Login

russian armor

Kholodny Ferma... Unbalanced as ****

26 Jan 2015, 21:57 PM

Permanently Banned
So played against an opponent who was definitely not as good as me, yet he had the top (left or northern, however you want to portray it) spawn. He was an OKW player, he made a kubel, parked his flak truck and that medic truck on the point between both north vp's bunkered down with bunkers and mine fields and GG

You can't do nothing against that, he made swarms of panzerschreck volks and whatever I did, I could not brake through those defenses. Used 2 kv1s 2 t34s and 2 at guns during the entire game, I just couldn't fight that strongpoint.

Now one might say, fight somewhere else, the point is 2 of the 3 vp's are just a stonethrow away from that center point. He can dominate the point he chooses. Eventually he got 2 panthers and I knew it was the end.

How do I know he wasn't as good as me, he let units sit idle around the map, ready for me to chuck down to 1 man before eventually retreating them. I needed every unit to try and dislodge him from his most favorite part of the freaking map, his little hub of safety and filthyness..

This map is garbage

And it goes both ways, I have had situations where an american or an ostheer or an soviet player just bunkered down that area and won without much of an effort.

Let us not speak of Kharkov, hurgten forest or the once fail hardy pripyat river, they suck just as hard
26 Jan 2015, 22:03 PM

KF winter or Summer? And sounds like you got beat by you doctine choice. Soviets can put a better hurting on this game play than USF can thats for sure.

I always veto KF winter. I can only say one good thing about that map:

It isnt Camping in the Woods. :foreveralone:
26 Jan 2015, 22:14 PM

Permanently Banned
KF winter, veto it, still get to play it <444>3 RELIC

Doctrine can matter a bit, but not much. On the south you are more entitled to a loss by relics balance of that map.

Could have used a katty (which is pretty slow in its response), but then again the point is that map is unbalanced for the southern spawn. Northern spawn has far more options to bunker down that one point, cease control of both northern vp's and you are done for.

Unless you put an heavenly amount of manpower, fuel and munitions in it and he makes an mistake you can get him out of there, if not you will lose. The player that has that position doesn't even have to try hard
26 Jan 2015, 22:20 PM

KF winter, veto it, still get to play it <444>3 RELIC

Doctrine can matter a bit, but not much. On the south you are more entitled to a loss by relics balance of that map.

Could have used a katty (which is pretty slow in its response), but then again the point is that map is unbalanced for the southern spawn. Northern spawn has far more options to bunker down that one point, cease control of both northern vp's and you are done for.

Unless you put an heavenly amount of manpower, fuel and munitions in it and he makes an mistake you can get him out of there, if not you will lose. The player that has that position doesn't even have to try hard

Howitzer wrecks it though. I agree about KF winter though. There is no balance to that map. Single Muni point right by a house near the northern spawn, two VPs in the north on a slow moving snow map. No thanks.

I am sure if you were a top player though it wouldnt be a problem for you. They never seem to struggle with the Turtle. As Soviets I always did.
26 Jan 2015, 22:24 PM

Permanently Banned

Howitzer wrecks it though. I agree about KF winter though. There is no balance to that map. Single Muni point right by a house near the northern spawn, two VPs in the north on a slow moving snow map. No thanks.

I am sure if you were a top player though it wouldnt be a problem for you. They never seem to struggle with the Turtle. As Soviets I always did.

Don't know, have seen some streamers who are far more expert then me struggle with that map as well. It is just pure rubbish
27 Jan 2015, 06:47 AM

what. That the first time i heard Kholodny ferma favor axis.

Thou the map favors the left handside position and most of the combat will be at north fuel/muni point.

Guards rifle and shockrifle are the best doctrain for it

The key for allies early game is winning the top fuel/muni point either by garrison squads in the house.

27 Jan 2015, 07:28 AM

Kholodny winter is atrocious. Absolute shit.
28 Jan 2015, 08:14 AM

It's not only Kholodny.
Cut offs on some maps are really painful and unfair.
Cut off for south spawn on Road to Kharkov - completly empty of anything while north spawn has building and stone walls.

Same for Kholodny, south spawn has really bad cut off when com[are to north.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★