Login

russian armor

How Company of Heroes 2 became Steam's biggest RTS

22 Jan 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2015, 19:10 PMKatitof
STOP BEING EXCITED ABOUT STUFF YOU CAN'T TELL US!

I'm personally fed up with it and can't be excited anymore even thou I will be when I'll see it.
If I hear "We are excited about upcoming content, but we can't tell you," again my head is going to explode.
22 Jan 2015, 17:09 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 09:07 AMKatitof

Depends how hipster you are.

RTS market, well, except SC2 and CoH2 is as good as dead.

Sins of a Solar Empire and Ultimate General Gettysburg are about the only other RTS games I enjoy at the moment.

Most other RTS games I have bought have been a major letdown. The best thing about Red Alert 3 was the hammy acting :(
22 Jan 2015, 19:47 PM
Donator 22

me as well, still exited, like every day.
Has been like that for quite a while.

God, Wilson, must feel awkward to say stuff like that all the time.

And then again, I am very happy to see some positive press about the game. I still love the game.
22 Jan 2015, 20:06 PM

Can't wait to see bugs, call ins meta and RNG on the big screen!
22 Jan 2015, 20:27 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 09:07 AMKatitof

Depends how hipster you are.

RTS market, well, except SC2 and CoH2 is as good as dead.

Don't forget Wargame, though I still believe that 50% of the people buy it for the in-game chat.
22 Jan 2015, 21:07 PM

Yay, CoH2 wins by default!

It still counts, right? :foreveralone:
22 Jan 2015, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 06:29 AMRomeo

Oh hey that's me :D

It's cool they mention you but what about the rest of the popular streamers.
22 Jan 2015, 22:01 PM

“People do come into the franchise from lots of different access points. The campaign is one that’s generally a linear experience, so people will play it once or twice and then transition into multiplayer, co-op or competitive PvP.”

Once a compstomper, always a compstomper. Also I'm pretty sure the majority of people who play the campaign once or twice never play the game again afterwards. :snfQuinn:

“From us just looking at how Company of Heroes 2 is performing, and we look back at Company of Heroes 1, it is - across the board - outperforming CoH 1,” Wilson points out
22 Jan 2015, 22:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 21:23 PMAstarot

It's cool they mention you but what about the rest of the popular streamers.

some may or may not be to toxic to make the list. ;)
22 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 22:01 PMVonIvan

“From us just looking at how Company of Heroes 2 is performing, and we look back at Company of Heroes 1, it is - across the board - outperforming CoH 1,” Wilson points out

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard from MVRelic :snfBarton:
22 Jan 2015, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 22:01 PMVonIvan
“People do come into the franchise from lots of different access points. The campaign is one that’s generally a linear experience, so people will play it once or twice and then transition into multiplayer, co-op or competitive PvP.”

Once a compstomper, always a compstomper. Also I'm pretty sure the majority of people who play the campaign once or twice never play the game again afterwards. :snfQuinn:

i started playing the coh franchise right before the closed beta for coh2 started. the way the game works was very new to me so i started with playing compstomps for hundreds of hours and watched danes casts to get accostumed to the game mechanics (i played some automatches in the beginning but i sucked terribly). when i felt "prepared", i moved on to multiplayer and stopped playing compstomps altogether.
a couple of people i play with started the same way (all of them never really knew about the franchise before coh2 was released). i just felt like i wasnt learning anything by getting stomped by players who had way more experience than i had (besides not having any fun at all, being base pinned after ~10 mins)

anyways just my 2cents
22 Jan 2015, 23:24 PM

i started playing the coh franchise right before the closed beta for coh2 started. the way the game works was very new to me so i started with playing compstomps for hundreds of hours and watched danes casts to get accostumed to the game mechanics (i played some automatches in the beginning but i sucked terribly). when i felt "prepared", i moved on to multiplayer and stopped playing compstomps altogether.
a couple of people i play with started the same way (all of them never really knew about the franchise before coh2 was released). i just felt like i wasnt learning anything by getting stomped by players who had way more experience than i had (besides not having any fun at all, being base pinned after ~10 mins)

anyways just my 2cents

True. I don't know why the hell some people have so much hate for CompStomping. How the hell did they learn how to play? I think many of these people have forgot their old newbie days in vCoH.

I think the game actually needs more "options" in player VS AI. Options like detailed tool-tips, unit details and tutorials and other stuff so-as you said- new players get "prepared" for the real action.

I persuaded a two of my friends to by CoH2, they did and they have only played it until level 20 or so. Even with me trying to "couch" them, they could not get the hang of it. Since CoH2 campaign is completely another thing and you can't learn anything from it for MP, Relic should focus more on Player VS AI.
24 Jan 2015, 00:18 AM
Patrion 28

well, i learned to play the dow2 multi by joining custom 3v3s. i might have played one or two games against the ai but you don't learn much from them (particularly in dow2) and so i only used them to learn the most basic layouts of the faction i played. i know people hated me for my first few games but i improved.
24 Jan 2015, 00:47 AM

Don't forget Wargame, though I still elieve that 50% of the people buy it for the in-game chat.

True that. The endless entertainment from cold war military discussions is worth the price alone.
27 Jan 2015, 16:25 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Grey Goo or Homeworld Remastered will be new Steam biggest RTS game in the next weeks.

GG relic.
27 Jan 2015, 16:55 PM

A more appropriate title would be: "How RTS Gaming Died and Relic Entertainment is Appropriately Named"
27 Jan 2015, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 16:25 PMnigo
Grey Goo or Homeworld Remastered will be new Steam biggest RTS game in the next weeks.

GG relic.

Just like RUSE, planetary annihilation, MoW2 and wargame, it will be for the next weeks, then it will die in oblivion.
At least Grey Goo uses nice concept in the goo army, but it won't be enough to drag larger player pool and even if, the target audience seems to be SC2 players, not CoH2 communities when we compare the games.

So yea, hype will burn out, everything will return to CoH2 being steady and everything else being pretty much dead.
27 Jan 2015, 17:18 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 17:07 PMKatitof

Just like RUSE, planetary annihilation, MoW2 and wargame, it will be for the next weeks, then it will die in oblivion.
At least Grey Goo uses nice concept in the goo army, but it won't be enough to drag larger player pool and even if, the target audience seems to be SC2 players, not CoH2 communities when we compare the games.

So yea, hype will burn out, everything will return to CoH2 being steady and everything else being pretty much dead.

Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell.

:D
27 Jan 2015, 17:42 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 16:25 PMnigo

GG relic.

Grey Goo sure is doing awesome http://steamcharts.com/app/290790

ded jonra
27 Jan 2015, 18:22 PM

Grey Goo sure is doing awesome http://steamcharts.com/app/290790

ded jonra

Dry like a good redwine. And really true. I'm not wondering tho, the game looks awefully boring.

[ded jonra] -> Is that according to scripture? A niche, if big enough, isnt the worst to have tho.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★