Login

russian armor

Close Air Support Doctrine

23 Jan 2015, 18:59 PM

This doctrine is total $hit primarily because of bad pricing/damage and ability to easily dodge the strafes from seeing large smoke canisters filling your screen letting you know to gtfo.

The biggest price i hated was for the JU anti tank strafe at 110 munition for a single strafe since the normal version is, what 200 munition? For 3 to 4 strafes.

What is everyone elses' thoughts on this doctrine and do you think it would be an OP doctrine if they were switched to the normal JU circling strafe abilities found in other doctrines?
23 Jan 2015, 19:07 PM
Benefactor 355

I think the dmg output is ok. On the other hand, time between smoke and da actual strafe could be decreased a bit. For example, pathfinder arty timing is perfect. Other then dat, it is a doc dat converts fuel into ammo; hence you can't play standard German meta with it but rather go inf heavy.
23 Jan 2015, 19:22 PM
Donator 11

The Problem is (for me) I want this doc :foreveralone: RELIC WHY YOU DONT ADD IT TO THE SHOP! WHYYYYYY!!! :*(
23 Jan 2015, 19:31 PM

I actually like the way this doc functions. I agree that the delay is long, but the strength of the plane lies in the user not in the game. The AT strafe is still useful against buildings and arty. Use it on crippled tanks to quickly finish them off. Just don't use it on tanks without engine damage. 160 munitions (strafe + mine) to kill an enemy tank is definitely cost effective.

The regular strafe is still effective at pinning inf even if they move out of the way, as long as they are not too far away.

Use the recon to fly parallel to your enemies lines, that way if he shoots it down it crashes on his units.

Unlimited stuka dive bomb, need I say more?

If you are going up against heavy arty this is an exceptionally powerful doc.
23 Jan 2015, 19:42 PM
Patrion 15

i played with it the last ten games or so.

i think think the commander as a whole is fine.

i use it mainly for the munition trade though

i boost my early game at 3 cp when i trade 50 fuel for 200 munition-
thats 3 instant upgarde of 3 lmg grens.

after my first tank i trade for munitions again so i can throw granades in every engagement and to lay down some mines.

the recon plane is always welcome.

the strafes are sometimes usefull but nothing more. defenetly not the selling point of the commander.

the divebomb is a very expensive lottery ticket that somtimes has a huge impact.
23 Jan 2015, 19:48 PM

I think it's fine too, specially AI strafe. If you set it right, it could instantly pin infantry and force to enemy to retreat. The AT strafe is also great and come in quit fast, it's ideal to finish off enemy tanks specially when they have suffered engine damage.

Dive bombing is also great if you can scout enemy base and kill their heavy arty.
23 Jan 2015, 19:50 PM

LOL you really think this commander is shit? I use this doctrine all the time and I won every single game (team game cause it shines). Here is what you do:

1) Strafing run (yes you have to predict) on the Rifilemen swarm.
2) Recon. (for pushes with team mates)
3) Anti Tank Strafing run KILLS Jacksons in ONE SWEEP (just have to line up perfectly.
4) Convert fuel to ammo and build 2-3 PG squads with Shreks (if needed or LMG grens)
5) Spam fuel to Muni ability to spam Recon + Stuka on USF Ambulances and targets all day!!
23 Jan 2015, 19:59 PM

Meanwhile, there is a thread on official forums on how this doc is batshit op.
23 Jan 2015, 20:08 PM

This is one of my favorite doctrines, especially against the u.s. The best way to play is to tech to t2 and then stop teching for the rest of the game(only works against u.s.). Between paks and pgrens, I feel like I have enough AT to handle any vehicle the u.s. can throw at me. M8s can be a challenge, but other than that it usually works fine.

The AI strafe is great at pinning rifle blobs and forcing them to retreat. The AT strafe is a little bit weak and should maybe come in a little faster, but its still ok at punching through any u.s. tank so I can live with it as is. Swapping it with the AT strafe from the other doctrines would be a little bit too strong as it could hunt down u.s. armor too effectively.

The best part is, by converting munitions to fuel, you can spam lots of cool stuff! Lmgs, mines, mg bunkers, rifle nades, and all that fun stuff that usually exists in pipe dreams for Ost players.

oh, and: use AI strafe to pin blob and force retreat;
Recon run on opponents base;
stuka bomb on base;
win!!!
That's my 5 cents, have fun :)
23 Jan 2015, 20:35 PM

I took a break when this commander was made available and now i can't get it. Makes me sad.
23 Jan 2015, 20:45 PM

FYI the time it takes for the plane to arrive and strafe your target is related to the direction you call the strafe in from. The closer the distance between the border of the map the plane arrives from and your target the sooner it arrives. In practice this means that if a target is in the south of Semois and you call the plane in from the north it will come from the north and take a while to fly across the entire map before strafing it's target while calling in the plane from the south will result in the plane arriving from the south and strafing it's target nearly instantly after it arrives from the south.
23 Jan 2015, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 19:59 PMKatitof
Meanwhile, there is a thread on official forums on how this doc is batshit op.

And there's one complaining that Grenadiers are OP, the official forums aren't the greatest place to get your balance ideas.
23 Jan 2015, 20:48 PM

And there's one complaining that Grenadiers are OP, the official forums aren't the greatest place to get your balance ideas.

Sadly, it's probably where relic gets their ideas from.
23 Jan 2015, 23:43 PM
Patrion 14

I actually like the way this doc functions. I agree that the delay is long, but the strength of the plane lies in the user not in the game. The AT strafe is still useful against buildings and arty. Use it on crippled tanks to quickly finish them off. Just don't use it on tanks without engine damage. 160 munitions (strafe + mine) to kill an enemy tank is definitely cost effective.

The regular strafe is still effective at pinning inf even if they move out of the way, as long as they are not too far away.

Use the recon to fly parallel to your enemies lines, that way if he shoots it down it crashes on his units.

Unlimited stuka dive bomb, need I say more?

If you are going up against heavy arty this is an exceptionally powerful doc.

this. the doc comes with single pass insta pin, insta gib medium tanks (if you are lucky, even t34/85) and insta gib arty...

i don't know what you want more from clicking 1-2 button...

p.s.
single pass, not counter-able by traditional AA vehicles. if flare in this commander is problem, all flared abilities are apparently too easy to dodge 'cept IR pathfinder's.
23 Jan 2015, 23:52 PM

Could it be most people here in this thread are whining because CAS-D is unfortunately not available for them?

I mean Wehr is really pretty OP these days. :p
24 Jan 2015, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 23:43 PMpigsoup
this. the doc comes with single pass insta pin, insta gib medium tanks (if you are lucky, even t34/85) and insta gib arty...

I've tested AT strafe a lot and I could never get it to instagib a 640 health T-34/76 or SU-85, let alone an 800 health T-34/85.
24 Jan 2015, 00:17 AM
Patrion 14

I've tested AT strafe a lot and I could never get it to instagib a 640 health T-34/76 or SU-85, let alone an 800 health T-34/85.

well i've tested on staionary t34/76 and is2. it insta gibbed t34 pretty nicely. and sometimes, would bring is2 to 10-20% health (never insta gib is2 though).

maybe you could tell me how you tested different than me?

i just spawned t34 or is2 and strafed them from all directions like 15 times each.
24 Jan 2015, 01:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge

http://www.coh2.org/topic/29861/commander-ability-redistribute-resources

5 days ago...

This can't be that bad a commander because it's super popular right now, especially in mixed teams where it covers OKWs weaknesses very well
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★