Login

russian armor

how do you use Panzer 4 Ausf Js

23 Jan 2015, 06:57 AM

When i go elite troops i build only battlegroup and get liek 5/6 volks with 3 shrecks, 2 strums and 2 raketns and wait till CP ticks to 9.. So when i get them there is a sweet spot of about a min where i will have 2 tanks while he will have 1 and another one on the way most of the times..

Now once i get these tanks out its hard to keep them alive they will do good damage but cant retreat to safety without loosing 1 or both.. seems like the reverse speed is slower to me.. (i get non vet pairs every time so no blitz)

Panther are more forgiving as they will bounce some ATs, but these have only 160 armor which is 20 lower than the oshter P4. :(.

I win most games with these in both in 1v1 and 4v4 just by shock and awe,
but i loose the tanks pretty often even if it wins me match, are there any tips on keeping them alive a lil longer??

in ideal 3v3 or 4v4 where both sides control almost same resources i can field these in 18 mins along with a JP4 already purchased at 10 mins.
24 Jan 2015, 02:58 AM

In 1v1, it's useful if you go T2 first for an early puma/flak to T1 for healing, and skip T3. It would then cost 255 to get a panther compared to 210 for 2x P4s.

The major downside is not accessing any kind of special/elite infantry, unlike other commanders. I'd go 4/5 volks, 1/2 pios, 1 rakten, maybe an infantry support gun too. Getting 2 pios seems mostly suitable for urban/close quarter maps.

The commander should have the CP decreased to 8, have maybe mg34 replace one of the useless abilities (or even reduce the cost of the radio ability) and fuel cost decreased by 10 fuel.
24 Jan 2015, 03:39 AM

In 1v1, it's useful if you go T2 first for an early puma/flak to T1 for healing, and skip T3. It would then cost 255 to get a panther compared to 210 for 2x P4s.

The major downside is not accessing any kind of special/elite infantry, unlike other commanders. I'd go 4/5 volks, 1/2 pios, 1 rakten, maybe an infantry support gun too. Getting 2 pios seems mostly suitable for urban/close quarter maps.

The commander should have the CP decreased to 8, have maybe mg34 replace one of the useless abilities (or even reduce the cost of the radio ability) and fuel cost decreased by 10 fuel.

My question is how to keep them alive/ use them effectively if Jacksons and Su85s are present they die very fast..

I tried getting JP4 to assist P4s still manage to loose 1 or both of them in engagements in both 1v1 and 3v3 and 4v4, with 3v3 and 4v4 its hard to keep them alive.. even with the skirts.

im ok with the commander abilites. radio ability although meant for planning flanks i use it for stuka to guess the US medic truck location and barrage it when he reterats he wont expect it as there wont be any recon flights overhead.
24 Jan 2015, 05:18 AM

Best way to use Pz4 Ausf J - leave the commander out of your loadout.
24 Jan 2015, 05:53 AM

Was just saying the best BO to get those tanks. If you're going T1 -> T3, they aren't worth it over a panther.

They feel more sluggish than an Ostheer P4, but they can climb vet pretty easily. At vet 2, they become more mobile. It's best to use them cautiously as an AI tank and try to maximise veterancy. I'd just keep them in the back, and use volks with shreks as a spearhead.
24 Jan 2015, 07:13 AM

Best way to use Pz4 Ausf J - leave the commander out of your loadout.

This.

P4 Js are so underpowered right now its not even funny. You might have a shot against sovs with them, but against USF you're completely boned if there is a single jackson on the field. For the price you should just grab a Panther.
24 Jan 2015, 10:22 AM

This.

P4 Js are so underpowered right now its not even funny. You might have a shot against sovs with them, but against USF you're completely boned if there is a single jackson on the field. For the price you should just grab a Panther.

I wanted to make it work by getting JP4 to assist but still they die quickly on retreat .. I cant use HEAT unless im close else it will poop out of barrel, if i plan a flank using signal relay ability i get cut down on retreat.

So right now i use it to guard JP4's flank. I build only T1 now to afford both JP4 and P4s.. but its still hard to pull off. extra strummis do help.

Against infantry it does a good job but so do obers :) ..
24 Jan 2015, 12:18 PM

don't use them

Same effective as Lef Howitzer
25 Jan 2015, 23:36 PM

Using it defensively is a waste, you need the vet. It seems it's more of a micro issue of not surviving. The JP4 seems like a good supporting unit, since it's a great TD that can even tackle on heavy tanks.

Or just listen to the half-assed/unoriginal comments of "step 1: just dont get it, it's worthless derp".
2 Feb 2015, 11:54 AM

No I agree, I also like to use this commander with just T1, ive had ok sucess with it.

Only getting T1 means u can have an early JP4 out with a rakketen in building to protect it from flanks. Then when you call the P4s alwayd keep the JP4 at their backs, as its essential At.

Dont over extend the P4s and always retreat the one taking damage early.

Disadvantage is no MG34, or elite inf. But its still fun to play.

If you face a lot of tanks, dont be affraid to get a second JP4. Rakkettens in buikding covers their biggest weakness.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★