Login

russian armor

Püppchen and his problems

26 Jan 2015, 23:45 PM

If the Raketen is going to keep it's current range it needs to have a 5 man crew at least. Tanks just have too easy a time killing the crew before it can do much damage. A 5th man wouldn't completely solve the problem but it would help make the weapon a bit more survivable.

I still believe that Panzerschrecks should be moved to Sturmpioneers, they already have lines for them anyway. Move them to Sturms, one on a squad, maybe a faster RoF to make them more dangerous since there will be much less of them. Give Volks an SMG or AR (not as good as PG's or Sturms) upgrade and dirt cheap Panzerfaust that only does health damage, as a deterrent, no crits.

Some good ideas there. The early damage without crits Pfaust would actually be a better counter to soviet M3 play than waiting for a shreck upgrade and praying the soviet player doesn't know he can push around the shreck squad with the M3. Might need to tie the Pfaust unlock to building the first building to still allow a period of vulnerability similar to how Grens need T2 tech to Pfaust.
27 Jan 2015, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 23:45 PMCabreza

... similar to how Grens need T2 tech to Pfaust.

You sure mate?

Btw, Pzfaust seems great for OKW if you remove Pzschreck and give them something else like PzB rifle. But I don't know if they ever do that, Relic seems to be very stubborn when it comes to changes like this.
27 Jan 2015, 01:04 AM

I like how many people advocate for the AT Rifle replacement, because they know AT Rifles are a worthless downgrade.
27 Jan 2015, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 00:55 AMRMMLz

You sure mate?

Btw, Pzfaust seems great for OKW if you remove Pzschreck and give them something else like PzB rifle. But I don't know if they ever do that, Relic seems to be very stubborn when it comes to changes like this.

My mistake, had rifle nades on the brain when I was writing that post. There is some precedent for putting the Pshreck on another squad though. In the AA beta Sturmpios originally had the shreck upgrade instead of Volks. It was only later moved to Volks squads to give them more utility and to help compensate for the otherwise weak AT of the Raketen.
27 Jan 2015, 01:39 AM

OP is correct. Alternatively, just implement the bit of the excellent OKW revision mod where Volks are riflemen only and a dedicated four-man AT shrek unit is available from the T1 truck.

So you can have an immediate puppchen from the HQ, better than the current one, *and* choose infantry AT a bit later.

Oh...damn...that sounds really interesting! The med structure could use another interesting unit, too.

What if they added this 2-shrek unit, then gave back the shrek upgrade to the sturmpioneers? If you really want to buff sturmpio play you could make it toggleable like the minesweeper. This would also accelerate sturm veterancy, which would make them close range death machines lategame. More interesting than safe long-ranged anti-everything blobs imo. Sturm spam meta? Idk.
27 Jan 2015, 01:55 AM

I like how many people advocate for the AT Rifle replacement, because they know AT Rifles are a worthless downgrade.

What if a new OKW tank hunter squad started with 2 at rifles and maybe had a shrek supplemental upgrade?

AT rifles are useful vs light armor, which US have plenty of. This would make tank hunters more of a dedicated AT squad (2 or 3 out of 5 models with no Kar98) so they wouldn't be the anti-everything blob that volks are now. The shrek upgrade would be for lategame scaling.

I could see this being a medic truck unit for like 340 manpower (OKW have plenty of manpower, for sure), with a 90 muni shrek upgrade and maybe throw in the vehicle detection ability that stormtroopers have? All this while volks can no longer get shreks.

Just throwing stuff out there.
27 Jan 2015, 02:25 AM

AT rifles are useful vs light armor, which US have plenty of.

AT Rifle performance vs Light Armour is worse than Panzerschreck performance vs Medium Tanks. The only use the AT Rifle ever had was 4-shotting the Ostheer Scout Car, and it doesn't even do that anymore. Currently Light Tanks have double the health the Scout Car had when it was 4-shotted. Against a T-70, AT Rifle teams would just be feeding.
27 Jan 2015, 02:56 AM

Increase Volks reinforcement cost and buff raketen :D
28 Jan 2015, 04:00 AM

AT Rifle performance vs Light Armour is worse than Panzerschreck performance vs Medium Tanks. The only use the AT Rifle ever had was 4-shotting the Ostheer Scout Car, and it doesn't even do that anymore. Currently Light Tanks have double the health the Scout Car had when it was 4-shotted. Against a T-70, AT Rifle teams would just be feeding.

Well when you're fighting an infantry killing machine, sure you can't just attack move. Guards can't fight the luchs unless they're in heavy cover or garrisoned, but doing so makes them an actual threat. A pair of AT rifles would be useful versus the less lethal wc51, utility car, greyhound, stuart, etc. Add to that a shrek upgrade and you'd have a dedicated mobile AT squad that scales and is worth buying. Then take out the volks' shrek and you have more strategic variety than just overly versatile volk shrek spam.

I dunno if it would be a perfect thematic fit. I'm just saying OKW could make use of an AT rifle, particularly vs USF, and maybe putting shreks on a different unit coupled with AT rifles could help solve the volk blob shenanigans that players seem so tired of.
28 Jan 2015, 04:45 AM

I'm all for the long range shreck nerf but I still dont think the buff aim time will cause players to get more raketenwerfer. Shrecks cost muni and are on the cheapest main infantry unit in the game, players will still continue to get shrecks and put that manpower elsewhere (like floating because they can :foreveralone: )

Doesn't necessarily help that all OKW's offmap arty options were nerfed into the ground and their they don't have any other munitions sinks that would be worth while like an infantry-combat package for Volks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★