Kappatch 2

PAGES (13)down
1 Feb 2015, 17:57 PM

how to use this mod? i downloaded it, but it only gave me Kappatch 1
1 Feb 2015, 18:04 PM

Made a small update with the new volk test:

Added a T1 building check to grenadier rifle grenade ability
Increased PG smoke cost to 20 to match changelog
Made OKW HQ props (sandbag, generator etc) all passable so your units don't get stuck on them anymore.
Removed 1 second lifetime limit from fusilier at nade, kinda silly for it to be the only one to constantly go poof in midair due to it.
Fixed soviet tech discount

Reverted volk & sturm situation. Volks now have 90 muni upgrade (as before) for one schrek which changes them to a tank hunter squad. This increases their reinforce cost by 4mp/model and decreases veterancy gain by 30%. Tank Hunters can buy an additional shrek for 50 munitions (not rebuyable for now). Volk schrek aim time for long and medium distance increased so you can potentially avoid getting fired at. Reload time decreased to compensate. AOE halved so it's not an anti-inf upgrade.

I guess this is still blobbable, but atleast the upgrade now has a clear negative effect for an individual squad in combat.
1 Feb 2015, 18:09 PM

Not sure if adding another Schreck per volkssquad will really fix the schreckblobbing…
1 Feb 2015, 18:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

For people that want to find others to play with/against, you can use the COH2.ORG mumble server. Also, if you join the COH2.ORG Steam group, it will appear as chat room in the COH2 in-game chat. That's an easy way to link up.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coh2org
http://www.coh2.org/topic/4744/coh2.org-mumble
1 Feb 2015, 18:23 PM

Not sure if adding another Schreck per volkssquad will really fix the schreckblobbing…

I know, I'm mostly just trying to give the blob some reasonable negatives rather than remove it now that I've concluded that without adding a new unit, the OKW infantry situation doesn't really lend itself to changing this particular aspect. Atleast with this approach I can just add in more negative side effects to the upgrade until it seems the performance-to-blobberino ratio is reasonable.
1 Feb 2015, 18:49 PM

For people that want to find others to play with/against, you can use the COH2.ORG mumble server. Also, if you join the COH2.ORG Steam group, it will appear as chat room in the COH2 in-game chat. That's an easy way to link up.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coh2org
http://www.coh2.org/topic/4744/coh2.org-mumble

Computerheat I ask you to create as sticked topic that has relation to Kappatch.

Wher you explane people as a guide using step by step instructions what to do. Because I blieve there are a lot of people like me who has no idea how to do it, where download it and so on. But would like to play Kapatch.

For example I've tryed to join to steam groupe using your links but it says me Install Steam , but I am already there.

So make all the work for them so they could join it easly. And this Topic should be always on the main page with Kapatch because there is a nature of all people to forget something and be too lazy to find.

Same for the MUMBLE

Thank you in advance.
1 Feb 2015, 18:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

this should probably be in the mods section.
1 Feb 2015, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2015, 18:23 PMCruzz

I know, I'm mostly just trying to give the blob some reasonable negatives rather than remove it now that I've concluded that without adding a new unit, the OKW infantry situation doesn't really lend itself to changing this particular aspect. Atleast with this approach I can just add in more negative side effects to the upgrade until it seems the performance-to-blobberino ratio is reasonable.

Fair enough, alltough i liked the idea of adding the schrecks to the pios, but that's probably just because i have a hard on for sturmpios.
1 Feb 2015, 21:26 PM

OKW biggest design flaw was no good AT gun.They should have had the best AT gun,instead had the worst.Balancing this is automatically difficult now.
1 Feb 2015, 22:19 PM
Donator 33

OKW biggest design flaw was no good AT gun.They should have had the best AT gun,instead had the worst.Balancing this is automatically difficult now.

The Raketenwerfer is not that bad IMO, OKW just has nothing to stop vehicles from rushing it (AT nades, Pzfausts) which makes it more vulnerable compared to other ATGs.

I really think if OKW had Pzfausts, the Raketenwerfer would perform noticeably better.

It would probably still be oneshotted quite often though. What if the crew got green cover like other AT gun crews?
1 Feb 2015, 22:41 PM

Permanently Banned

The Raketenwerfer is not that bad IMO, OKW just has nothing to stop vehicles from rushing it (AT nades, Pzfausts) which makes it more vulnerable compared to other ATGs.

I really think if OKW had Pzfausts, the Raketenwerfer would perform noticeably better.

It would probably still be oneshotted quite often though. What if the crew got green cover like other AT gun crews?

It has amazing fire rate, rnage, and a huge cone of fire when in a building.

but when its not, its has a long aim time.

I say. buff its aimtime Damage is fine
1 Feb 2015, 23:35 PM

You dont wanna use rakketens as main AT cos they will over extend or get rushed, but in a building they provide brilliant protection for a Jagpanzer, a vehicle which people avoid building for similar reasons.

I love this combo though, and both being tier 1, you have really nice AT way before youd have a panther.

2 Feb 2015, 00:20 AM

Anyone who wishes to try this out against a die-hard Soviet fanboy who's really interested in these new changes, add me on Steam. Same name as on here. :)
2 Feb 2015, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2015, 13:12 PMCruzz
Probably too radical to make them as good as rifles, it'll look weird that conscript ppsh do stuff at range while shocks don't, but they could still be improved somewhat at mid range.

Don't really like this, and don't think it would actually benefit the PIV in either of these engagements (it would help against IS2 though, because there the PIV armor is already meaningless). Overall I'd consider any change that trades armor for penetration a nerf for the PIV right now.

For clarification, I meant the squad's own KAR / Mosin rifles, not rifles as in Riflemen. At long range the squad would have default DPS, with the SMG's only providing their bonus at close range.

As for the PIV, the idea is that it would make the allied stock options useful against it, while also making it more useful against stronger tanks which would have always penetrated anyway.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2015, 18:04 PMCruzz
Reverted volk & sturm situation. Volks now have 90 muni upgrade (as before) for one schrek which changes them to a tank hunter squad. This increases their reinforce cost by 4mp/model and decreases veterancy gain by 30%. Tank Hunters can buy an additional shrek for 50 munitions (not rebuyable for now). Volk schrek aim time for long and medium distance increased so you can potentially avoid getting fired at. Reload time decreased to compensate. AOE halved so it's not an anti-inf upgrade.

While I like the Volk model returning, I really hate to see the SMG upgrade go, it gave them a purpose other than "AT Meat Blob" and felt way more authentic (not that you care about authenticity) . How about an "Assault Package" that gives them the MP 40's and changes their model to Grenadiers? (is that even possible?) MP 40 Volks were my favourite part of the mod, it's really a shame to see them go. :(

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2015, 18:51 PMWiFiDi
this should probably be in the mods section.

Nobody would ever see it there :P
2 Feb 2015, 00:24 AM

RELIC FLY THIS MAN OVER TO VANCOUVER, GIVE HIM A PLACE TO STAY AND PAY HIM A WAGE

IT'S YOUR ONLY HOPE!!!!!!!
2 Feb 2015, 00:42 AM

While I like the Volk model returning, I really hate to see the SMG upgrade go, it gave them a purpose other than "AT Meat Blob" and felt way more authentic (not that you care about authenticity) . How about an "Assault Package" that gives them the MP 40's and changes their model to Grenadiers? (is that even possible?) MP 40 Volks were my favourite part of the mod, it's really a shame to see them go. :(

There's no way to change models on the fly. You can add models to a squad but you can't remove or change old ones. It's unfortunate, have to keep the squad models as grenadiers or PGs to even offer the MP40 choice.

And the PIV has a decent chance of deflecting even the EZ8...

2 Feb 2015, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 00:42 AMCruzz
There's no way to change models on the fly. You can add models to a squad but you can't remove or change old ones. It's unfortunate, have to keep the squad models as grenadiers or PGs to even offer the MP40 choice.

Ah, that's a shame. I'd say to switch the Volk and Grenadier, but then the Volk probably doesn't have a proper Rifle Grenade animation either... The MP 40 Volks with Panzer IV Ausf. J's were the most fun I've ever had with OKW though, so I'm just a bit sad to them reverted to being the old AT Sponges.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 00:42 AMCruzz
And the PIV has a decent chance of deflecting even the EZ8...

I just think the PIV's main gun could be better, lesser armour was a trade-off to not make it over-perform. As much as I love the Panzer IV, it's not too useful as of late because call-ins nullify them too easily. Yet at the same time, stock tanks struggle against them unless they get good RNG. I was trying to hit 2 birds with one stone with my suggestion.

For the most extreme example, At mid range, PIV vs E8, deflection chance is 8% for Easy Eight shooting Panzer IV (29% if Vet 2), and 49% for Panzer IV shooting Easy Eight. I understand there's a cost difference, but the fight is far too lopsided and promotes heavy tank play. M36 and Easy Eight are a death sentence for Ostheer T3, hands down.

Oh and unrelated, but someone suggested vehicles take 25% more damage from rear hits, what do you think?
2 Feb 2015, 03:29 AM

I just finished to watching a 3vs3, cpu vs cpu match with the patch, it was 2 US +1 Sov vs 2 Okw +1 Ost. Match last 55 mins and was won by the Axis 149-0. (To setup this, i create a 4vs3 where i did nothing but watch)

The greatest scorer for Allies was the Sov with 42000 followed by the 2 US with around 35000 each.

The greatest scorer for Axis was the OST with 52000 followed by the 2 OKW with around 39000 each.

It wasn't a crush as the allies was still going strong but lack the time.

The only thing strange was the Us building too many M2 mortars... A part of that the balance seem closer that without the patch.

In all case it was fun to watch.
i will try to simulate a few more match and report.

Thanks for you effort Cruzz !

PS: i hope some pros will test it in all game formats and cast it for us to see.
2 Feb 2015, 03:35 AM

i cant find vet4-5 being removed in the changelog O.o
2 Feb 2015, 06:43 AM

You dont wanna use rakketens as main AT cos they will over extend or get rushed, but in a building they provide brilliant protection for a Jagpanzer, a vehicle which people avoid building for similar reasons.

I love this combo though, and both being tier 1, you have really nice AT way before youd have a panther.

Are we playing the same game? Because as far as I remember raketen is the only AT gun that have "retreat" ability, so even if you overextend you can return to safety (if used in time).

The main problem with raketens is aim time and absence of vehicle snares, which were fixed in this mod.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS