Login

russian armor

CoH2 Squad Formations

22 Jan 2015, 19:13 PM
Patrion 14

Been messing around with CoH2 Mod Tools lately.
Damn, it was so hard to do something about those squad formations.. (Sarcasm)

Squad on the move

Squad waiting for commands

Its amazing how much less one shot wipes I had testing this out = 0 :o

Screenshots are shitty quality. I play on lowest settings and 800 x 600 resolution :p
22 Jan 2015, 21:56 PM

The saddest part about this is that Peter said they will not change squad formations :(

How does it work with Cover? Does anyone stand out of cover or do they all enter?
22 Jan 2015, 23:09 PM
Patrion 14

I will post some new screenshots tomorrow. All units enter cover (formations have nothing to do with cover, cover is about amount of slots it has). Cover system still works the same. This would improve the game a lot imo. Sad if they will never change it, would fix a shitload of problems.
22 Jan 2015, 23:16 PM

So what values did you actually change? I looked at the formations a bit and decided I'd have to make a small script to multiply the positions because manually changing them seemed too painful and the scale modifier did not seem to do anything.
22 Jan 2015, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 23:09 PMStafkeh
Cover system still works the same. This would improve the game a lot imo. Sad if they will never change it, would fix a shitload of problems.

I don't know what to say. This change would fix... a shitload of problems (could not find better words). Why the hell they would never change it. #Justrelicthings
22 Jan 2015, 23:31 PM

The saddest part about this is that Peter said they will not change squad formations :(

How does it work with Cover? Does anyone stand out of cover or do they all enter?

Umm, current paratroopers move in a nice looking V formation on the open and fit nicely in cover just like any other squad.

Its not a matter "is it possible?", its a matter of "do we want to do it?".
23 Jan 2015, 11:57 AM
Patrion 14

Cover still works fine:

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 23:16 PMCruzz
So what values did you actually change? I looked at the formations a bit and decided I'd have to make a small script to multiply the positions because manually changing them seemed too painful and the scale modifier did not seem to do anything.

There are squad formations and formations, I think you only changed the squad scale. When I changed scale at formations it worked fine, changed it to 20 once to check if it would make difference, the units were all over the map.

Here are some screenshots what the changes are, I'm not even sure if they are all needed.
Click on the picture for bigger resolution ;)

1 Feb 2015, 20:32 PM

Does someone know what's the name of that mod pleaase.

Just to do some trainning and so on.
1 Feb 2015, 20:50 PM

squad formations much change like it was in CoH1, too bad Relic doesn't sees the problem
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★