Login

russian armor

Having issues with aggressive OKW

14 Feb 2015, 12:59 PM

Hey guys!

As the title states... after numerous games, mostly in Semoskiy(summer), I found that I am struggling against OKW who are aggressive from the very start.

Last game I started at the north corner with 2 Cons and went out to see what the OKW had prepared for me to bump on an Kubel (that pesky little car with MG on top) that was stationed opposite of my cut-off. He suppressed my 1st Con squad while he obviously sent his Sturm+Volks on the other side of the map capping points.

I couldn't flank the Kubel which, head on, suppressed my infantry really fast (before they get to green cover). If I went to fight his infantry I had losses myself while not gaining anything significant. He stalled me for some minutes that way.

At that point I had to decide between T1 (and having issues with light vehicles later) or T2 (and later be vulnerable to a Stuka). For some reason I went for T2, hoping a garrisoned Maxim at the building near my cut-off could fend off the Kubel. No need to mention that soon enough I was forced to research Meds cause my infantry was taking damage which was leading to even less durability against OKW Sturms and Volks.

So what would you suggest against an early and well placed Kubel which stalls you while his superior infantry go around capping points and gaining resources?

EDIT : All these happened early game, before 2 CP, so I had no options of a deadlier call-in infantry.

14 Feb 2015, 13:18 PM

Anticipate it. Try to be there, before the Kubel arrives. It's a close race, but you should win. Do a delayed tech, build t2 after 4 cons, ideally when your engie retreated after pulling his weight in the first fight(s). Get into one of the houses, keep a constant stream of cons coming.
14 Feb 2015, 16:12 PM

Kitahara thx for the reply!

I 'll try getting more Conscripts before building T2 but is this enough to let a Soviet player inflict enough damage to, what seems superior, OKW infantry?

If I get 4 Cons, my OKW opponent will most likely have 4 Volks(plus the initial Sturms) or 3 Volks, 1 Kubel(plus the initial Sturms).

Would 4 Cons fend off such OKW force?
Should I avoid combat before getting all 4 squads?

When I get into a house, Sturms go to the side where there are usually fewer windows and shred my squad to pieces. I bet I should always prioritize focusing Sturms over Volks... still Volks deal a fair share of damage!

Last question fore now, and even if everything goes relatively well, how should I respond to the Stuka? It usually kills entire weapon teams leaving my positions vulnerable to infantry assaults.

thx in advance
14 Feb 2015, 17:10 PM

Cons beat Volks at mid-close range, move your Cons from cover to cover until they are close and Volks will start dropping. Focus fire on Sturms to make them retreat early in a battle.

After 3 Cons research AT Nades then build 4 Cons if you see an early Kubel. Try to hit it with some rifle fire from the front and sneak a Con behind it and AT Nade it to death.
14 Feb 2015, 18:51 PM

Cons beat Volks at mid-close range, move your Cons from cover to cover until they are close and Volks will start dropping. Focus fire on Sturms to make them retreat early in a battle.

After 3 Cons research AT Nades then build 4 Cons if you see an early Kubel. Try to hit it with some rifle fire from the front and sneak a Con behind it and AT Nade it to death.

Yeah, I know Volks can be beaten at close-mid range but most OKW players know this as well so they keep Sturms as a screening force if you try to come closer to Volks.

The only thing that seems to work is to spread my Cons and attack from different angles.

Any suggestion for the Stuka?

Thx for the replies no matter what!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight