Login

russian armor

Dota 2

6 May 2013, 14:34 PM

Any of you guys play Dota 2? I can't be the only one.

6 May 2013, 15:36 PM

I play it almost everyday.
6 May 2013, 15:43 PM

I've got 1200 hours on the damn thing

Maybe it's finally starting to pay off, I've reached the point where I can get carried to victory. Now I can retire.

6 May 2013, 16:07 PM

I'd play it way more if it wasn't for the fact that I hate pick-up teams in MOBAs with a passion. D:
6 May 2013, 16:21 PM

This game is simply amazing. There are tons of awesome features, it's just perfect. 200hours so far, killed my world of tanks addiction ;D
6 May 2013, 16:45 PM
Senior Caster Badge

If I had way more free time and a group of people to play with I think I'd love Dota 2. Unfortunately it's one of those games that rewards as much as you can put into it, and I don't really want to devote that kind of time to a video game at this point in my life.

Valve is really great about all the little things, though - I think this game might have the best lobby/searching/replay watching/spectating/etc. system of any video game in the history of all time. And I love how they're doing the free to play thing the right way, by not tying any choices or powers to money - that's one big reason I'd never get into League of Legends.

I just wish Dota 2 were a game where the average match was 15 minutes or something (sort of like Bloodline Champions) and where you didn't need a more or less encyclopedic knowledge of item and hero builds.
7 May 2013, 06:31 AM

SEA servers seem bad recently, even though they said they'd fix it on the 26th (of april). Any knowledge when it's actually gonna be fixed? (It's really laggy for me in the Steam version of CoH also)

@Kolaris, dang, Visage, I still have problems playing him even though I'm fine with Meepo. How do you land those stuns?
7 May 2013, 07:11 AM

I have the game installed and have been watching a few streams for some time, but I have no previous MOBA experience whatsoever and that makes it hard for me to win even when playing against the AI. Also there are just so many damn characters that I have no clue who'd be a good choice to start with. I also have a very competitive mindset so I wouldn't like to jump straight to online play and have my team put up with my stupidity.
Could anyone perhaps direct me towards some basic noob-friendly guides for the game?
7 May 2013, 10:43 AM

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Here you go, I seriously recommend Skeleton King since he only has 1 targeted skill you can easily control, and his ultimate allows him to reincarnate.
8 May 2013, 03:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2013, 10:43 AMThird
http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Here you go, I seriously recommend Skeleton King since he only has 1 targeted skill you can easily control, and his ultimate allows him to reincarnate.

Thanks bud. I'll give Skeleton King a try and I hope someday I'll be good enough to grab Antimage as he just looks awesome to play.
15 May 2013, 01:34 AM

So, I'm doing extremely well in pub games online. I watch a multitude of videos and read build guides daily and usually end up carrying my team even when playing support (my teammates often ask me I'm a smurf due to the fact that I play just so much better, to give you an idea). It's a shame there are so many autoattacking noobs who refuse to buy a courier or don't know what wards are. In the end it seems that winning low-level games is luck-based rather than skill-based- you'll win if your team is comprised of less idiots than the enemy team.
Smurfing is also a real problem. Such a shame. I assume there are no smurfs at higher levels though, so I'm looking forward to leveling up.
And, of course... there's a lack of communication, and communication is something extremely vital in this game.

16 May 2013, 18:04 PM

I have more than a dozen DotA 2 steam gifts. If anyone wants one, hit me up! (as long as stocks last ;p)
16 May 2013, 19:06 PM

I have more than a dozen DotA 2 steam gifts. If anyone wants one, hit me up! (as long as stocks last ;p)

haha I got 25 till now :P
17 May 2013, 15:41 PM

Stalker, good job :D, what I've noticed in low level play is that the guy who gets fat the fastest, will almost always win even if their team sucks, and it usually doesn't matter the hero. Smurfing isn't a real problem though, the game sets your rating based off your performance in your first few games then puts you where you're supposed to be, so if you just steamroll people you're gonna rise quickly.

Oh, and don't worry too much about the noobs, just guide them and help and forgive, it'll give you commendations, and it'll help them play better (unless they are completely out of control and not accepting any help at all). It's what happened to me actually, I sucked so much the first game (only playing causually dota 1), but my friends just helped me pick a hero (they gave me Enigma, since I like microing people, and he's easier to get into than Chen/Meepo/Visage [although I'm getting onto Meepo and Visage to a lesser extent]). They told me how to last hit and deny, and ward, and how to initiate, and I've won a bunch of games for them. Don't stick to one hero though, try out others, I nearly made that mistake until I saw a Gyro use Homing Missile (which is a really good way to finish off people in low-leveled pubs) and, sorry if it sounds braggish, got the Arcana Lina drop, which set me to play Lina more. Then on I started to random, and play with a lot of other players. Occasionally you'll get a hero you totally suck with, get flamed, but it's easy to just mute them. And also, don't forget to have fun. If the enemy team has a guy who's friendly and talks to you (tease-type, but not insulting) like if a Crystal Maiden kills you as Lina: "Hahaha Lina, Ice IS Nice", you should reply back in a friendly way. It's sad to say a lot of people just say "stfu noob" when it just kills the game, I mean, who wouldn't say in all chat a line from your hero when you do something awesome? It adds spice to the game. Ex: Enigma when capturing all 5 heroes: "Light cannot escape me, what hope have you?" and Zeus with a rampage: "You can't run from heaven!" and a blind hook kill with Pudge: "Fresh Meat!" It's what makes the game interesting even more.

Well, glhf with Dota 2
22 Jul 2013, 21:38 PM

1.3k hours here.

177 games played of Lone Druid and won 62% of them. If u want to play together my steam is Vladimir Rootin.

I haven't played much since the 6.78 patch though (armlet nerf). I play on the US servers which are plaqued with Peruvians and Russians making the experience trash the majority of the time. If you don't get a few Peruvians or Russians on your team, you get the less than 150 wins guy who thinks he's Dendi.
22 Jul 2013, 21:49 PM

Thanks bud. I'll give Skeleton King a try and I hope someday I'll be good enough to grab Antimage as he just looks awesome to play.

Anti-mage is in my opinion the easiest hero to play. If you put levels into his Q, you do a lot of damage to int heroes. You have an ability that allows you to escape some skills, and auto attacks.

Skeleton king needs a lot of farm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS