Login

russian armor

(2-4) Duclair

27 Jan 2015, 12:20 PM

(2-4) Duclair
Originally created for CoH1 by OnkelSam

Today welcomes the return of Duclair, one of OnkelSam's most successful maps from CoH1, a well balanced map and a favourite of many Company of Heroes veterans. Though originally a fantastic map a small list of changes had to be made when porting it over to CoH2. All outdated models have been updated, slight changes have been made to the atmoshpere, the territories have had a large overhaul to fit CoH2's capture system and resource changes. The rest of the map I have tried to keep as original as possible so as not to tarnish its originality. Though I am welcome to all suggestions for improvements.

The layout itself remains the same as the original, though I have made minor changes to the amount of territories and the locations of resources. The fuel points are pushed to the exterior corners of the map and the munitions have been placed near the central VP to allow for some good tactical maneuvers. Flanking is a big thing on Duclair as it is almost impossible to hold such a wide frontline, even between two players there is a lot of territory to cover.

Workshop Link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377719922

Special thanks goes out to the creator of Duclair our beloved OnkelSam, and also to Janne, MonolithicBacon, VonKluge, Sarantini, StephennJF, WiFiDi, pigsoup and Srinidhalaya for helping with playtesting and helping this project get off the ground.

Screenshots

Happy Gaming,

Mirage357.
27 Jan 2015, 12:31 PM
Donator 11

Incredible map.

I would like to see Duclair in auto but it will be impossible :facepalm:
27 Jan 2015, 13:04 PM

Nice!
27 Jan 2015, 15:01 PM

Was this map made from scratch, or did you port it over from vCoH and edit accordingly?
27 Jan 2015, 15:12 PM

It was ported over. I thought I wrote that somewhere in the first post...
27 Jan 2015, 15:20 PM

Porting maps directly from vCoH is not really a good idea. I'll check it out, though, as the original map was obviously very good. Good effort.
27 Jan 2015, 23:40 PM
Patrion 14

finally finished! nice work and i like the map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★