Login

russian armor

who is the best faction in 1v1

11 Feb 2015, 05:09 AM

who is the best faction in 1v1? im not asking who is the easiest to use
its very hard to balance this game, so perhaps one faction may be better than others at this current patch
im asking whos the strongest of the 4

absolutely no fanboying/bias posts
i want to know who is the best out of the 4 in 1v1 and should be answered with only objective reasoning
i want to see a clear pros and cons weighted out and a conclusion of why that faction is the best
and no bias arguments either

and also no noob answers either. i want a professional answer.

i want also want to see whos the best to worst if you can

and also you can talk about the best to worst in 2v2 3v3 4v4
13 Feb 2015, 08:17 AM

theyre all the best factions. if you look at the leaderboard each faction has someone ranked number 1 ;)
13 Feb 2015, 08:25 AM

OKW, hands down. You don't need much skill besides blobbing and abusing to win :snfPeter:
13 Feb 2015, 08:44 AM

Ostheer and soviets all other factions relie on fuel too much
13 Feb 2015, 08:59 AM
Patrion 14

Either Soviets or OKW I guess. Ostheer is a joke
13 Feb 2015, 09:10 AM
Donator 11

For me the coh1 american tech design os by far the best one. In coh2 i prefer ost the most although it has balance issues. Soviets tech design is by far the worse one for me.
13 Feb 2015, 09:35 AM

OPKW is easiest
Ostheer is worst faction in every matchup
13 Feb 2015, 09:52 AM

Usf > okw and ostheer ; Soviet > okw ; Soviet = Ostheer, but ostheer is more difficult to play if you don't Spam gren with rng troll cons vs gren ( but this start is weak To M3 + 2 guards with upgrade top) ; okw << Usf and < soviet. Results : USF win ! Clap clap.
13 Feb 2015, 16:38 PM

13 Feb 2015, 16:44 PM

Soviets, followed in equidistance by OKW and US. OH is, well, bad. Just bad.
13 Feb 2015, 16:45 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Maps > factions

Starting on the wrong side of a map makes a huge diffrence. That's the problem with Relic's asymmetrical maps. They are not balanced.
13 Feb 2015, 17:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 16:45 PMluvnest
Maps > factions

Starting on the wrong side of a map makes a huge diffrence. That's the problem with Relic's asymmetrical maps. They are not balanced.

I wonder why not more players have perceived this issue yet. On certain positions in maps it is almost impossible or extremely challenging to win in certain constellation (provided both players have the same skill level), such as Langreskaya Axis south/Allies north. Other maps are horrible for one special faction as Stalingrad for Ostheer or Crossing in the Woods for USF. If CoH2's maps were kind of balanced or fair I bet gameplay would be far more enjoyable than nowadays and could allow more variety in terms of strategy too since you have to choose the best doctrines in order to equal unfair conditions caused by unwise map design.

13 Feb 2015, 17:45 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I wonder why not more players have perceived this issue yet. On certain positions in maps it is almost impossible or extremely challenging to win in certain constellation (provided both players have the same skill level), such as Langreskaya Axis south/Allies north. Other maps are horrible for one special faction as Stalingrad for Ostheer or Crossing in the Woods for USF. If CoH2's maps were kind of balanced or fair I bet gameplay would be far more enjoyable than nowadays and could allow more variety in terms of strategy too since you have to choose the best doctrines in order to equal unfair conditions caused by unwise map design.

Well said Theo.

I wonder if Relic ever gonna take the advice we gave them in their own Map improvement poll. We stated the most obvious issues there like the Kharkov cutoff on the left side. I bet some of these changes could be implemented with the map editor within a day's work. But this thread is from Nov 29, 2014 which makes me wondering a little bit.
13 Feb 2015, 17:51 PM

+1
The Maps are one of the biggest issues CoH2 currently has. There is only ONE good 2v2 map and maybe 2-3 decent 1v1 maps. And by that I do not only mean map balance but also map design in general. The map are generally too narrow and don't provide enough open fields to have nice tank battles etc. (somethign like Duclair in CoH1 would be sooo cool)
14 Feb 2015, 01:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 08:25 AMKhan
OKW, hands down. You don't need much skill besides blobbing and abusing to win :snfPeter:

I can say the exact same thing of USF and their American Rifleblobs.
14 Feb 2015, 09:57 AM

A skilled player should flatten a blob. Doesn't matter what faction is doing it xD On the otherhand, it hurts the US waaay more if they lose their infantry so maybe the okw blobs are stronger?
14 Feb 2015, 10:23 AM
Patrion 14

I´d like to hear why certain factions got a disadvantage on certain maps?

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 17:51 PMGiaA

The Maps are one of the biggest issues CoH2 currently has. There is only ONE good 2v2 map and maybe 2-3 decent 1v1 maps. And by that I do not only mean map balance but also map design in general. The map are generally too narrow and don't provide enough open fields to have nice tank battles etc. (somethign like Duclair in CoH1 would be sooo cool)

I don´t play enough to join this discusion but map design was always relics weak point since DoW1. Relic games feature interesting and innovative game mechanics but the maps never really support this mechanics. Often enough flaws like the horrible pathing in DoW1 increase the existing problems with the maps. CoH1 for example had two acceptable 2v2 maps (Duclair and Rails and Metall) and about two or maybe three decent 1v1 maps. But none of them was really perfect. And thats just not enough.
16 Feb 2015, 20:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 17:45 PMluvnest

Well said Theo.

I wonder if Relic ever gonna take the advice we gave them in their own Map improvement poll. We stated the most obvious issues there like the Kharkov cutoff on the left side. I bet some of these changes could be implemented with the map editor within a day's work. But this thread is from Nov 29, 2014 which makes me wondering a little bit.

Since Relic is/was working on other stuff I wouldn't wonder to be honest. I think the next balance patch could be a suitable momentum to implement map changes. Maybe they had no better opportunity.

And adding something like Duclair would indeed enrich 2v2's map pool with a balanced map, GiaA. Most of current 2v2 maps promote blobby, bunkery and non innovative gameplay and build orders due to their tremendous lack of flanking opportunities.
20 Feb 2015, 19:28 PM

Soviets>okw>usf>ostheer.

I like to see a patch that verses that order just for a nice change.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★