Login

russian armor

It just isn't fun anymore

PAGES (7)down
16 Feb 2015, 10:59 AM

What facts? It was 2.7 gigs of updates in 8 months, games still being patched. Many games completely halt updates by now. Whether its blatant OP shit or not, its still getting tended to.
16 Feb 2015, 11:36 AM

Of course its noob friendly. Loose a squad, just make another. Its nowhere near as important to keep units alive as it was in coh1, where vet was important.
I am not even going to start on about soviets or okw, both noob freindly untill you reach higher levels.

Zombie squads?
Buyable vet?
Upgrades speeding up vetting and reducing upkeep?

None of these is in coh2, so yea, loosing squads here is more punishing then in coh1, where you were rewarded for casualties with free squads.
16 Feb 2015, 12:06 PM

Vet3 free grenadiers if you bought the vet as wher. I dunno, maybe its because I was absent so long that I enjoy it so much now, but I never enjoyed coh2 this much previously. Even seem to find games allot faster.
16 Feb 2015, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 11:36 AMKatitof

Zombie squads?
Buyable vet?
Upgrades speeding up vetting and reducing upkeep?

None of these is in coh2, so yea, loosing squads here is more punishing then in coh1, where you were rewarded for casualties with free squads.

Obviously you got issues with Wher design, a lot of people did, hence the preference for Coh2. I am not going to argue the point which game is better because that is a matter of personal preference and i accept that.

However vet is not as important due to mid/late game being about lmg and elite troops. Yes some units with vet are important but in the larger scheme of the game vet troops get wipe just as easy as fresh troops.

At a pro level ( ie tournament ) loosing squads can be detrimental but for most people in most modes greater than 1v1 it is a non event. I have played games where i have double the kills of my opponent but he just keeps calling in strong units that don't rely on vet to be effective. This is why it is noob friendly, the player may not win but he can stay in the game untill he can call in some heavey etc etc...
16 Feb 2015, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 12:06 PMJewdo
Vet3 free grenadiers if you bought the vet as wher. I dunno, maybe its because I was absent so long that I enjoy it so much now, but I never enjoyed coh2 this much previously. Even seem to find games allot faster.

Free weekend, there were double the normal amount of players.
16 Feb 2015, 12:15 PM

That explains my win streak, haha.
17 Feb 2015, 14:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Same to me on Rostov. We were in the same team today? I am BIS-DasIpsum on Steam. I agree with you. The game was good but with the last patches it became boring and blobby as ever. I was betten with blobs by players with lvl 12 (i have 145 and i am a decent player). That thing never happened before. I hope Relic will do something about this.

This, some one with cheap OKW or USF spam tactics can totally outplay you, even if he has no skill, know why? Spamming takes no skill hahahah. Just look at OKW with its suppression reduction bulletins for volks, just let them be bait for mg and let obers slaughter them. Same goes for riflemen, just walk up to mg, throw smoke nade, kill mg andd done. The WFA factions are the pure reason for unbalanced vanilla factions, they are the sole and stupendous reason
17 Feb 2015, 14:37 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 03:40 AMJaridan

Your logic doesn't hold. Any map is GG with a bad teammate, otherwise they wouldn't be bad. Any map that you have a bad teammate and the enemy doesn't is gg, otherwise the enemies would not be good.

Not at all, I have won games on Rostov where the other team had an superb team, I had one teammate who couldn't figure out how to move his units, yet we had the south side, we won ;)
17 Feb 2015, 14:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Anyone think they will patch the game soon?
17 Feb 2015, 14:45 PM

Anyone think they will patch the game soon?

They will. They cant ignore that much longer.
17 Feb 2015, 23:30 PM
Donator 11

Maybe SEGA decided COH2 is dead. Faction design must be reworked from zero. Its easier to create COH3 then to fix coh2.
18 Feb 2015, 08:44 AM

Not at all, I have won games on Rostov where the other team had an superb team, I had one teammate who couldn't figure out how to move his units, yet we had the south side, we won ;)

I kinda doubt the enemy was a "superb" team in that case, as stated before.

I don't know what to say, since there's nothing to debate, if you have 2 teams of equal skill but 1person in your team is bad/below that skill level you lose, if you don't then the teams were not that equal in terms of skill to begin with and someone carried.

Heck, i even won games with an AI on my side due to drops versus people, idk how there can be people playing MP but are not able to even win vs (hard) AI.
18 Feb 2015, 08:49 AM

Maybe SEGA decided COH2 is dead. Faction design must be reworked from zero. Its easier to create COH3 then to fix coh2.

COH3 ftw :snfBarton:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 2
unknown 50
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias