Login

russian armor

Why did they reduce the vp tick down?

23 Jan 2015, 02:32 AM
Donator 11

I feel like lately a lot of the games I play or watch end up being a battle of attrition rather than of victory points.
Allies may be missing late game but this could be fixed if the victory point timer is adjusted making OKW heavys be a last resort push to take hold of the map. As of right now vp's don't matter in terms of victory and only consist of a background battle that makes for stale gameplay. Its either total annihilation or its just a base rush to see who can kill the most of the enemy stuff rather than hold them off. The game are rarely about Victory points and that is just depressing as it is such a fun gamemode.

In the beta sure we saw quicker games but it made holding those points crucial to victor and I feel as though we have lost that feeling.
23 Jan 2015, 02:40 AM

- Allies lategame callin and skillplanes are very strong
- COH2 VP ticks much faster than COH1

I have no idea what are you talking about.
23 Jan 2015, 02:41 AM

I feel it is good as it is right now. Strong allied early game, and yet there is enough time for germans to fight back, but not so much that their lategame suppremacy takes overhand!
23 Jan 2015, 02:46 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 02:40 AMPorygon
- Allies lategame callin and skillplanes are very strong
- COH2 VP ticks much faster than COH1

I have no idea what are you talking about.

Increasing bleed from vp's would amblify that they are just as important as a fuel point or a muni point making them key parts of the map. Often times they are skipped or not even touched as they lack significant impact to the game.

23 Jan 2015, 03:00 AM

That really boils down to what your playing. 1s, 2s, Team games. I think they bleed fast enough as it is. In 1's and 2' Your priority should be map control, this includes the VPs.

Where as Team games generally come down to attrition and denying the enemy any form of lengthy control over VP's. Until you start to bleed your opponent of his units your not really looking to continuously hold VP's uninterrupted.
23 Jan 2015, 07:28 AM

wait.
they changed it?
its different in coh1?

i always thought it is/always was [amount of additional controlled VPs] every 3 secs...
patchnotes on this pls?
23 Jan 2015, 08:37 AM

I think it's in a good place now. When the enemy holds all three, a simple retreat costs you like 30-40 points, and they also have time to dig in.
23 Jan 2015, 08:41 AM
Benefactor 115

I generally agree, vps are often ignored for the first 20 minutes of the game (unless they are needed for connecting sectors or you are stalling next to one of them).
In most maps tho the center vp is the sector most fought over since it provides positional advantage for branching out so it kind of balances things.
23 Jan 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 02:32 AMMittens
I feel like lately a lot of the games I play or watch end up being a battle of attrition rather than of victory points.
Allies may be missing late game but this could be fixed if the victory point timer is adjusted making OKW heavys be a last resort push to take hold of the map. As of right now vp's don't matter in terms of victory and only consist of a background battle that makes for stale gameplay. Its either total annihilation or its just a base rush to see who can kill the most of the enemy stuff rather than hold them off. The game are rarely about Victory points and that is just depressing as it is such a fun gamemode.

In the beta sure we saw quicker games but it made holding those points crucial to victor and I feel as though we have lost that feeling.

You do realise you have to cap a majority of the VP's to make them tick down right?
23 Jan 2015, 09:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I thought VPs ticked down way, way too fast in the beta. I would not like to see the rate reverted back to that.
24 Jan 2015, 18:56 PM

I think the length of the games right now is spot on.
25 Jan 2015, 09:46 AM

I made a thread once that DOW2 has no late-game tank spam abilities because, despite having MORE fuel (energy) and cheaper tanks (baneblade is 200 energy instead of 260 for KT, IG gets 52 energy per minute like anyone else), because if you wait 3 mins to get a baneblade out your opponent will bleed you down to 100 vps left

And tanks can't cap

I was, of course, promply ridiculed by a bunch of axis fanbois and Romeo :)
25 Jan 2015, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2015, 09:46 AMdpfarce
I made a thread once that DOW2 has no late-game tank spam abilities because, despite having MORE fuel (energy) and cheaper tanks (baneblade is 200 energy instead of 260 for KT, IG gets 52 energy per minute like anyone else), because if you wait 3 mins to get a baneblade out your opponent will bleed you down to 100 vps left

And tanks can't cap

I was, of course, promply ridiculed by a bunch of axis fanbois and Romeo :)

the DOW2 tank attacking priority is a completely utterly failure, tanks will always attacking the cheapest units instead of enemy valuable units, or even automatically attacking power node, DOW2 is an rushed product.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment