Login

russian armor

Making ram useful again

1 Feb 2015, 17:00 PM

I think Ram should just deal equal damage to both tanks and stun both tanks for an equal amount of time. Nice and simple.

This is EXACTLY what I was about to Post.

If its not going to critical the gun or destroy the target it shouldnt destroy the engine/gun of the T34. It can be like Target Weakpoint for a T34.
1 Feb 2015, 22:29 PM

I think they should just remove it because it's a dumb ability and give the T34 something more unique and interesting. For example, give them the ability to have infantry ride them.
1 Feb 2015, 22:39 PM

I think they should just remove it because it's a dumb ability and give the T34 something more unique and interesting. For example, give them the ability to have infantry ride them.

That would help how and with what?
1 Feb 2015, 23:58 PM

That would help how and with what?
Infantry squads being able to ride t34's would help by: allowing you to have to micro less when using combined arms tactics, allowing you to move infantry around the map faster, ect.

It would also be a unique interesting thing, as well as quite useful.
2 Feb 2015, 00:00 AM

Infantry squads being able to ride t34's would help by: allowing you to have to micro less when using combined arms tactics, allowing you to move infantry around the map faster, ect.

It would also be a unique interesting thing, as well as quite useful.

Flavour wise, it would be awesome.
There's been moments as well when I've wished I had some way of allowing my infantry to remain with my tanks.
2 Feb 2015, 13:08 PM

I've used ram in team games to good effect. for example, a panther comes into contact with my t34, I ram it and a jackson finishes off the now engine-damaged panther.
2 Feb 2015, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 13:08 PMakula
I've used ram in team games to good effect. for example, a panther comes into contact with my t34, I ram it and a jackson finishes off the now engine-damaged panther.

I do the same with 1 conscript and 25 muni.
Don't like 320/100 AT nades, I think they cost tad too much for my liking.
2 Feb 2015, 13:25 PM

in response to the title:
2 Feb 2015, 17:35 PM

I do the same with 1 conscript and 25 muni.
Don't like 320/100 AT nades, I think they cost tad too much for my liking.

It's easier to ram than AT nade
The ram can be done when the tank is about to die anyways
2 Feb 2015, 17:54 PM

Im glad this one ability was nerfed hard. Its a stupid mechanic, disabling the engines of tanks so it only works on its auxillary engine. Yeah I know that sounded stupid but how do you pinpoint target an engine in order for it to only function at 15 percent instead of being destroyed.Or ram a tank and reduce function of its engine. Consistently and reliably?. The engine damage thing was always a bad mechanic even from coh1 and I rather see it choke and die.
2 Feb 2015, 19:14 PM
Donator 11

Ram is usesless. half the time it only stuns while u loose the most useless tank in the game. The t-34 is a better bulldozer than a tank and the ram is pointless. You loose the engine and the main gun for a stun
2 Feb 2015, 20:21 PM
Patrion 14

Ram is meh, it's currently last ditch ability only, Relic wanted to achieve that and they succeeded. It's basically a 100 fuel AT nade.

Unless you ram relatively near the Allied base you will never repair your tank before it's destroyed. For something that basically kamikazes your tank the ability is extremely underwhelming. There is no tactical depth to ram, no reason to use it if your tank is near full health (unless a Panther overstretches and you catch it from behind and you have something to follow up on the attack etc. etc.).

Similarly, there is no reason to NOT use it if your tank is one shot away from dying and is within ramming range of Axis heavies. But the awkward rotation / min range issues limit its window of use even then.

Meanwhile German armour gets blitzkrieg and doctrinal smoke and target weak point (Stug) and bunker busting barrage.

What do Soviet tanks get? Ram and secure mode. And the SUs get tracking, which has been nerfed to the point it is insulting when you compare it to Target Weak Point.
2 Feb 2015, 20:34 PM
Donator 11

Ram is meh, it's currently last ditch ability only, Relic wanted to achieve that and they succeeded. It's basically a 100 fuel AT nade.

Unless you ram relatively near the Allied base you will never repair your tank before it's destroyed. For something that basically kamikazes your tank the ability is extremely underwhelming. There is no tactical depth to ram, no reason to use it if your tank is near full health (unless a Panther overstretches and you catch it from behind and you have something to follow up on the attack etc. etc.).

Similarly, there is no reason to NOT use it if your tank is one shot away from dying and is within ramming range of Axis heavies. But the awkward rotation / min range issues limit its window of use even then.

Meanwhile German armour gets blitzkrieg and doctrinal smoke and target weak point (Stug) and bunker busting barrage.

What do Soviet tanks get? Ram and secure mode. And the SUs get tracking, which has been nerfed to the point it is insulting when you compare it to Target Weak Point.

Lol seems fair. Allies need 2 learn 2 play better :snfCHVGame:
6 Feb 2015, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 17:35 PMakula
The ram can be done when the tank is about to die anyways

It's the only time to do it, isn't it? I would never throw away a full health tank on ram.
6 Feb 2015, 14:33 PM

Ramming is well balanced dont need any changes.. if you want guaranteed engine crits you need to ram from side or behind..its the game winning tactic while using industry ... make 5-6 T34s but dont reveal it untill you get all of them and rush him this is pretty hard to deal with in 3v3 and 4v4s
6 Feb 2015, 14:53 PM

It never stops to amaze me to see after 2 years that there are still people who for some reason believe that side armor exists.
6 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM

T34-76
vet0 --> slightly buffed ram
vet1 --> replace ram with flanking speed (a la m10)
85-edition should have something else instead
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS