Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
29 Mar 2015, 15:12 PM

I also expect 40 euros price for the new factions ^^

Just to keep the "relic way".

Well, they don't run charity and you don't just snap your fingers and poof, suddenly 2 new armies.
29 Mar 2015, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2015, 15:12 PMKatitof

Well, they don't run charity and you don't just snap your fingers and poof, suddenly 2 new armies.

Doesn't have to be free, but the pricing model for WFA+AA wound up giving us one expansion pack's worth of content for the price of the full retail game originally (or more, depending on what region you were in). AA being 40 eur was in particular a slap in the face for people there.
30 Mar 2015, 01:55 AM

We paid, what 50? 60$ for 2 factions and supposedly a single player campaign at launch. Splitting the product letting me buy what I wanted with AA showed surprising thoughtfulness not demonstrated in the game. xD and besides prices are in line for the avg game. They might seem inflated up front but I'm sure for a lot of us avg pennies in long term equity. Just sort of the way of our microeconomic world.
30 Mar 2015, 05:15 AM

They already have microtransactions for the game, quite a lot of them. There's no real justification for the high pricetag of AA outside of "we wanted more money, so we charged more". We got two campaigns and two new factions in OF for a substantial discount over a full retail game price. What we get now is all of the components of an expansion pack split up and sold separately, the total cost of which is higher than the expansion packs of ye olde england. The same or higher price as the full base retail game in fact. It's certainly not more content than the full retail game. Then on top of this they also ship the AA campaign alongside FOX COMPANY RANGERS DLC.

I'm not about to start a boycott or something but I can't imagine how anybody could be pleased about the monetisation model of this game.
30 Mar 2015, 12:10 PM

Doesn't have to be free, but the pricing model for WFA+AA wound up giving us one expansion pack's worth of content for the price of the full retail game originally (or more, depending on what region you were in). AA being 40 eur was in particular a slap in the face for people there.

Which really isn't any different to anything other companies do.
Look at blizzard and D3/SC2 expansion model. You get new content, pay like for full game and have millions of people jerking off how awesome and generous Blizzard is. Or how many Terraria reskins have you seen, next being more expensive then previous.

Other studio does the same and the hurt of butts will be felt 3 generations into the future.
Players double standards are simply stunning at times. Especially since you can make completely separate, full game out of WFA+AA.

I'm not being for or against that model here, I'm simply saying that everyone does that and I see no reason to bash only a single game for it since whole gaming market does it and since players are buying it instead of sharpening pitchforks, lighting torches and marching against evil gaming companies, I see no reason to get worked up against it.
30 Mar 2015, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 12:10 PMKatitof

Which really isn't any different to anything other companies do.
Look at blizzard and D3/SC2 expansion model. You get new content, pay like for full game and have millions of people jerking off how awesome and generous Blizzard is. Or how many Terraria reskins have you seen, next being more expensive then previous.

Other studio does the same and the hurt of butts will be felt 3 generations into the future.
Players double standards are simply stunning at times. Especially since you can make completely separate, full game out of WFA+AA.

I'm not being for or against that model here, I'm simply saying that everyone does that and I see no reason to bash only a single game for it since whole gaming market does it and since players are buying it instead of sharpening pitchforks, lighting torches and marching against evil gaming companies, I see no reason to get worked up against it.

Except the Starcraft Expansions added new stuff as well as a full campaign, which we didn't get with AA.
30 Mar 2015, 14:09 PM

Except the Starcraft Expansions added new stuff as well as a full campaign, which we didn't get with AA.

So we didn't get USF AA campaign as well as 2 new ARMIES for price of full game with WFA+AA.

Meanwhile, SC2 offered couple of new units and campaign for price of full game.

I really wonder which deal sounds better.

Next time before hitting that reply button reread the post couple more times until you understand it.
Some people are slower then others, its normal, take your time and make sure you are replying for the whole post instead of just the part you've managed to process.

Unless you have worst case of selective reading ever known to a man that is.
30 Mar 2015, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 14:09 PMKatitof

So we didn't get USF AA campaign as well as 2 new ARMIES for price of full game with WFA+AA.

Meanwhile, SC2 offered couple of new units and campaign for price of full game.

I really wonder which deal sounds better.

Next time before hitting that reply button reread the post couple more times until you understand it.
Some people are slower then others, its normal, take your time and make sure you are replying for the whole post instead of just the part you've managed to process.

Unless you have worst case of selective reading ever known to a man that is.

Except AA was only about 5-6 hours long, which can normally only be achieved through speed runs for HotS and WoL. Not to mention the fact that the expansions added new units for all the armies. USF + OKW + AA is the price of 2 Starcraft Expansions, while only getting you nominally more units and a single player campaign that was extremely poor for it's cost.

The fact that Relic literally did not make a single new unit for the AA campaign is rather telling.
30 Mar 2015, 14:18 PM

Except AA was only about 5-6 hours long, which can normally only be achieved through speed runs for HotS and WoL. Not to mention the fact that the expansions added new units for all the armies. USF + OKW + AA is the price of 2 Starcraft Expansions, while only getting you nominally more units and a single player campaign that was extremely poor for it's cost.

Umm, replayability value for AA is incomparably greater then for any SC2 campaign.
And are you REALLY arguing that adding 6 units is better then TWO WHOLE ARMIES? At this point I wonder if I talk to a frog who learned to type english.

The fact that Relic literally did not make a single new unit for the AA campaign is rather telling.

USF mortar?
Rangers?
Cavalry rifleman?
Repair halftruck?
Various new off-maps?
The sherman from the last mission?

Why are you talking about parts of the game you obviously NEVER played yourself and instead spit usual, inaccurate bullshit?
30 Mar 2015, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 14:18 PMKatitof

Umm, replayability value for AA is incomparably greater then for any SC2 campaign.
And are you REALLY arguing that adding 6 units is better then TWO WHOLE ARMIES? At this point I wonder if I talk to a frog who learned to type english.

USF mortar?
Rangers?
Cavalry rifleman?
Repair halftruck?
Various new off-maps?
The sherman from the last mission?

Why are you talking about parts of the game you obviously NEVER played yourself and instead spit usual, inaccurate bullshit?

Iv played the entire AA campaign, which is a joke because even on hard the AI is so bad I swear to god it must be set to easy. All the USF units in the game are just reused models of USF units added when the army was put into the game. There isn't a single custom model to be found for miles.

The Repeatability for AA is a joke as well, the amount of unit customization you have in the SC2 campaigns blows AA out of the water, every single unit you get has 2 variants, that can also be upgraded to multiple other variants.

If you have ever played another Relic game before you would know that to call AA a full campaign is a shame when shit like DoW2 exists. Hell, they put more effort into DoW Retribution.
30 Mar 2015, 16:04 PM

Iv played the entire AA campaign, which is a joke because even on hard the AI is so bad I swear to god it must be set to easy. All the USF units in the game are just reused models of USF units added when the army was put into the game. There isn't a single custom model to be found for miles.

The Repeatability for AA is a joke as well, the amount of unit customization you have in the SC2 campaigns blows AA out of the water, every single unit you get has 2 variants, that can also be upgraded to multiple other variants.

If you have ever played another Relic game before you would know that to call AA a full campaign is a shame when shit like DoW2 exists. Hell, they put more effort into DoW Retribution.

I don't understand what you're saying.. are you saying they rehashed the units from WFA and used them in AA. This is Partially true but we also get a lot of new units. Like a previous user mentioned. Ranger, Infantry Mortars, Cavalry Rifleman, to name a few. I just wish they would carry over the Ranger from AA and make them a Doctrine. Similar Rangers to that of COH. I would love for them to stick those Mortars into the LT (Platoon) Building. Maybe have the Cavalry Rifleman as a Call In from a new Commander, they can come in, in a Halftrack.
30 Mar 2015, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 16:04 PMagse10

I don't understand what you're saying.. are you saying they rehashed the units from WFA and used them in AA. This is Partially true but we also get a lot of new units. Like a previous user mentioned. Ranger, Infantry Mortars, Cavalry Rifleman, to name a few. I just wish they would carry over the Ranger from AA and make them a Doctrine. Similar Rangers to that of COH. I would love for them to stick those Mortars into the LT (Platoon) Building. Maybe have the Cavalry Rifleman as a Call In from a new Commander, they can come in, in a Halftrack.

The point is that the units aren't actually new, they are just reused models called new units. You can make custom units all day using the preexisting models.

No new tanks, no new planes, no new infantry models or equipment.
30 Mar 2015, 17:18 PM

The point is that the units aren't actually new, they are just reused models called new units. You can make custom units all day using the preexisting models.

No new tanks, no new planes, no new infantry models or equipment.

What new units are you expecting exactly.
30 Mar 2015, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 17:18 PMagse10

What new units are you expecting exactly.

I don't know, a few more of the over 20 different Sherman Variants that exist. Maybe some real artillery? Who knows, maybe even another airplane to support you.
30 Mar 2015, 17:31 PM

I don't know, a few more of the over 20 different Sherman Variants that exist. Maybe some real artillery? Who knows, maybe even another airplane to support you.

I would love some useful USF artillery.
30 Mar 2015, 17:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Please wipe more squads, the faction should be based around 1 shots. Tanks, infantry, base structures, one shot em all?? I hope relic has more plans for the squad bunching like more ways we can abuse it. Or just buff 120s, scotts, b4s, isu152s, mines. AoE too small.
30 Mar 2015, 22:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 14:18 PMKatitof

That's a good question

Another good question would be:

Why are you bothering to argue with him?
30 Mar 2015, 22:28 PM

That's a good question

-Excessive amounts of free time during work.
-Arguing with stupid people provides infinite entertainment as they are so convinced they are right that they never give up under any circumstances, even if proven wrong by every other person and hard evidence repeatedly.
-I like to argue, most of the time I do it for interesting, productive discussions with mature people, sometimes arguing a challenged person is simply fun.

:megusta:
30 Mar 2015, 22:38 PM

That's a good question

Another good question would be: Why is a senior editor so unprofessional?
30 Mar 2015, 22:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just checked, I can live without your approval
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak