Login

russian armor

Gaming as service article on Kotaku

19 Jan 2015, 10:26 AM

An interesting article exploring how games like LoL and World of Tanks have changed how games are being designed and delivered.

Article link

Wonder if any of it could be applied to our lovely game?
19 Jan 2015, 11:03 AM
Senior Editor Badge

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/feature/a574215/whats-the-future-for-company-of-heroes-2-after-western-front-armies.html

"Games as service keeps the community engaged, but also the team - the team's excited about getting stuff out there."

As a result there will be "smaller pieces of content" releasing more frequently, and "more communication" from the studio in a bid to keep the community engaged.

"Part of having the game as a service is that we're really embracing it to be agile and flexible in how you develop," said Duffy.

19 Jan 2015, 11:13 AM

It's a good article, as a player of both LoL and WoT not to mention the long awaited WOW (world of warships, not word of warcraft).

Unfortunately I don't think CoH as a game could ever fit into that niche. But Relic itself sure could learn a thing or two from both Riot and Wargaming, not to mention just about every developer out there could learn a thing or two from Blizzard.

Games are changing this is true but CoH is far from being in the category of 'service' games. Though I do believe they fit into what blizzard classifies as 'familial'. We can only hope Relic/SEGA have something up their sleeves to keep up with the way the industry is changing.

EDIT: just noticed that this also applies to the article nigo posted.
19 Jan 2015, 12:00 PM

I literally just posted this on the Angry Bears facebook group with the tag line "The people at Relic could learn a thing or two from this" (or Whoever is controlling the NDA's/lack of Info coming out).

CoH2 is no longer just a "Product" to ship, it's stuck, it has a community (a small one but still), if they want to seriously make this an Esport they need to look at this game as a service and us not just as walking money piles.
19 Jan 2015, 12:00 PM

It's a good article, as a player of both LoL and WoT not to mention the long awaited WOW (world of warships, not word of warcraft).

Unfortunately I don't think CoH as a game could ever fit into that niche. But Relic itself sure could learn a thing or two from both Riot and Wargaming, not to mention just about every developer out there could learn a thing or two from Blizzard.

Games are changing this is true but CoH is far from being in the category of 'service' games. Though I do believe they fit into what blizzard classifies as 'familial'. We can only hope Relic/SEGA have something up their sleeves to keep up with the way the industry is changing.

EDIT: just noticed that this also applies to the article nigo posted.

I think you're right but I don't think it can't be done with an RTS like COH2, maybe not to the same depth but similar.
19 Jan 2015, 12:16 PM

You mean pay to win? Don't worry CoH2 is already there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★