Login

russian armor

Should cons get a (doctrinal) LMG upgrade?

Should cons get a (doctrinal) LMG upgrade?
Yes, global LMG upgradeYes, doctrinal LMG upgradeNo way, I want to win with attack move
Option Distribution Votes
50%
21%
29%
Total votes: 28 (Locked)
30 Jan 2015, 22:57 PM
Donator 11

It feels like cons need a buff to their long range capabilities to counter long range axis infantry, maybe at least a doctrinal LMG upgrade
30 Jan 2015, 23:21 PM
Patrion 28

they're a short ranged squad; giving them a long ranged option, particularly one that requires them to be stationary, isn't going to help much.
30 Jan 2015, 23:23 PM

Way to post a poll.
And no, even if the answer is extremely biased because its a whine thread.
30 Jan 2015, 23:44 PM
Donator 11

they're a short ranged squad; giving them a long ranged option, particularly one that requires them to be stationary, isn't going to help much.

Cons picking up a LMG is better than picking up a shrek

Currently cons have no late game value besides capping, given a LMG they will fight on even late game

30 Jan 2015, 23:46 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2015, 23:23 PMKatitof
Way to post a poll.
And no, even if the answer is extremely biased because its a whine thread.

Everything is biased in the west as it came up during this conflict with Russia about Ukraine
30 Jan 2015, 23:56 PM

What is it with people on this forum being completely unable to make a poll that isn't total shit?

Perhaps mods should start disabling polls that don't provide proper answers.
31 Jan 2015, 00:23 AM
Patrion 28

Cons picking up a LMG is better than picking up a shrek

Currently cons have no late game value besides capping, given a LMG they will fight on even late game

eh, in general i would argue that the schreck is the better pickup but that has nothing to do with cons anti-infantry effectiveness.

i agree that they're generally lackluster late game but i don't think an LMG is a good solution to that. giving penals an LMG to the exclusion of their flamer purchase would be interesting though.
31 Jan 2015, 00:31 AM

My biggest gripe with Coh 2 aside from the terrible unit pathing is the lack of upgrades for units. Concripts should be able to upgrade to PPSH later on in the game.
31 Jan 2015, 00:42 AM

@OP: You do realise that this sort of "poll" is beyond infantile? I mean, do you seriously think you are gonna change anyones mind with this puerile passive-aggressive bullshit?

Cons should not be able to counter "long-range" Axis infantry, at least not when fighting at long range. After all, they usually defeat regular German infantry (Grens, Volks) at short-medium ranges already, and hoorah enables them to close the distance quickly.
That said, I agree that Cons don't quite scale as well as they should, and I've argued in the past that a non-doc vet 3 LMG DP upgrade would actually go a long way in increasing their lategame viability, but that would necessitate a plethora of additional changes, including increasing their upkeep (its not like conspam is already en vogue) and addressing the call-in meta.
31 Jan 2015, 00:51 AM

Con's could be able to upgrade single DP-28(40~45 munition) after soviet build T3 or T4, inventing resources into expensive teching will limits the con-spam and call-in meta.

I think ppl keep asking for con's global upgrade for years, hope the new ballance team will actually make the game more diversity and fun.
31 Jan 2015, 11:59 AM
Donator 11

I think the poll is fine, the point is there and a portion of reality reflecting irony where OST player attack move wins engagements, no micro involved, no brain involved while SU player has to perfectly micro cons and flank
31 Jan 2015, 12:02 PM
Donator 11

@OP: You do realise that this sort of "poll" is beyond infantile? I mean, do you seriously think you are gonna change anyones mind with this puerile passive-aggressive bullshit?

Cons should not be able to counter "long-range" Axis infantry, at least not when fighting at long range. After all, they usually defeat regular German infantry (Grens, Volks) at short-medium ranges already, and hoorah enables them to close the distance quickly.
That said, I agree that Cons don't quite scale as well as they should, and I've argued in the past that a non-doc vet 3 LMG DP upgrade would actually go a long way in increasing their lategame viability, but that would necessitate a plethora of additional changes, including increasing their upkeep (its not like conspam is already en vogue) and addressing the call-in meta.

Its just a bad design solution from Relic.

All rifles should be long range, SMGs short range and Assault rifles medium range

Mosin rifle being a medium and close range weapon is absurd
31 Jan 2015, 12:10 PM

I´ll quote myself from another poll-thread of yours before this one gets locked too.

Only weird possibilities to vote for? Cmon pussyking, you can do that better.;)

31 Jan 2015, 19:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

this is a disgusting poll. >:( i am very offended by it and refuse to vote in it or let anyone else vote in it.

because I'm a pollnazi :nahnah:
1 Feb 2015, 06:37 AM
Patrion 28

EDIT: nope :{ in after poll lock. feel free to delete.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment