Login

russian armor

K so OKW vs #Sovietmasterrace spam

23 Jan 2015, 23:31 PM

Right, so, after losing 8 games in a row, im literally sick of this bullshit.

No matter how hard i dominate the early game, what build order i get, how many fronts I'm fighting on, how many fuel points I hold, the so called #soviets will just keep pulling out tanks out of their asses before i can get my hands on the first tank apart from puma (which dies to AT guns / 2 t34's).

This is terrible, i can literally not think of any way to win against competent soviets anymore. (Not noobs!)

But aight aight, lets break this down. (strictly 2v2)

So, openings:

1, volks kübel volks, agressive -> get hold of half map, teammate gets beaten either in 1v1 or 2v1, have to help, units get immediately outnumbered and killed either by cons spam or maxim spam or both at once + flame halftrack

2, volks volks kübel +- pios -> t2 -> flak & puma ->goes well until the ~ 12 th minute mark when 2 t34's rush my units mixed with a shitstorm of shocks and AT grenade cons that destroy everything in their way

K whatever, its pointless listing, it always goes the same, I dominate the early game 90% of the time then tanks and shocks hit the field, i get engaged in 2v1, get forced back, pray to finally get the first viable AT option aka the panther, meanwhile the enemy spams out 8 more tanks, then finally i may get the first panther and face a 9v1 with extra munition call ins and arty (ofc not in my hands).

The only way I found to be able to play OKW / axis competetively is by teaming up with somebody who knows how to use his brain and use some of my combined arms tactics. That works. Random 2v2 does not.

~/Yes i drank some beers thats why the text is so fallen apart

~/No im not the regular noob, I had 2k+ hours in coh 1, top 1% in COHO etc.

Random replay:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/je34wmwq0eiux4h/fucking%20useless%20okw%20vs%20ussr.rec?dl=0

What I'm looking for:

A way to deal with the goddamn tank spam with the "über tank faction" that has like 0 AT capabilities, apart from the useless volks that run into the tracks of the enemy tanks before firing a shot due to the useless unit pathing...

Oh and dont forget the raketenwerfer that tends to shoot the ground in front of it and die in a second to TANKS that its meant to counter! god please, this is so much of a suffer, I'll just go and play soviets instead...
24 Jan 2015, 01:17 AM

when you loose a game instead of blaming it on units and design ask yourself this how do top players win? What are they doing that you are failing to do? You will learn more watching replays of good players ..

Yes there are some faction specific designs that are unique to OKW..

So if you are struggling with tanks consider this build get about 5 volks 2 strums a battle group hq and hold just one fuel one VP get shrecks and plant some defensive mines @10 min you can pull out JP4 with 135 fuel get one raketn to support it.
24 Jan 2015, 02:34 AM
Donator 11

Go JPIV, it is highly underrated.
24 Jan 2015, 05:23 AM

Shreks. Shreks are the key to medium armour. You should aim for 4-5 shreks by minute 15.
24 Jan 2015, 13:09 PM

Guys I dont know whether anyone has watched the replay, i might have exaggerated >a bit< when i posted the topic, but the problem still persists.

Every soviet player with a half brain will get rid of the jagdpz with ease, as its useless vs infantry, also, volks fail hard vs shocks, and t34's wipe 3 man from a volks squad in one shot.

Goes down like this
Send conscripts for cannon fodder, close in with shocks, make the whole volks blob retreat (not to mention there is no way you get enough munitions for doing everything, it is even hard to outfit every volks).

Continue -> Volks are done, jagdpz is almost alone, he sends in 2 t34's and throws an at nade meanwhile. Jagdpz dies, soviet put in barely any effort and won the outcome.

Know it because I've been there & done that. I'd like to point it out again that this is in competent level of play versus coordinated allies with a random teammate. If I play with a teammate that knows what he's doing and we coordinate we barely get beaten (Something like 11-0 with one mate, 6-0 with the other on soviet side, etc)

Now i won't even mention a close quarters map, because reasons. (go figure)

There is always something the soviet can do.

If it close quarters its conscript at nade + maxim + mortar spam -> su 85/t34

If its a large map its cons+maxim, field gun + shocks, t34 by 10 minutes

The OKW has no reliable way of dealing with a 10 minute shock + t34 + zis rush with mixed in at nades from cons and maxims / other call-ins

Volks get decimated by closing in shocks, puma/flak gets 2 shotted by the zis gun, sturmpios get destroyed by either shocks only, or combined with supression from a few maxims and get killed by the waiting t34's that engage from a distance, beacuse OKW has no AT gun! (Lets not talk about the raketen against long range targets + shocks)

EDIT : Russkies need one 120mmm mortar to counter everything that is infantry, just had a game where that shit one shotted each of my hardly upgraded shrecked volks on the move every time i did something ;)
24 Jan 2015, 13:18 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS