Login

russian armor

How do you deal with the OKW flak track?

21 Jan 2015, 17:11 PM

I can't consistently beat this thing unless I rush to an AT gun. Soft counters seem to be way too risky since infantry are obliterated. Plus it is pretty slippery in the early game and just dominant for the time it comes out. For how crucial the early game is for allies this thing just seems bullgarden to me. I almost made this a balance complaint but I haven't put the time in to see if this thing is really as op as it seems to me. I also haven't played in a while so I don't know the latest counters.

Long story short, how can you deal with this thing and still dominate the early game?

Is it just rush out an AT gun or lose?

Note: I know about mine play but it seems silly to put one or two mines down that early and cross your fingers and call it balanced. Plus people have been using minesweepers supported by the flak track against me.
21 Jan 2015, 21:09 PM

I usually just avoid it early game, until i get some hardcounters. Just work your way around it, and if he overextends you'll have a good chance at killing it.
21 Jan 2015, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2015, 21:09 PMMetalon
I usually just avoid it early game, until i get some hardcounters. Just work your way around it, and if he overextends you'll have a good chance at killing it.

Ya that would work. The quick set up bug makes it a pain to avoid. I'm mostly salty since I tried to soft counter it and lost everything since it can change map sides too easily with the set up bug.
22 Jan 2015, 06:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

As soviets it's probably easiest to get an AT gun or swarm with conscripts from multiple angles to AT nade it to death.

As USF you will struggle a lot if you went lieutenant. Pray for a lucky M20 mine. Captain tier has no problems with it at all. Stuart stun + captain bazookas should kill it no problem if you can time the attack just right.
22 Jan 2015, 16:17 PM
Donator 11

If you see a flak HT then you know he doesn't have a battlegroup HQ, meaning his infantry will die pretty quickly. If you went T1 you pretty much have to AT nade it to death or get guards if it is in your commander loadout.

For USF M20 mine or try for rifle grenade. Otherwise you kind of have to go captain and avoid it.

The lack of healing for the OKW player is a huge set back though, especially if he techs to T4 afterwards.
25 Jan 2015, 13:59 PM

If you see a flak HT then you know he doesn't have a battlegroup HQ, meaning his infantry will die pretty quickly. If you went T1 you pretty much have to AT nade it to death or get guards if it is in your commander loadout.

For USF M20 mine or try for rifle grenade. Otherwise you kind of have to go captain and avoid it.

The lack of healing for the OKW player is a huge set back though, especially if he techs to T4 afterwards.

Sturmpios can use healing ability though, if some squads are exceptionally low. I use it quite frequently when going T2. I use dual cost reduction bulletins and they are not too expensive (especially not if you increase muni income for a minute or so).
28 Jan 2015, 18:55 PM

The Flak HT does have (a very small) minimum range. If you went T1 with Soviet, you can actually drive the M3 up right next to it and it can't directly target the vehicle. I think if they attack ground the splash damage might still be a problem.

It's a risky tactic, and you'll usually lose your scout car over it, but it might force the flak HT to move, giving you a chance to kill it. Blocking the reverse path of the Flak HT means that the only escape route is forward. Hoorah! plus AT nades should finish it off then.
28 Jan 2015, 18:58 PM
Patrion 14

3 at nades and it's done
29 Jan 2015, 13:03 PM

what da fu is wrong with you guys around here? Using skills, swarm it up from multiple angels? I would say it´s just OP everything OKW has to offer is OP just OP, fucking fuck retarded faction for little poor two click dumb heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that you play MOSTLY OKW gives kinda flavor-of-bias to your posts.

On topic:

2 Feb 2015, 20:13 PM

Who the hell parks a flak ht right next to a con-squad?
7 Feb 2015, 18:22 PM

ive always theoried using guards rifles with button would do the trick. ive never really had the chance to try it because i usually end up picking a doctrine before the aa halftrack reveals itself.

my main strategy is to just avoid it. let it sit out somewhere defending some strategic point against zero resistence, make em feel like they need to reposition it to get it into battle so they get their money's worth out of it.. once they start going that route with the aa halftrack you'll usually end up catching it out of position and get a luckily timed at grenade off on it or something.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment