/tank hunters in the game when used properly.

22 Feb 2015, 21:26 PM

OH NO...
dont go for jagdtigers against medium tank spam EVER. you're BEGGING to get swarmed,especially in teamgames. Jagdtiger is for IS2s and ISU152.

Special Operations allows you to get tons of AI mileage out of your volks with Infiltration nades(you can counter any allied inf in a 1v1 engagement with a well thrown infiltration assault even shocks), and you can then use the command panther instead of teching to T4.

So basically 4 volks mechanized truck convert fuel to muni,then spam shreks shreks and mines,battlegroup HQ,Convert muni to fuel,and then wait for Command panther.

if you absoulutely need meds just drop with sturmpios.

go for JP4 if you dont have enough time or CP's to wait for a command panther. Both are the best MEDIUM TD/tank hunters in the game when used properly.

Ok thank you, I must have had the bigger is better mentality in y head when I was building the Jagdtiger lol. I do like the Jadgpanzer IV, when it get s to vet 3 it is a great anti tank unit!
23 Feb 2015, 14:43 PM

Without providing a replay we can't really help you. All I can say that don't get too fixed on build orders, be rather adaptive and delay your teching when necessary if you see that you are likely to be overwhelmed.
23 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Without providing a replay we can't really help you. All I can say that don't get too fixed on build orders, be rather adaptive and delay your teching when necessary if you see that you are likely to be overwhelmed.

+1

@ OP: Please post say, 1-3 replays in which you lost, preferably narrowly. Those who will help you, want to get a feel for how you play in a variety of situations.

If you are ballsy enough to display your score card, you need not worry about doing this. I have seen many who found help from this process.
23 Feb 2015, 15:18 PM

Cookiez and Cream hammered it. Also you can play T2, just dont throw nades untill your volks have Schrecks. And get that Püppchen at 6-10 Minutes depending on opposition (Muerica Lieutenenant f.e.).

Do you realize that cookiez had perfectly tailered advice for his problem which was indeed fundamentally rooted in his absurd build of 2 Volks, T2 to T4 Luchs and not a thousand replays would have helped his cause, but instead wasted the time of those willing to help?

+1

@ OP: Please post say, 1-3 replays in which you lost, preferably narrowly. Those who will help you, want to get a feel for how you play in a variety of situations.

Why would you +1 such an answer? I'm all in for posting replays when poeple seek help. Especially when they are not able to analize the slightest bit of their problem. This guy did mention having played a lot and his description was good enough to identifiy his true problem: Weak early and early midgame and almost no AT due to stupendous 4v4 build which works in a team of friends (kinda) but fails regularly in a random environemnt.

23 Feb 2015, 15:33 PM

Do you realize that cookiez had perfectly tailered advice for his problem which was indeed fundamentally rooted in his absurd build of 2 Volks, T2 to T4 Luchs and not a thousand replays would have helped his cause, but instead wasted the time of those willing to help?

No offense, but the OP especially asked on help in 3vs3+ games and if you are honest Cookiez and Cream doesn't have really much games with O(P)KW in this modes and might have even less knowledge about than OP. And like I say, it's not good to go for fixed builds. Sometimes it's even good do go 2 volks into medic truck, but other times it's better to get first 4 volks and then the mechanzied assault truck. Just saying there is no general solution.

And maybe the issue is not really the build order but in the way he uses his units? A replay certainly helps.

24 Feb 2015, 23:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

No offense, but the OP especially asked on help in 3vs3+ games and if you are honest Cookiez and Cream doesn't have really much games with O(P)KW in this modes and might have even less knowledge about than OP. And like I say, it's not good to go for fixed builds. Sometimes it's even good do go 2 volks into medic truck, but other times it's better to get first 4 volks and then the mechanzied assault truck. Just saying there is no general solution.

And maybe the issue is not really the build order but in the way he uses his units? A replay certainly helps.

While i dont have many team games as OKW,I definitely have plenty of expierence playing AGAINST okw in team games,1v1,you name it..(Along with being in a somewhat high ranked AT as axis)and I can tell you that a Volk heavy start with alot of shreks and reketens,handled properly,will absoulutely destroy your typical MEDIUM tank spam build(Guard motor,Rifle company etc),which is what OP SAID he is struggling with. Just because I dont waste a lot of time playing that team game hero of a mode doesnt mean I dont know anything about it. Playercard watching isnt gonna tell you the whole story. I watch the replays from the games i do play and i know what i struggle with.

What was wrong with what I said? Where was I wrong? if someone goes for a Jagdtiger against 4 T34-85s....I mean come on...

Axis isnt some enigma. Especially at his level. theres no need to break down some clusterfk of a replay...especially random team games.

You can literally do whatever the hell you want and it can work out,just have enough AT to not get rolled. Lol.

He can create his own build of just Fusiliers,Mines, and raketens(which is probably viable) ffs,but all he needs is to be pointed in the right direction regarding something he struggles with,especially at his presumed level of play. if you can come up with a noticeably better anti medium tank spam build for OKW then please share.

And im sorry if this comes across as defensive.
25 Feb 2015, 17:51 PM

I would love to post a replay but I hate to ask on how I do that? I don't really know the process for doing it. If anyone would help I would greatly appreciate it. Also thank you for y'alls advice, I think y'all are right about me doing a fixed build order. I will try to play more fluidly and react to the situation.
25 Feb 2015, 18:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I would love to post a replay but I hate to ask on how I do that? I don't really know the process for doing it. If anyone would help I would greatly appreciate it. Also thank you for y'alls advice, I think y'all are right about me doing a fixed build order. I will try to play more fluidly and react to the situation.

At the top of the page, under the "REPLAYS" tab, choose "Upload a Replay". Or just click here: http://www.coh2.org/replay/upload
8 Mar 2015, 15:17 PM

At the top of the page, under the "REPLAYS" tab, choose "Upload a Replay". Or just click here: http://www.coh2.org/replay/upload

Ok thank you for that. Also where can I go and find the actual file as to where it is saved?

Thanks guys
8 Mar 2015, 15:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ok thank you for that. Also where can I go and find the actual file as to where it is saved?

Thanks guys

Try company of ELO- it will handle everything and will automatically save the newest replay and it will upload the replays to Coh2.org for you,all right from the application.

All you have to do is save the replay immediately after you play a game,and itll be there waiting for you in the application

Also has other nice features but you can check those out on your own

http://www.coh2.org/topic/18454/celo--company-of-elo
19 Apr 2015, 20:58 PM

Ok I will load some 1v1 replays that I have from today's games. I am so fed up with how shitty I am, I lost like 5 out of 6 games I have played today. Its embarrassing to have all these hours in the game and keep losing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★