Login

russian armor

(2) Chateau

25 Jan 2015, 17:46 PM

(2) Chateau

Designed for competitive 1v1. If you have remarks regarding an improvement of this map, please feel free to share your thoughts!

Tactical Map:

Map description text: During the liberation of France, the Allied Expeditionary Forces encountered serveral French châteaux which served the retreating Wehrmacht as provisional headquarters. Like countless others across the country, this beautiful mansion is now just another graveyard for unlucky soldiers.

Although it yields no resources, controlling the central hill is crucial to victory and will serve as a staging area for impending assaults.

(special thanks to James Hale)

Further images:

Steamworkshop Link
26 Jan 2015, 14:14 PM
Senior Editor Badge

another community map better than a Relic map.

congrats Ofield.
26 Jan 2015, 15:16 PM

In blue position I WILL always go to the fuel coz in that case I would get AMMO too. And fuel is easy to hold the other side
Coz there is some houses
26 Jan 2015, 15:36 PM

In blue position I WILL always go to the fuel coz in that case I would get AMMO too. And fuel is easy to hold the other side
Coz there is some houses

1st of all. thx for your feedback.

"In blue position I WILL always go to the fuel coz in that case I would get AMMO too."

Both players have a somewhat safe ammo points. so i guess that's balanced.

"And fuel is easy to hold the other side
Coz there is some houses"

would you mind to get more in detail with this? I am aware of the houses, but they are at very little health and their location isn't of high strategic value due to sight blocking objects. But i would consider to balance this out if they really prove to be an issue.

26 Jan 2015, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 15:36 PMofield

1st of all. thx for your feedback.

"In blue position I WILL always go to the fuel coz in that case I would get AMMO too."

Both players have a somewhat safe ammo points. so i guess that's balanced.

"And fuel is easy to hold the other side
Coz there is some houses"

would you mind to get more in detail with this? I am aware of the houses, but they are at very little health and their location isn't of high strategic value due to sight blocking objects. But i would consider to balance this out if they really prove to be an issue.

Idk what kind of houses are there.

But as Whermacht I would put my gren into them and wouldn't care even for USF.They will caver fuel and deal some damage. Coz Wehrmach currently need to buy some time in the very beggining then gona move a bit center to control VPs they disign are just bad.

Or if distance is not that great Rifles WILL jump into them and Wherm will be Garden even more then
26 Jan 2015, 17:51 PM

as I may see on screenshots those houses are not even wooden. So it big problem for Wherm or medium advantage
26 Jan 2015, 19:09 PM

see on screenshots those houses are not even wooden..

So you haven't even played the map D:
2 Feb 2015, 13:50 PM

I haven't played it yet, but I was blown away by the screenshots on steam. I'm horrible at pvp and competitive, but I look forward to stomping an easy computer on it. :P

Ofield putting out top shelf content, as always.
2 Feb 2015, 13:56 PM
Patrion 14

Normally I don't play Workshop maps, but this one looks sweet! I'll let you know what I think about it.
2 Feb 2015, 15:02 PM
Patrion 14

Really enjoyed playing this map, not much to complain about. This map is better than most of Relic maps imo.

Was it the intention to make capping possible from this building? I noticed once there is an enemy in the house, its very hard to gain the control of that point back. Its kinda unfair you can deny your opponent to cap that point while you are still in the house.

Not sure if I like that fuel point surrounded by water. It makes it a lot harder to get it back once you lost control of it. I don't mind the houses on the other side of the map at the fuel point. They are far enough to the base on the left side and they dont have windows to the fuel point itself (If I remember this correctly ;) ).

Last thing: Is it normal you can see the two points near the castle on the right side when you garissoned the house? With a Maxim its easy to deny an enemy to capture those two points.

Keep up the good work! :) Well done!
2 Feb 2015, 16:22 PM

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is now not longer possible to cap inside the small house.

The two cutoffs near the mansion have some deadspots which should prevent any HMG inside the house to lock them down. Nevertheless the centre (especially the chateau) is meant to be an important position, so it's dominance over the area is intentional, even though not 100% balanced, if you want a total symmetrical map.
9 Feb 2015, 15:15 PM

Finally got to play it vs CPU. Very nice, the detail is superb. I like the balance, and the size of the map. The far right and left points can be easily overlooked, making them great targets of opportunity. Amazing work, Ofield.
27 Mar 2015, 09:33 AM

played a round on this map, and i feel like this map is extremely allied favored. lots of corners provide a lot of opportunities for allied infantry to close the distance and engage axis infantry at short range. aesthetically though it looks cool.
27 Mar 2015, 14:33 PM

played a round on this map, and i feel like this map is extremely allied favored. lots of corners provide a lot of opportunities for allied infantry to close the distance and engage axis infantry at short range. aesthetically though it looks cool.

Thx for ur feedback, can't disagree, but also axis have some close range units :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Germany 19
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak