Login

russian armor

Switchable AP/HE shells for the IS-2 and Tiger

24 Jan 2015, 12:18 PM

If we have that mechanic for the ISU-152 with 11-second delay between switches, we should have the same for these two heavy tanks - saying gameplay should contribute to/encourage supporting armor with infantry to take on these tanks, and then having these evaporate that infantry and eat up armor with one universal shell in every shot is a big contradiction.
24 Jan 2015, 13:44 PM
Donator 33

It was mostly the range that made the ISU too much though.
Tiger has short range so it seems ok to be powerful.
No idea about the IS2 range but it never hits anything anyway, so....

Still, probably everyone would be happy to have more tactical choices in the game.
24 Jan 2015, 13:54 PM

Absolute no. It's ok for ISU but not IS.
24 Jan 2015, 14:25 PM

No way, is2 better hit armor than infantry. Why no ap/he shell for tiger?
24 Jan 2015, 14:44 PM
Donator 11

No way, is2 better hit armor than infantry. Why no ap/he shell for tiger?

did you read the title?
24 Jan 2015, 14:44 PM

Tiger has short range so it seems ok to be powerful.

Yes it has shorter range, but that doesn't stop it from annihilating infantry and killing tanks with the same shell, which hurts the combined approach from the opposing player.

No idea about the IS2 range but it never hits anything anyway, so....

The IS-2 has become really powerful and popular since the last patch - most of the Soviet players field one, and in team games you sometimes have multiple of them, aggravating the problem mentioned in the response to the previous quote above.
24 Jan 2015, 15:15 PM

Come on. Maybe we'll give changeable shells to all vehicles? Let's also change the game's name to Blitzmen of Heroes 2.

I think you are forgetting why vCoH was such a success.
24 Jan 2015, 16:44 PM

I think you are forgetting why vCoH was such a success.

It certainly wasn't such a success because you could have units that ignored logic and common sense in the game.
24 Jan 2015, 17:28 PM

Yes it has shorter range, but that doesn't stop it from annihilating infantry and killing tanks with the same shell, which hurts the combined approach from the opposing player.

The IS-2 has become really powerful and popular since the last patch - most of the Soviet players field one, and in team games you sometimes have multiple of them, aggravating the problem mentioned in the response to the previous quote above.

The only reason IS2 more visible is that's the ISU-152 is nowhere to be seen... ISU-152 is the greatest overnerf... They nerfed play variety !!!

Plz don't ask for more ! or you gimp the Soviet faction.
24 Jan 2015, 17:36 PM

The shell switching for the ISU was a bit of an over nerf since the AT shell from an ISU isn't very high damage or high pen. Honestly they should just revert the ISU to having one shell but reduce the squad wipe potential.
24 Jan 2015, 17:46 PM

If you want change, plz state the problem. Changing for the sake of changing isnt good enough.
24 Jan 2015, 18:05 PM

as Ostheer player I say IS2 is should be like that.

On the other hand is THIS commander is very strong.

Has Shock excelent infantry unit.

Incendiary arty which is usfull in a LOT situation especially against weapons crew.

So the problem is WHY Soveit player should to chose other Commander??
24 Jan 2015, 19:31 PM

The shell switching for the ISU was a bit of an over nerf since the AT shell from an ISU isn't very high damage or high pen. Honestly they should just revert the ISU to having one shell but reduce the squad wipe potential.

totally agree
24 Jan 2015, 20:22 PM
Donator 11

i think the unit was nerfed wrong
squad wipe potential is still very high from 70 range away

i would like to see it's range reduced to 40
restore the old shell system
and of course the price should be reduced aswell
this would at last warn you and you can decide to endanger your inf or not

also paks are not instand useless once this unit hit's the field (at last in 2on2's with small maps
24 Jan 2015, 20:29 PM

If we have that mechanic for the ISU-152 with 11-second delay between switches, we should have the same for these two heavy tanks - saying gameplay should contribute to/encourage supporting armor with infantry to take on these tanks, and then having these evaporate that infantry and eat up armor with one universal shell in every shot is a big contradiction.

I hope you are also including tigers, Tiger ace, and King tiger in your "these tanks" statement.

it would be pretty unfair to force soviet heavy armor to switch shells while the big cats can blast away with their shells.
24 Jan 2015, 21:28 PM

If you want change, plz state the problem. Changing for the sake of changing isnt good enough.

Please try not failing at reading all four lines of the OP, then try posting again. Thank you.

I hope you are also including tigers, Tiger ace, and King tiger in your "these tanks" statement.

it would be pretty unfair to force soviet heavy armor to switch shells while the big cats can blast away with their shells.

I did include the Tiger in the title, and obviously the KT goes in the same category.
24 Jan 2015, 22:45 PM

Limit heavies to one at filed, build-able after destroyed, bound them to techs. Problem solved, no need to add more complication in micro.
25 Jan 2015, 15:47 PM

In terms of 3v3 and 4v4, the ISU has been overnerfed, you never see it anymore. The IS2 is necessary pretty much, if you don't have them you're never going to win any game that goes longer than 20m. The Super heavy spam will just crush you. The IS2 is bad enough for not hitting things and the incredibly low turret rotation speed. What it really needs is PRIORITZE VEHICLE - The amount of times im chasing a near dead tank down with my IS2 and it decides to turn it's turret towards some engineers or whatever pains me.

25 Jan 2015, 18:19 PM

Id rather make the is2 slightly more accurate at the cost of reduced armor, as its absolutely ridiculous right now.
25 Jan 2015, 20:25 PM

Put all tanks from medium to super heavy having AP-AT shells with a cd of 6-7 sec if you swap and the game will gain far more interest than what we have actually.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★