Login

russian armor

British Forces vs. Afrikakorps - My suggestions

17 Feb 2015, 07:37 AM

British forces still lack indirect fire and a camping enemy would be hard to beat...

But i guess charge their at guns with heavy armor and mgs with powerful infantry?

Yes that indirect fire thing is true :D Maybe we can think about a solution together?

My first thought was using the sniper which should be the strongest sniper in the game being in T2 first and only available in offensive mode. The brits are overall designed as a faction that relies heavily on cover. With a captain/lieutenant they become beasts while in green. So probably it would be a good idea for their pioneers to be able to build sandbags, wouldn't it?

17 Feb 2015, 09:03 AM

Calling it Africa corps wouldnt be the best idea. Ober Komando West and Ostheer aren't historical terms. Simply call it Army Group South to represent the axis forces early in N.Africa and then later in Italy.

African/italian Sp content based on 1943 stuff and the related british and army group south MP factions use 1944 gear and units.
17 Feb 2015, 09:38 AM

African/italian Sp content based on 1943 stuff and the related british and army group south MP factions use 1944 gear and units.

I didnt notice that he suggested DAK as a single player army, tho less units form OH and OKW would be nice. Like replace Fallschirmjagers with Gebirgsjagers: 5 men armed with MP40's (game needs more MP40's), with the option to upgrade them with 3x STG's, some useful abilitys like Panzerwurfmine, Ambush camouflage.

Or for example instead of the HMG 34 or 42, give them the Flak 38:

Flak36 (320 menpower)- 4 men crew eqiped with rifles, 2 of them handling the gun (same as the le.IG 18). Its atak would work similar to the Flak HTs with the diffrence that it would have limited firing arc.
17 Feb 2015, 09:44 AM

Well imo the Afircan corps army is sligthly to similar to the Ostheer:

For example instead of the HMG 34 or 42, give them the Flak 38:

Flak36 (320 menpower)- 4 men crew eqiped with rifles, 2 of them handling the gun (same as the le.IG 18). Its atak would work similar to the Flak HTs with the diffrence that it would have limited firing arc.

So you mean a movable flak that has a firing ark just like the PaK?
That sounds really interesting!
I really like the idea and it would be something totally different.
In addition it would fit in the Brit playstyle for it would be weak against snipers because killing 3 men would make the last one leave the gun like mortars and PaKs.
17 Feb 2015, 14:14 PM

Yes that indirect fire thing is true :D Maybe we can think about a solution together?

My first thought was using the sniper which should be the strongest sniper in the game being in T2 first and only available in offensive mode. The brits are overall designed as a faction that relies heavily on cover. With a captain/lieutenant they become beasts while in green. So probably it would be a good idea for their pioneers to be able to build sandbags, wouldn't it?

Sandbags would be good.

As for infirect fire, how about the land mattress as a static emplacement with limited range but a devastating barrage? Buildable by pioneers during offensive mode? They were only used at the very end of the war, but i dont know much else that isnt already present only with a Commonwealth emblem on it.

As for the flak mg idea mentioned that would be awesome. A mobile manpower flak with a limited arc.
17 Feb 2015, 15:36 PM

As for infirect fire, how about the land mattress as a static emplacement with limited range but a devastating barrage? Buildable by pioneers during offensive mode? They were only used at the very end of the war, but i dont know much else that isnt already present only with a Commonwealth emblem on it.

A stationary indirect fire would be a good idea. I just ask myself if the land mattress isn't a bit too strong. On the other hand it would be a nice idea if it costs about 60-70 fuel and is available at T3 first.
Then it would be a stationary Katjusha/Panzerwerfer which wouldn't be OP in any case.
17 Feb 2015, 15:39 PM

Sandbags would be good.

As for the flak mg idea mentioned that would be awesome. A mobile manpower flak with a limited arc.

Land Mattress was like nebelwerfer, not static, and it was never used in Africa
17 Feb 2015, 15:59 PM

Sandbags would be good.

Mortars and 25 pounders are the best candidates to be used as indirect fire.

Land Mattress was like nebelwerfer, not static, and it was never used in Africa

Barton is correct, brits didn't had any kind of land based rockets in North Africa, not sure if they had some plane based rockets.
17 Feb 2015, 16:14 PM

Guys, it's impossible to play static arty since Stuka zu fuss is ingame.
17 Feb 2015, 16:40 PM

i dont want to see british
i dont like desert maps
i dont want more factions

inspite i would like WFA to be removed

i would like to see more eastern front maps and campaigns.

and i want vcoh2 back
17 Feb 2015, 16:44 PM

Fireflies weren't used in Africa either... And i meant that it would act as an emplacement (pioneers would build a 6 pounder as an emplacement... An immobile 57mm at gun)

But you could include stuff that already had existed and would be identical to anyone else's artillery except with a british crew. Try to think of other artillery that isnt a straight up mortar or a 25 pounder...
17 Feb 2015, 16:50 PM
Patrion 14

Heavy artillery was a key plank of Montgomery's strategy in Africa. Any British faction without it would look a bit silly.

In fact, it's the normal Axis / Allies schtick - the Allies had manpower superiority but mediocre armour, the Germans the opposite. The Germans were also saddled with the truly sub-par Italians. This is usually the cue for a spirited defence of the Italian army, but their performance in Africa was risible, mainly due to poor tech and indifferent generalship.

A la the Ardennes offensive, the Germans were stymied by a lack of fuel. The Allies weren't.

Also, both sides relied heavily on air power in the desert.

I like the faction design a lot, but it needs work. Not for historical accuracy so much, but to reflect asymmetrical play.
17 Feb 2015, 16:59 PM

i dont like desert maps
i dont want more factions

Like it or not according to the game files the British are coming.
CoH2 is no longer a game based only in the Eastern Front.

and i want vcoh2 back

I agree with you. It would be awesome to see some Kursk/Barbarossa campaign or ToW DLC.
17 Feb 2015, 17:17 PM

In fact, it's the normal Axis / Allies schtick - the Allies had manpower superiority but mediocre armour, the Germans the opposite.

Allied armor was better than German armor until the Tunisia Campaign where the Tiger first saw action in Africa.

The M4 Sherman had better armor and gun than PzIII and PzIV.

The Germans relied more on AT guns like the famous 88 to deal with tanks.
17 Feb 2015, 17:29 PM

Permanently Banned

and i want vcoh2 back

I agree.
This game are about Eastern Front, but we have WFA >:(, why not another army in EF.
I so sad that we don have new stuff about EF.
17 Feb 2015, 17:46 PM

Permanently Banned
And waht about maps, its desert, so some of them must be like this map where was mud in 3v3 and 4v4. Its be new kreygasm optimization ?
17 Feb 2015, 17:46 PM

I agree.
This game are about Eastern Front, but we have WFA >:(, why not another army in EF.
I so sad that we don have new stuff about EF.

My guess is that vCoH2 was poorly received in the Russian market due to its campaign storyline and Relic will not venture into another Eastern Front campaign due to this.
17 Feb 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 19:27 PMPorygon
I rather they make COH3 on Pacific.

Night Assault, jungle ambush, rain
Numerous, stealth, fanatic IJN vs conventional USMC

or Korean War :hyper:
The "mighty" US Pershing is like toys to T-34 85

and please NO brit again, don't you have enough blob warfare already in game?

Just because the Brits were a blob faction in CoH1 doesn't mean they have to be in CoH2
17 Feb 2015, 18:44 PM
Patrion 14

The whole Brit blob / slowness thing drives me fucking nuts and is borne of lazy American stereotyping of Montgomery's decision to take his time over Caen.

Which was, lest it be forgotten, urban warfare against an elite SS panzer division.

After that the British army moved across the Low Countries with the speed of a thousand gazelles. As it did in North Africa.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★