Login

russian armor

how to crush

24 Jan 2015, 06:14 AM

how to crush infantry with tanks? how do you have to click to do that?
when i try it, they always jump around, however my own infantry seems to get crushed easily
24 Jan 2015, 06:29 AM
Patrion 15

I'll upload a video on how to do it, this is a good question, but kind of hard to explain through text, a video tutorial should help. I won't have time to get to this until tuesday though, so you will have to wait a bit for the video unless someone else beats me to the punch.

Generally speaking it's easier to crush when you can group the enemy next to a building or an impassable object, and try to keep your speed up, until just before you change directions to crush.
24 Jan 2015, 08:00 AM
Donator 33

Click a lot in an arc shape so the tank is always changing direction, but keep the path of travel fairly smooth.

If they're jammed up against a building and you're not moving then use facing commands to rotate (drag RMB).
24 Jan 2015, 08:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Here's a great video Tommy made. It's specifically for COH1, but applies for COH2 also. It's kind of an exploit of the infantry AI, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it!
24 Jan 2015, 18:52 PM

Does it work better with some tanks than others?
24 Jan 2015, 18:54 PM

Yeah, the faster the tank the easier it is. Basically can't crush stuff with the slow heavy tanks unless the troops get caught between a building and the tank.
24 Jan 2015, 18:55 PM

Edit: accidental double post
24 Jan 2015, 19:13 PM

Yup, it works better with Allied tanks than Axis tanks specifically. T-34's and Shermans will almost always do it compared to a Panzer IV which is seemingly incapable.
24 Jan 2015, 19:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2015, 19:13 PMSierra
Yup, it works better with Allied tanks than Axis tanks specifically. T-34's and Shermans will almost always do it compared to a Panzer IV which is seemingly incapable.

Try using blitz. KilrathiSoldier and I always used to have one player spam anti-inf strafe from the Close Air Support commander while the other player crushed the helpless pinned infantry with a P4. Juicy results!
24 Jan 2015, 21:35 PM

Try using blitz. KilrathiSoldier and I always used to have one player spam anti-inf strafe from the Close Air Support commander while the other player crushed the helpless pinned infantry with a P4. Juicy results!

I try to do that often, easy enough when they are pinned. But it's frustrating as hell when your upright infantry who aren't pinned are getting crushed by T-34's charging them head on.
24 Jan 2015, 22:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2015, 21:35 PMSierra
I try to do that often, easy enough when they are pinned. But it's frustrating as hell when your upright infantry who aren't pinned are getting crushed by T-34's charging them head on.

There is a technique to crushing, which is in the video supra. If your opponent knows what he's doing and you can't get out of the way, sometimes you just need to retreat :)
Anti-tank snares are pretty common for Allied infantry, so unless you're trying to crush lone shocks, penals, or paratroopers, you're just inviting a damaged engine.
RE T-34s: the best is using ram to plow through a blob of infantry en route to the vehicle you're ramming. Oh so beautiful.
24 Jan 2015, 22:35 PM

Here's a great video Tommy made. It's specifically for COH1, but applies for COH2 also. It's kind of an exploit of the infantry AI, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it!

I'm sorry, but I definately think something has changed from COH1. It's not directly comparable IMO because it seems to me that the simple changing of facing doesn't really work anymore. It used to be fairly easy to squish units just by messing around with the tanks' facing once you were in the blop. But it's like now the infantry just crawl under the tank unharmed?

I don't know about the high speed method. I rarely get the opportunity.
25 Jan 2015, 00:09 AM

Tanks pivot turning is much slower than it was in CoH1, giving way more leeway for infantry to dodge.
25 Jan 2015, 08:37 AM

in coh 2 i do it by turning off fire at will (if it is available), move towards the target squad at full speed. as soon as the infantry dodge the tank, make a gentle turn to run them over while not slowing down too much. the whole key to it is just speed, and getting good at getting your tanks to turn without it going into a doughnut. As soon as the tank start doing a dougnut you'll the needed speed to crush.

the only tanks i find that crushing to be relatively easy with is the jackson and the su-76. other tanks are just too slow to do it easily/reliably, and you'll typically do more damage by just sitting still and firing.
25 Jan 2015, 23:47 PM

Well, that's the funny part about the T34. It's fairly fast, but I'd be damned if I can make it squish anyone.
25 Jan 2015, 23:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

in coh 2 i do it by turning off fire at will (if it is available), move towards the target squad at full speed. as soon as the infantry dodge the tank, make a gentle turn to run them over while not slowing down too much. the whole key to it is just speed, and getting good at getting your tanks to turn without it going into a doughnut. As soon as the tank start doing a dougnut you'll the needed speed to crush.

the only tanks i find that crushing to be relatively easy with is the jackson and the su-76. other tanks are just too slow to do it easily/reliably, and you'll typically do more damage by just sitting still and firing.

exact opposite for me regarding Su76 and Jackson.

I cant crush for pudding with those. Shermans M10s and t34s its become second nature,

and ive never crushed hordes of allied infantry with german tanks on purpose like i can with allied tanks for some reason
26 Jan 2015, 19:31 PM

Maybe this can be the next guide. What vehicles can crush and when. I lost a game trying to crush 3 blobbed clumped up grens with a Jackson. Jackson was at full speed and then stopped to rotate around them. Jackson be like, "I would rather not, getting fausted 3 times and losing the game is the better option".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★