Login

russian armor

Stop Skillplanes Kamikaze

23 Jan 2015, 03:25 AM

I started to have a feeling that the dev coded this intentionally instead of pure RNG crushing the downed plane into units, because it happens too frequently.

If the ability is stated as the plane intentionally, suiciding crushing into designated target, I am fine with it since realism is nothing here, but it is NOT. Recon overflight is JUST for recon, NOT Kamikaze.

Do Relic realise that we are not playing the Pacific front, even through no Zero was used to crush into marines or their Shermans, did they?

23 Jan 2015, 03:39 AM
Donator 11

I think is mainly has to do with having AA positioned near your forces. If you shoot a plane down in or around are the area your army is the chances of collision is at a higher percent. I use the Ostwind alot and I've never had a problem using it a little bit behind my forces.
23 Jan 2015, 03:52 AM

Pimpin this vid again.

(2min 10s or so is when the good stuff starts).
23 Jan 2015, 03:52 AM
Patrion 14

agree with OP
23 Jan 2015, 03:56 AM

plane crash breaks the game since alpha 2012 and I don't think they care
23 Jan 2015, 03:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 03:25 AMPorygon
I started to have a feeling that the dev coded this intentionally instead of pure RNG crushing the downed plane into units, because it happens too frequently.

If the ability is stated as the plane intentionally, suiciding crushing into designated target, I am fine with it since realism is nothing here, but it is NOT. Recon overflight is JUST for recon, NOT Kamikaze

I agree loose obers to them every time, I usually save flak ht till end of game so my KT doesn't get skill planed but the shot down plane always finds my obers and crashes into them :(
23 Jan 2015, 04:01 AM

I always found it out odd that planes immediately dip down at a sharp angle when shot... Its not like they are even bothering to recover - they just drop straight down to the biggest clump of... Anything; allied or enemy in hopes for preserving secret Japanese honor. Soviet Union/Germany/USF mustve gotten desperate in terms of hiring new pilots...
23 Jan 2015, 04:52 AM

Relic REALLY, REALLY needs to do something about this.

If they are really serious about turning coh2 into an E-sports title, it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that they remove plane crashes all together.
23 Jan 2015, 05:30 AM
Donator 11

In a cast I did yesterday the allies were able to retake momentum due to plane crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZA1hdGfo9Y#t=2020

Stuka and Panther taken out with two crashes within seconds of each other. If the OKW player was better they could have come back from it, but he wasn't, so he didn't.

I don't think plane crashes helped win in this instance, but it didn't hurt at all. Its up there with the dumbest things I have seen in this game so far.
23 Jan 2015, 05:31 AM

I wouldn't say remove it altogether I think planes crashing is nice feature BUT it would be nice to know where the plane intends on crashing (perhaps a map ping to inform you) so if you are quick enough (or paying enough attention) you are able to attempt to move your unit out of the designated zone. As this is what would typically happen in the real world.
23 Jan 2015, 05:41 AM

Planes crashing into units is one of those things that's hillarious to watch in a cast but sucks so hard when it happens to you. Maybe if they made it so that the plane crashed very slowly with a loud noise to warn you where it's going... Or just remove it for gameplay sake.
23 Jan 2015, 06:31 AM

These are some good contributions... But I killed 2 panthers. Pure skill, I promise ;)

23 Jan 2015, 07:14 AM

Looks so funny when it happens to others and so annoying when it happens to you.
Maybe Relic should completely eliminate the possibility that a hit plane crashes on map. It will probably be more simple. Realism, ok, but sometimes this is getting to real and damages the gameplay, in the same way as bugs do.
23 Jan 2015, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 05:41 AMEnkidu
Planes crashing into units is one of those things that's hillarious to watch in a cast but sucks so hard when it happens to you. Maybe if they made it so that the plane crashed very slowly with a loud noise to warn you where it's going... Or just remove it for gameplay sake.

I've thought about something similar too, but it's obvious Relic doesn't have the resources to commit to coding it.

Even if they did, It's hardly like a few seconds warning would do much. With so many other things going on in the game, by the time the player (even higher skilled players) would notice - it would be too late. One must also take into account how long it takes for units to respond to orders and path-finding issues (especially when units are near close to each other - which is where plane crashes are the most destructive).

The only real fix to this massive problem is to remove plane crashes from the game completely. RNG is already too prominent without plane crashes. There is currently far too many squad one-shots, Vehicle Abandons, Vehicle main gun crits and bugs that effect game-play - especially higher tier games where every little roll of the dice can decide the outcome of the game.

Again, If relic is REALLY serious, they should remove plane crashes from the game completely. Imagine if a plane crashing decides the Grand Final for an ELS tournament.It would be laughable

I'm not saying that ALL RNG should be removed entirely, but plane crashes, aside from bugs, are In my opinion (and many others) the biggest problem with CoH2 in it's current state.
23 Jan 2015, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 03:25 AMPorygon

If the ability is stated as the plane intentionally, suiciding crushing into designated target, I am fine with it since realism is nothing here, but it is NOT. Recon overflight is JUST for recon, NOT Kamikaze.

That happens because most of the time, the plane is shot down when it's on a straight way towards your forces because AA units have higher chance of shooting at it when it's flying into their "punch side" and it crashes following that line.

I have lost many games just because of this stupid crash specially in smaller maps. I wish I still had the replay, P47 crashed on my Panther 3 freaking times in a row. I could not even use the panther in any fight because I was just repairing it.

It's cool and everything but please reduce the damage. I should get rewarded for bringing in an Ostwind or AAHT not punished.
23 Jan 2015, 08:43 AM
Benefactor 115

They could tone it down a little, making the crash area a bit smaller and decreasing the penetration.
23 Jan 2015, 08:50 AM

Replace damage from plane crash with stun effect for both vehicle crew and infantry?
23 Jan 2015, 08:58 AM

If they let you guys balance the game, the game would became a C&C or an AoE. Then why there is a CoH game? RNG is a big part of this game and it s why I love the game. It is ok to discuss this kind of things but I m bored to see always an e-sports hashtag besides an RNG issue.
23 Jan 2015, 10:08 AM

This is just plain frustrating, I'm sometimes more terrified by the plane crash than by the ability itself.

It should be removed or changed into something that doesn't destroy your units.

Have you heard ever of soldier groups that died in WW2 because a Stuka crashed on them?
23 Jan 2015, 11:38 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This is just plain frustrating, I'm sometimes more terrified by the plane crash than by the ability itself.

It should be removed or changed into something that doesn't destroy your units.

Have you heard ever of soldier groups that died in WW2 because a Stuka crashed on them?

Fair point. :)

Mind you, in order to make the game more authentic, the skillzplanes should really also attack their own side! ;)...from the diaries of a young British infantry officer, Peter White, "With the Jocks" (page 148):

...On the morning of 30 January [1945], a visit was paid by a car load of VIPs to look at the front - the General Officer Commanding ('GOC'), Commander of the Royal Artillery, Brigadier, Commanding Officer, and the GOC's Aide de Camp. This coincided with a high-flying formation of American bombers, whose identity was just being discussed by these important people, when the planes released several bomb-loads right around them and slap though the Company and Battalion area, in a volcano sustained ripple of blasting explosions. One 500-pounder recorded a direct hit, but fortunately without casualties, on one of my section billets, making an enormous crater. This accident resulted in a further drop in our cow's milk supply, and we heard, profuse apologies from the air formation concerned to the 'brass hats', though no apology reached to our level...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★