Login

russian armor

Scouting and flanking gameplay must return into the game !

26 Jan 2015, 23:03 PM

Oh, instant suppress and killing a few models you say? If it would be implemented I see HMG spam is viable strategy in 4v4 as maps are so small that you can plug all holes with HMG and slowly push opponent to their base.

What happen if you do the same (i mean you also garrison HMG) ? and then you build snipers or mortars to counter his HMG ? Who will be pushed ?

Thanks.
26 Jan 2015, 23:08 PM

First of all, stop arguing on Rifles and bars or COHO vs COH. I think he meant Obers and Paras. But are game breaking, at least paras are doctrinal and they need an upgrade.

There has already been a buttload of threads about the blobbing problem, but IMO MG tweaks are needed for all factions.

27 Jan 2015, 00:00 AM
Patrion 15

what is the obsession of some users of this forum with the so called "blob"?
i have read lots of posts complaining about them yet i really have no idea, what people are talking about as i rarely encounter them.

i mean i play about 7 hours per week 1v1 ladder games vs opponents that are usually ranked somewhere between 100 - 1500. on top of that i enjoy watching streams of more skilled players and tournements.

i have not yet seen or noticed the supposedly unstoppable blobs.

am i the only one?

what is a blob anyway. i remember the days of piospam in coh1. those where blobs!
at times it was a good idea to group 6-10 squads op pioneers and move them as one tactical body.

it actually had benefits to create a blob like that back then, because not only did it save you clicks and micro, but it had the advantage that it was very hard for the opponent to target individual weak sqauds within that group.

from the way i see things there is no blobbing as a strategy in coh2 as there are no benefits of clumping up units in coh2.

to move around multiple squads together and not spread them out only has negative consequences as it makes the player who does that vulnerable to tank shells, strafing runs, mg suppression, mortar rounds, flames, mines, grenades etc etc etc.

on the other hand i would be very caucious with suggestions to buff mgs because my experience from recent patches is that strong mgs are the cause of stale and frustrating gameplay.

27 Jan 2015, 00:03 AM
Benefactor 115

I agree in principle! Blobs can be frustrating to deal with.

I think HMG's need to do a better job at suppressing infantry; whether that's a modifier based on the number of infantry in the cone, or a general suppression buff, or something else, I don't know.

I think mine sweeping is in an ok place (not talking demos), but I would not be opposed to a change. I've not heard anyone complain about it before. I understand your point that a blob can easily bypass one of the things that should punish a it. I speculate that if there were more effective tools to deal with the blobs that you would be tolerant of the sweeping mechanism as is.
27 Jan 2015, 00:08 AM

One thing that might help would be to remove the 25% received accuracy penalty MGs and other setup teams have. That penalty was added before the small arms lethality changes to make flanks more effective. With the increased lethality of small arms it isn't necessary anymore. The American M2 MG mistakenly had a +25% accuracy modifier instead of a 25% received accuracy modifier and players didn't even notice until Cruzz found the mistake in the code. Now that the mistake has been fixed we hardly see the M2 anymore.
27 Jan 2015, 00:25 AM

What happen if you do the same (i mean you also garrison HMG) ? and then you build snipers or mortars to counter his HMG ? Who will be pushed ?

Thanks.

Then you wouldn't do anything with your infantry units without heavy use of smoke screens. Basically you can't go anywhere. There is just no point of building anything except HMG and counters to HMGs.
27 Jan 2015, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 00:08 AMCabreza
One thing that might help would be to remove the 25% received accuracy penalty MGs and other setup teams have. That penalty was added before the small arms lethality changes to make flanks more effective. With the increased lethality of small arms it isn't necessary anymore. The American M2 MG mistakenly had a +25% accuracy modifier instead of a 25% received accuracy modifier and players didn't even notice until Cruzz found the mistake in the code. Now that the mistake has been fixed we hardly see the M2 anymore.

This. The 4 man HMGs don't need more suppression, they just need to be able to stay on the field long enough to actually deal their suppression.
27 Jan 2015, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 00:27 AMEnkidu

This. The 4 man HMGs don't need more suppression, they just need to be able to stay on the field long enough to actually deal their suppression.

And... and they need better burst mechanics. Sometimes the first burst duration and the pause between burst is not enough to suppress infantry so the can easily take the MG or your supporting unit down.
27 Jan 2015, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 01:30 AMRMMLz

And... and they need better burst mechanics. Sometimes the first burst duration and the pause between burst is not enough to suppress infantry so the can easily take the MG or your supporting unit down.

Yeah, true. An automatic and instant reload for hmgs that have been out of combat for 5-10 seconds would be great. Reloading is a mechanic that helps keep MGs balanced in fire fights but having them always start a fight with a full belt would help reduce those "wtf, why aren't you shooting" moments by a lot.
27 Jan 2015, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 17:11 PMCruzz

So popular it got canned due to not bringing in any money from the users, even with nearly zero development costs (a couple new menu screens, some new server code, and rearranged command trees). A high standard to try to achieve :foreveralone:

Allies would never win a game again if lone machineguns could stop 5 infantry units charging them.

Playing against mine spam is already boring for all parties involved, slowing down sweeping would make it twice as bad.

It got canned 1 or 2 months after having implemented the micro transaction system with really few option in it. And honestly looking at how Relic implement stuff and how they support it. The failure wasn't coming from a lack of player enthusiasm to spend their money...
The game was doomed before they implemented money transaction, and the worst it that they knew it and still implemented it to suck as much money as they could from their playerbase. Erk, You make me remember that just know, it is not going to improve my vision of Relic. Disgusting company...

Now about Gren/MG42 synergy. It all comes from they stupid early design.
Sov = assault infantry that need to close the range to deal damage
Ostheer = LMG faction that need to keep the range to deal damage

USF comes with WFA = mid range faction murdering grenadiers early game :D
27 Jan 2015, 22:28 PM

I think i found a better way to handle mines detecting & sweeping:

For detecting:
The detection radius of any minesweeper unit should be equal to 150 % the activation radius (blast radius for boobies) of the mine being detected.

Mines or boobies still in detection range of a sweeper unit should never activated itself. (Mines bug still need to be fixed)

For sweeping :
The time to sweep a mine or booby trap should be equal to the time of placing them.

The longer it take to place a mine, the longer it should take to remove it.

Booby trap should not be able to be detonated while being swiped, but won't be removed til the full time is spent.)

Comments ?
Thanks.
27 Jan 2015, 22:59 PM
Donator 11

Oh, instant suppress and killing a few models you say? If it would be implemented I see HMG spam is viable strategy in 4v4 as maps are so small that you can plug all holes with HMG and slowly push opponent to their base.

Then maybe people will start using snipers again
27 Jan 2015, 23:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 08:20 AMEsxile

It got canned 1 or 2 months after having implemented the micro transaction system with really few option in it. And honestly looking at how Relic implement stuff and how they support it. The failure wasn't coming from a lack of player enthusiasm to spend their money...
The game was doomed before they implemented money transaction, and the worst it that they knew it and still implemented it to suck as much money as they could from their playerbase. Erk, You make me remember that just know, it is not going to improve my vision of Relic. Disgusting company...

Now about Gren/MG42 synergy. It all comes from they stupid early design.
Sov = assault infantry that need to close the range to deal damage
Ostheer = LMG faction that need to keep the range to deal damage

USF comes with WFA = mid range faction murdering grenadiers early game :D

I think Relic and Men of War guys should work toghether on a new COH3 of War project. Get the good stuff out of both worlds and create a great WW2 game.
27 Jan 2015, 23:28 PM

I think Relic and Men of War guys should work toghether on a new COH3 of War project. Get the good stuff out of both worlds and create a great WW2 game.

Except number of armies and units MoW doesn't really offer much in terms of interesting, competitive gameplay.
And certain units are really questionable as well.
28 Jan 2015, 16:53 PM

If ever the HMG and mines buffs are to come into the game, the OKW need more ways to breakthrough fortified position apart of volk's blobs frontal assault... (They have already smoke on pumas but they need more and quicker)

So i suggest giving them this additional smoke option:

Add to the Kübelwagen, the possibility of a sending small smoke screen available at vet0 for 15 munition on 2 min cooldown with the same range as the US rifle one. (But with the need to recharge at the start of the game)

Comments ?
Thanks in advance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight