Login

russian armor

(2-4) Face off (WIP)

1 Feb 2015, 16:26 PM

Map Name: Second Contact

Category: 1vs1, 2vs2

I'm going to add some more info in the future.

Steam Workshop Link: (coming soon)

The map is still WIP, so feedback is welcome.

2 Feb 2015, 13:40 PM

That is some really nice detailing on those bottom screenshots. Is the over head an older screen? I don't see where the locations of the bottom screenshots are on it...

Do you have a territory map?

Good work so far.
2 Feb 2015, 13:49 PM

Seems to be coming along quite nicely, as Srinidhalaya mentioned, you have a good eye for detail.

That is some really nice detailing on those bottom screenshots. Is the over head an older screen? I don't see where the locations of the bottom screenshots are on it...

Good work so far.

Out of curiosity I wonder how big have you made your inactivity area? 32m is pretty much the standard distance used to give a map a sense of belonging to a larger area of terrain. It also adds a little depth to the actual location chosen.

Looking forward to seeing some more work on it. :D
2 Feb 2015, 17:42 PM

Is the over head an older screen? I don't see where the locations of the bottom screenshots are on it...

Yeah, the overview is a couple of hours older.
Here is a new overview.

Not yet, but I have plan. To make it more interesting i want t seperate each teams bases, so they can be cut off. Don't know if this is a great idea, but i will test it in the future.

Seems to be coming along quite nicely, as Srinidhalaya mentioned, you have a good eye for detail.

Thanks ;) I'm not new to the Worldbuilder and I always try to learn new stuff.

Out of curiosity I wonder how big have you made your inactivity area? 32m is pretty much the standard distance used to give a map a sense of belonging to a larger area of terrain. It also adds a little depth to the actual location chosen.

I had problems with the inactivity area before (too small). I don't know if this is enough terrain between playable area and the and of the map.

Looking forward to seeing some more work on it. :D

Thank you for your feedback. I hope I can keep you interested and "reach new heights" with your help.
3 Feb 2015, 10:50 AM
Patrion 14

how many river crossings are you planning for?
3 Feb 2015, 12:02 PM

Currently, there are 3 river crossings, but im not sure if i'll keep it that way. Maybe I'll add a bridge. I have to see how it affects the gameplay.
3 Feb 2015, 12:15 PM

another map which gets river crossings with red cover.

its always the same shit and every team got his piece of land.

Maybe just delete the river.
3 Feb 2015, 13:32 PM

SturmTiger speaks a bit of truth. There are a lot of maps with rivers. There are also a lot of maps with small towns, train tracks, and rural farms. I would keep on with what you have going. You have an idea already of what to do, keep riding that thought out till finished. Keep SturmTiger's advice in mind for the next map. Use this map to learn the worldbuilder, techniques, workflow, and presentation. Get this map to atleast 90% or above (playable, every sector detailed and balanced) before starting your next project.
3 Feb 2015, 14:43 PM

Yeah, you guys have a better overview of the released and shown maps here in the forum, but like I said, I'm not sure if the map stays this way. I know the problem that every encounter could happen EXACTLY in the middle of the map, because its such an small area and a river crossing might not be best solution for this problem. Since this map is totally fictional, I can change things, so the gameplay can be easily optimized. I'll try to keep you guys up to date and use your feedback as much as possible. It's always difficult to make a map that looks natural, believable and makes fun to play at the same time.

Keep the feedback coming ;)
4 Feb 2015, 14:09 PM
Patrion 14

yea... having only 3 narrow ways between two sets of land isn't good imo. i know it can be changed, but i am just saying.

but...., most ppl who try maps in workshops probably don't care anyway. many want chokepoint meat grinder, build up your army to the max etc etc styles of gameplay.

(i remember playing SC a long time ago against a computer and all i did was go terran, build aa defenses and siege tanks across the middle of the map and just build a shit ton of unit and just cock charge the cpu.)

so it is really about what style of plays you want to cater to.
4 Feb 2015, 16:48 PM

Mr. Soup has a very strong point...and to add to his thought...
While competitive play style and balance always appears to be the most demand, the fact is, most of the competitive players don't play custom games to begin with. That being said, the majority of custom game's, are usually playing something that somebody they know, made. The point? Make lots of friends. :P
4 Feb 2015, 17:40 PM

Oh jesus christ guys.... decisions, decisions. You are not making it easier for me :D I dont care how many people play my map, actually I want to make a good one. Thats the interesting and challenging part, I think.
4 Feb 2015, 21:20 PM

What is considered good, is in the eye of the beholder. I would suggest keep going the path you have chosen. Maybe instead of 3 crossing, make it 5, and make the crossing wider to accompany more troops, but less distance from shore to shore. You will get good experience working with river bank details...ect. The hardest part, is not getting distracted and losing your original vision. There is always room for improvement, but don't get lost in change.
14 Feb 2015, 18:35 PM

Hey guys,
it's been some time since my last update. Today I want to share some screenshots with you.

As you can see I've changed the lake a little bit. Units should be able to cross most parts of the water now (might change). I'm currently working on the left side of the map, where most part of the forest will be. The right side will be fields.

Each teams starting point will be divided, so you can actually cut off both players of the enemy team. The problem is: I don't know if its actually going to affect the gameplay like i want it to (more teamplay). I might change the small sea in bottom left corner. :S so much stuff that is going to change. I think the final version will be totally different than the actual idea.

Opinions? Feedback?

15 Feb 2015, 04:28 AM
Patrion 14

First of all, those details look awesome. and i think it is good to have more crossing points.

I personally do not like separated base between teammates because you can't share medics(bunkers/trucks). But that's anout it. It's not like the bases are miles apart unlike in some relic's maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★