Login

russian armor

Removing commanders / abilties

12 Feb 2015, 17:47 PM

How is this done?

Thanks!
20 Feb 2015, 10:45 AM

Bumping up this post.

I want to remove certain abilities like firestorm from the co-op map I'm making.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
22 Feb 2015, 10:55 AM

Make a tuning pack, clone any abilities you do not want, set UI_position to -1 for them.
22 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2015, 10:55 AMCruzz
Make a tuning pack, clone any abilities you do not want, set UI_position to -1 for them.

Thanks, I installed the whole thing and went looking for those abilities. But I can't find them, anywhere. Can you point out where I can find the commander abilities?

Cheers
23 Feb 2015, 01:08 AM

Thanks, I installed the whole thing and went looking for those abilities. But I can't find them, anywhere. Can you point out where I can find the commander abilities?

Cheers

All the files you want to change will be in abilities, but they'll be spread all over several folders because Relic doesn't believe in easy access.

You can cross-reference abilities by looking at the commander passives in commander_abilities, then searching for those passives with a text editor that has search through files (notepad++ etc) to find the ability that requires them (which will be what you want to change).

23 Feb 2015, 02:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 01:08 AMCruzz

All the files you want to change will be in abilities, but they'll be spread all over several folders because Relic doesn't believe in easy access.

You can cross-reference abilities by looking at the commander passives in commander_abilities, then searching for those passives with a text editor that has search through files (notepad++ etc) to find the ability that requires them (which will be what you want to change).

Perkele.

Well thanks for the tip. Looks like I'm gona have to get myself Notepad++ after all and get cracking.
23 Feb 2015, 08:26 AM

Honestly it's faster just to go through the abilities one at a time until you find what you want instead of searching for them like that. You should only bother searching through the files if you really can't find something manually.
23 Feb 2015, 11:25 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Good reference list for commander abilities is the ability list in raceebps.
23 Feb 2015, 22:25 PM

Good reference list for commander abilities is the ability list in raceebps.

That's really helpfull, thanks. It's actually key to a couple of my maps and projects.

My 1st map is almost done, I'm sure you guys will like the attention to detail :)

Anyhow, thanks a lot!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS