Login

russian armor

sWS Supply HT speed reduction

PAGES (8)down
10 Feb 2015, 01:19 AM

I know this unit has been re-balanced many times in the past, first for when it could plow through buildings and annihilate whatever was inside, and it also got some speed adjustments in the past if I recall (it was reduced).

Recently I've encountered players using the truck offensively in the start of the match. They will push it into the enemy territory at the very start, supported by pios and volks, and just push enemy units aside, allowing the sturmpios to kill them quickly and not allowing the allied players to fire back. Obviously this can be pretty risky for the OKW player, and if done right it is possible to kill the truck (for example if you get AT grenades with cons, or if you get a SC as T1 quick enough). Regardless, I think the truck needs a further speed reduction.

I don't think this is the most important balance issue with OKW obviously, but it's very frustrating to deal with as an allied player. I think the speed needs to be adjusted again, and reduced. If you watch the truck while playing OKW, it still moves considerably fast. I don't think the health or anything else needs to be adjusted, just its top speed. It's a utility / base vehicle and shouldn't have the same speed as a medium tank.
10 Feb 2015, 07:40 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, i think the truck should just be slower than infantry. it makes a forward position slightly harder to get up but otherwise has no negative effects (unless you're a faggot who likes pushing...)
10 Feb 2015, 07:45 AM

truck pushing is bullshit.
10 Feb 2015, 08:19 AM
Patrion 14

^ word
10 Feb 2015, 09:42 AM
Patrion 14

Yep. Truck pushing is just stupid, and neither fun to play with or against.
10 Feb 2015, 11:01 AM

What if truck will be able to move only when out of combat? Or greatly reduce movement speed when in combat.
10 Feb 2015, 11:07 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 11:01 AMRMMLz
What if truck will be able to move only when out of combat? Or greatly reduce movement speed when in combat.

^this
10 Feb 2015, 11:32 AM

It just needs to be very, very vulnerable for small fire and gets normal durability while converting.

Truck pushing out of cover, suppress by Kubel, wiped by Stormpio - GG.
10 Feb 2015, 11:53 AM

Sorry to say that, but I think a complete speed reduction is the wrong way to fix it.
Especially on some maps, I think, one side has a clear disadvantage because you have to order your troops through fences. I know that is also a micro-issue, but even when you order your troops the direct way, over the fences, you are sometimes slower than your opponent and he can be able to get the better position.
That's why I use the truck to destroy the fences.

That pushing thing, on the other hand, is really stupid, that's why I think you have to patch it in that way, that it is more risky to use it offensive, make it more vulnerable, less armor, less hp.
10 Feb 2015, 12:06 PM

Set CD to 30~60 sec for the first truck to spawn but decrease the tier build time of first truck
10 Feb 2015, 12:11 PM
Patrion 14

That's why I use the truck to destroy the fences.
Remind me why would the OKW need a free truck to be able to break fences when every other faction needs to pay for a light vehicle to do it, in some cases upwards of 100 fuel in teching cost, especially since OKW have the Kubelwagen, which is not only cheap but also has clear utility in the early game?
10 Feb 2015, 12:31 PM

They are able to do it, so why not use it. It gives you an advantage like rushing for a mg and put it into a keyposition, so why not use it?
10 Feb 2015, 12:32 PM

Remind me why would the OKW need a free truck to be able to break fences when every other faction needs to pay for a light vehicle to do it, in some cases upwards of 100 fuel in teching cost, especially since OKW have the Kubelwagen, which is not only cheap but also has clear utility in the early game?

exactly
10 Feb 2015, 12:49 PM
Patrion 14

They are able to do it, so why not use it. It gives you an advantage like rushing for a mg and put it into a keyposition, so why not use it?
By all means, feel free to use it!

But don't mention that as a counterargument to sWS speed nerfs because even without it OKW can STILL break fences cheaper and earlier than any other faction in the game.

Back on topic, my proposal to solve the problem is : the sWS should get a massive (50%) speed and acceleration reduction in neutral and enemy territory. That way it can't be used offensively to help Sturmpios cap vital fuel points in the first minute of the match. And, if you only use it to build base buildings, you will NEVER experience this penalty in-game.
10 Feb 2015, 13:38 PM
Patrion 14

The whole point is that it's an unfair advantage, that OKW doesn't need.
10 Feb 2015, 14:02 PM
Donator 11

I would just make it take more damage from small arms. like the equivalent of the Brits truck. That way the play has to secure the area knowing it won't get attacked.

This will also help with people who over extend with the flak hq as it would take more risk to set up in the middle of combat as well as the map.
10 Feb 2015, 14:05 PM

If the goal is to make pushing harder it is probably best to reduce acceleration rather than top speed. That way you can still move relatively fast if you want a fast forward HQ, but pushing will be harder and more risky.
10 Feb 2015, 14:21 PM

+1.
Truck pushing is idiotic.

My proposed fix: Make the SWS move ONLY when ordered to deploy somewhere. Like, right click moves don't work; It comes and parks near your HQ. When you want to deploy it, choose the building you want, and choose the location. It'll drive up and deploy. Movement is locked otherwise.

OR reduce its health/armor significantly so that it dies extremely quickly to infantry units' small-arms so that if it's caught driving around pushing/destroying fences, it incurs a penalty on the OKW player.
10 Feb 2015, 14:26 PM

It hurts my head to even think about Truck pushing as a meta in COH2. How low have we gotten?
10 Feb 2015, 15:03 PM

Back on topic, my proposal to solve the problem is : the sWS should get a massive (50%) speed and acceleration reduction in neutral and enemy territory. That way it can't be used offensively to help Sturmpios cap vital fuel points in the first minute of the match. And, if you only use it to build base buildings, you will NEVER experience this penalty in-game.

This is actually a well thought out idea. I commend you sir! +1
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight