Login

russian armor

Scouting and flanking gameplay must return into the game !

26 Jan 2015, 16:49 PM

Now, all i see when i watch any format of game, at nearly all level of play is the use of massive infantry blobs. Blobbing is had become so rewarding that is now the «defecto» way to play the game for a lot of people...

You just have to add a mine sweeper engineer to your blob and it become impervious to mines and booby traps... With the truesight blobs can strike from the fog of war and kill any unit the meet before they have retreat. Scotts and zis and not bad, but not enough to change the gameplay habit. HMG must matter more, so scouting, flanking and combined arms tactic must return to the gameplay.

The MP value of blobs is not an argument for saying that it's normal for 5 vet double shreck inf too win versus anything because they worth more mp then their target. It's very lame.

Unit role(specialty) should matter more then number ( mp value) in certain situation.

Exemples :

The biggest at-guns should be able to (stop or kill) any (medium or smaller tanks) and slow/damage the biggest one. They were made to do that job cheaply.

HMG were made specifically to be able to hold ground versus a vastly superior number of infantry. So 240mp in green/yellow cover > 5+ x infantry's squads, no matter what.
Anything in the cone of fire of an HMG should be suppressed near instantly. It's why special units are made for. Get a sniper, get a mortar, get a tank if you can flank it e.t.c.

Mine sweeping is a slow process, so any mines sweeping unit should move at least 50% slower then normaly to be able to detect mine and remove mine. So blobs would have to move slower to avoid mines.

This game is not Starcraft, the more the game look like it, the less it's fan will like it (i really don't like Starcraft gameply).

COH2 is a game where you should have to use your brain power more then you have to now.

COH2 have the power to become as popular as COHO was. But you have to give the fans the mechanics and the gameplay complexity (more high then low) they like.

The gameplay is not rock vs paper vs scissors style anymore it more like big hammer vs nearly anything win. So lame.

Scouting and flanking gameplay must return because they are logic, fun and strategically rewarding.

While bug fixing is a step in the right direction, the gameplay need more ajustments to really shine to its greatest potential.

Thanks.
26 Jan 2015, 17:02 PM

Blobs firing LMGs on the move is another problem.I'm looking at obers and rifles.
26 Jan 2015, 17:11 PM

COH2 have the power to become as popular as COHO was.

So popular it got canned due to not bringing in any money from the users, even with nearly zero development costs (a couple new menu screens, some new server code, and rearranged command trees). A high standard to try to achieve :foreveralone:

Allies would never win a game again if lone machineguns could stop 5 infantry units charging them.

Playing against mine spam is already boring for all parties involved, slowing down sweeping would make it twice as bad.
26 Jan 2015, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 17:11 PMCruzz
Allies would never win a game again if lone machineguns could stop 5 infantry units charging them.

I think OP means all HMG´s. According to that the same should happen to five axis squads of Volks/Grens facing a M2HB .50 cal Machine Gun or Maxim HMG if I understand OP´s suggestions correct.
26 Jan 2015, 17:55 PM
Senior Editor Badge

So popular it got canned due to not bringing in any money from the users, even with nearly zero development costs (a couple new menu screens, some new server code, and rearranged command trees). A high standard to try to achieve :foreveralone:

+1 for the true.

COHO = FAIL
26 Jan 2015, 18:01 PM

Blobs firing LMGs on the move is another problem.I'm looking at obers and rifles.

Rifles don't fire LMGs on the move.
26 Jan 2015, 18:27 PM
Patrion 28

personally, i'd like to see tank, and possibly infantry, los changed to be more like the jpiv in order to encourage flanking. don't see it happening though.
26 Jan 2015, 19:02 PM

Redesign Soviets, USF, OKW. Fix call in meta. Global upgrades. Tons of them.

Relic pls.

But no, bug fix patch instead #wereworkingonit :foreveralone:
26 Jan 2015, 19:04 PM

Playing against mine spam is already boring for all parties involved, slowing down sweeping would make it twice as bad.

Maybe you like more Starcraft ? not a lot of sweeping needed... I'm sure you don't.

Let's be honest, COHO was more fun and popular the vcoh and COH2 together, yes they had a badly implemented revenue model that was way to early for it's time. But the gameplay was marvelous and fun !

I'm not preaching for a return to COHO, but for adjustments to Coh2 that would make the game more interesting and fun. So please cut the crap and help.
26 Jan 2015, 19:16 PM

Let's be honest, COHO was more fun and popular the vcoh and COH2 together, yes they had a badly implemented revenue model that was way to early for it's time. But the gameplay was marvelous and fun !

Umm, no, it really wasn't.
Can't recall 2nd as imbalanced and unfun to play RTS from competitive stand point like... ever.

Shiny UI and some kind of customization was all it had over coh1. Balance was out of the window, gameplay was not fun, it was horribly imbalanced, as imbalanced as all coh2 imbalances put together.

Your mine sweeping idea is really bad to say the least, have you ever tried to sweep axis mine field?
Its fine for single mines, but that minefield gets build in seconds and requires about a minute of sweeping.

Problems you try to address come from broken balance and lack of alternatives therefore stale meta. And making HMGs batshit OP is not a way to fix anything(anyone remembering MG42 of early days knows what I'm talking about, not a single person wants that or maxim spam of early days back).

People can't come up with anything new, because every attempt to break the meta ends up in severe loss streak due to completely broken balance of doctrines and playstyles not resolving about spamming heavy armor or "T4" medium armor.
26 Jan 2015, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 19:16 PMKatitof

Umm, no, it really wasn't.
Can't recall 2nd as imbalanced and unfun to play RTS from competitive stand point like... ever.

Shiny UI and some kind of customization was all it had over coh1. Balance was out of the window, gameplay was not fun, it was horribly imbalanced, as imbalanced as all coh2 imbalances put together.

Your mine sweeping idea is really bad to say the least, have you ever tried to sweep axis mine field?
Its fine for single mines, but that minefield gets build in seconds and requires about a minute of sweeping.

Problems you try to address come from broken balance and lack of alternatives therefore stale meta. And making HMGs batshit OP is not a way to fix anything(anyone remembering MG42 of early days knows what I'm talking about, not a single person wants that or maxim spam of early days back).

People can't come up with anything new, because every attempt to break the meta ends up in severe loss streak due to completely broken balance of doctrines and playstyles not resolving about spamming heavy armor or "T4" medium armor.

Then i guess you didn't play it as much i did to the very end... We were numerous enough to like it that the servers cost where too high...

Sweeping time is important it add to the tension. But again minefield is a complex system and are not for all to luv. Only for those who did have interest with squad leader or panzer leader type of game. I mean tactically complex situation with tension. Not mindless rushing or outclicking opponents. Its rather outsmarting that we rather have...

Thanks for your comments.
26 Jan 2015, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 18:01 PMKatitof

Rifles don't fire LMGs on the move.

They don't fire BAR's?
26 Jan 2015, 22:09 PM
Donator 11

I think HMG should be more like Men of War HMG especially legendary german MG43 "Hitlers saw".

Besides supressions it should actually KILL infantry, as least with the first salvo killing couple of models instantly to make player to think twice before blobing into a hmg.
26 Jan 2015, 22:14 PM

I think HMG should be more like Men of War HMG especially legendary german MG43 "Hitlers saw".

Besides supressions it should actually KILL infantry, as least with the first salvo killing couple of models instantly to make player to think twice before blobing into a hmg.

Exactly. The fear of HMGs or mines must be bring back asap.

Thanks for your comments.
26 Jan 2015, 22:16 PM

They don't fire BAR's?

Bars in game are assault rifles so no, they aren't LMGs in coh2.

Or in words you would understand:

If bars shouldn't fire on the move, so shouldn't StG44s.
26 Jan 2015, 22:17 PM

They don't fire BAR's?

And Sturms and Pgrens fire STGs on the move as well. BAR is more assault rifle role then LMG see its damage profile.
26 Jan 2015, 22:23 PM

(...) especially legendary german MG43 "Hitlers saw". (...)

MG42 is the "Hiltlersäge". MG43 was the name for the first prototypes of todays Heckler & Kochs MG4 back in 2001.

Edit: But I think you just made a typing error. ;)

Back on topic: I think all HMG´s should suppress faster.
26 Jan 2015, 22:44 PM

Oh, instant suppress and killing a few models you say? If it would be implemented I see HMG spam is viable strategy in 4v4 as maps are so small that you can plug all holes with HMG and slowly push opponent to their base.
26 Jan 2015, 23:00 PM

Cmon, there are so many ways to counter a HMG: Smoke, Grenades, Riflegrenades, "Ooooraahh", Molotovs, mortars, vehicles ..... I agree with your fear of former strats like Maxim-spam or the former HMG42. Instapin should not be the intention when buffing its suppression but blobbing should also not being rewarded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★