Login

russian armor

Dealing with USF T3?

10 Feb 2015, 06:10 AM

The combo of Sherman's, Jackson's, and P47s have been making the late game impossible for me. I can draw a line in the sand with PaKs, Grens, PzGrens, and halftracks. But any offensive action gets beat back by USF Jackson's and HE loaded Sherman's.
10 Feb 2015, 16:15 PM

A replay would help, but here's how I see it:

Combined Arms. Your AT guns are a serious threat to all USF armor, as are Panzer IVs. PzGrens with Schrecks are also deadly against Jacksons, but vulnerable to Shermans, so I wouldn't recommend them.

And if you can get out a Panther or Tiger, the USF have very little that can handle that, if you support it enough to prevent it from getting flanked.

The P-47 Rocket Run is annoying, but unlike your own JU-87G Attacks, it generally doesn't kill tanks, unless you stay in the area.
So, he can buy some time with it, but at 240 munitions he can maybe do it twice, and then (usually) your tanks are still alive.
10 Feb 2015, 17:10 PM

Playing Americans, how would you fare if you allowed your opponent several P4's and sturmpanzers? Same thing
13 Feb 2015, 06:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Playing Americans, how would you fare if you allowed your opponent several P4's and sturmpanzers? Same thing

Thankfully USF T4 hardcounters Ost T3 since Jacksons three shot the mediums with ease while Shermans can screen for them.

Attacking is generally hard for Ost since most of their real AT comes in the form of the Pak and spreading out and trying for flanks is a good way to lose units given how frail their troops are to AOE. Generally I find you have to be patient and generally let them come to you or have some sort of scout before even attempting to initiate attack if you know they have Jacksons.

It's generally a slow push forward as Ost as you move that support line up, using tanks to protect them from danger while they force off things such as Jacksons and your grens/PGs force off American infantry when they attempt to attack. Generally, I want the paks to shoot first if they can so it forces USF tanks off so my tanks and inf can move up and push away the USF infantry when they attempt to go for the pak. It's essentially forcing the USF to bleed resources trying to punch into a stonewall while you stock up you build up.

Against P-47s, you can either pray that a tank MG gunner will shoot down all the planes or simply pull back, though it can be difficult to fight back if the Americans decide to make their push forward during that and hope you got a pak covering the other pak if its an armoured push or they miss and you manage to faust them all.

21 Feb 2015, 23:01 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS