Login

russian armor

Improving myself in 1v1.

18 Jan 2015, 21:49 PM

Please, take a look and tell me what I could do better in late game?

I denied armor but these snipers were killing me... I have no idea what I shall do in situation like this.

18 Jan 2015, 23:43 PM
Patrion 14

Your problem were not the snipers, they were just the nail in the coffin. The main problem I can see in this replay is that you were not aggressive enough, and didn't capitalize on your victories. For instance, at a certain point in the game you made all of his units retreat, and you decrewed both his AT guns. You didn't capture/destroy those AT guns however, allowing your opponent to get back in the game again. A couple of times you got an IS-2 to 10% health, but you never chased them with your PIV when there was actually nothing to stop you from killing it. And then there was this moment in the game where you attacked with a PIV, and retreated back to your base as soon as you saw an enemy AT gun. Instead, you could have just flanked the AT gun, kill that single conscript squad, and completely push him off the map. As far as I can see you're just relying too much on the big pak, but that kind of defensive play allowed your opponent to recover each time you nearly killed him.

Also some general micro tips: try to blob a little less, certainly when there's maxims around. Don't retreat an entire blob just because one gren is wounded. Use cover more frequently, and stay at range with grens. There was this early game encounter where you parked your grens out of cover next to an occupied building, which forced your gren to retreat.

Oh and one more thing. In the end game you were floating something like 700 fuel. You should have teched to panthers to finish the IS2s off, rather than getting an ostwind (you didn't even have that much trouble with infantry, it was just the IS2 that kept you from rampaging his infantry).
19 Jan 2015, 15:25 PM

Thanks for watching!

I have a question about fuel points. On map like faymoville, la glieze, langreska, if see that enemy is taking my fuel point, should I push for his fuel?
For example, I have right side of the map, opponent has left side.
I have units in the middle and I see that he is capturing my points. Should go back to protect them or should I push his side so I get left side and he gets right side (switching sides).

I have really bug problem what shall I do is such situations.
19 Jan 2015, 21:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

you should go for both sides simultaneously
20 Jan 2015, 09:30 AM

A squad of pios should go to harass the fuel( plant mines and cap the rest of the territory ) and send the rest of your army to defend the fuel point.
23 Jan 2015, 11:48 AM

You play ostheer?Didn't figure.
On the match..i would say leaving the zis guns was ur biggest mistake.
Followed by not getting tanks.You chose pak 43 and were too reliant on it to kill the is-2s.After initial surprise that wouldn't have worked.You needed panthers after that.Its very difficult to compete with soviet lategame without tiger or panther.
Pak 43 can be taken out by arty/offmap/katyusha or shock rush(if ur careless).
23 Feb 2015, 12:57 PM

Im losing all the time because of VPs...
I mean, in early game SU and USF can push me back really hard. MG won't suppress anything, I mean it will suppress but this does not prevent from molotov.
Im bleeding with VP really heavy.
In middle game, game is rather equal but Im already losing around 150-450.
In late game Im pushing back my enemy, Im on the straight way to win but Im losing cause of VPs.

Just now, I had a game vs top 70 SU player. I lost because of VPs but I was able to destory his IS2 without any tank, all I needed was 50more points to take control over whole map and finish him with Tiger.

Point is, how to play OST to prevent this damn VP bleeding?
23 Feb 2015, 16:01 PM

Playing OH is just an exercise in frustration once you hit a certain skillevel, especially on certain maps. Semois anyone?
That said, you have to play old school with Ostheer in the early game, especially against US, meaning, play compact, all your units need to be able to mutually support, deny flanks with wire and mines, focus on locking down 1/3 of the map including a VP, and survive the critical early light vehicle push. I could not disagree more with Romeo, if you attempt to spread out and fight multiple engagements at once you will as a rule lose all of them since Cons/Rifles beat Grens and M20s are fully able to kill a Gren squad out of position. Of course that does not mean you should not harass every now and then, but it is generally preferable to push with your main body of units methodically, win an engagement, and then cap.
Gxm
24 Feb 2015, 11:50 AM

As some ppl said above me, the key for win is to hold at least 1 vp and fuel in early game. Try to retreat with units on time even with full squads, doesnt matter if u lose encounters, just dont lose units u will profit from that in late game. Im trying always to lay at least 1-2 teller mines to key paths and get 1-2 paks or pak n pgrens with shrecks. So if u set up decent defence point with an mg and few units including AT weapons, u should be able to hold the vp. Another thing how to turn the game for you is to rush enemy fuel/cut offs. Get 1 squad just to rush it, probably pios and try to get there s-mines or something, once ur forced to retreat get there again and again, u will make him get him it back all the time and he will be less focused to attack you.
25 Feb 2015, 11:37 AM

Ok, and what say you about Rifles flamers blob?

I had a game yesterday with some Korean blobber on La Glieze. I held fuel, muni and 2 VPs (north spawn) for a quite long time. I killed his M20 really fast but double Rifles veterans with vet 3 were keeping me from moving forward so I decided to hold, put Pak40, and wait for Stug E.
But once he got captan and 57mm, using Stug E was not easy, yet that was not the problem.

Huge blob running around whole map.
Lt, Cpt and 4 Rifles with flamers were killing eveyrthing. Suppression from MG? Not a chance.
3 Grens with LMGs and PzGrens to hol them? Nice joke... Dying like flies while Rifles looked like immortal. Any tips how to fight with flamer blob?

And second thing.

How to fight with Airborne? Minsk Pocket. Very good game but Rifles, AA truck and Paras with LMGs were holidng me from middle VP for long enough.

Once I got a Tiger, P47 spam was ready.
I could this easily if I had 50more VPs cause my last push with 2 Tigers ends with losing 1 Tiger, but killing Sherman, Jackson and almost all infantry. He won only because of dropping Paras to retake point.

My point is, how to harass VPs as OST if it is so painful to play them.
26 Feb 2015, 15:37 PM

I wanted to make an Ostwind agaisnt P47 but then I realized that Ostwind is better at killing infantry than planes... So in fact as OST I have no counter play agasint P47.
As OKW or in 1v1 with OKW teammate, flaktruck and do wonders but Ostwind? Nah.

I like playing OST because its flexible faction with ATs, MGs, Mortars, Grens, PzGrens, then I can go for PzIV spam or Stuge E + Tiger. I can go for everything.

Other factions dont have such options. You must chose tier.

Bad things that it makes Ostheer more interesting but also the weakest faction.
26 Feb 2015, 19:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Flame post #11 invised

28 Feb 2015, 13:46 PM

I wanted to make an Ostwind agaisnt P47 but then I realized that Ostwind is better at killing infantry than planes... So in fact as OST I have no counter play agasint P47.

Ostwind at vet2 gets anti air boost .. So getting an early ostwind and keeping it alive will help against late game P47s.. it takes a lot of time to vet it up to 2 stars though..

Ostwind will come out a couple of mins before sherman and become useless on frnt line after Jacksons hit the field so somewhere in between if you can manage to vet it up its gonna help a lot agasint those thunderbirds.. ( Tiger ace doc should help)
28 Feb 2015, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 13:46 PMImSkemo

Ostwind at vet2 gets anti air boost .. So getting an early ostwind and keeping it alive will help against late game P47s.. it takes a lot of time to vet it up to 2 stars though..

Ostwind will come out a couple of mins before sherman and become useless on frnt line after Jacksons hit the field so somewhere in between if you can manage to vet it up its gonna help a lot agasint those thunderbirds.. ( Tiger ace doc should help)

In 1v1 I prefer normal Tiger over Tiger Ace.
In 1v1 you cant afford for Ostwind.
I mean, as Ostheer you will have hard time dealing during early-mid game. No resources to tech, not to mention to get Ostwind. And even tho, you will get Ostwind in mid-late game where there are plenty ATs so it will be hard to get vet.
Its more easier to get AA truck than Ostwind despite fuel starvation :huhsign:
28 Feb 2015, 14:38 PM

In 1v1 I prefer normal Tiger over Tiger Ace.
In 1v1 you cant afford for Ostwind.
I mean, as Ostheer you will have hard time dealing during early-mid game. No resources to tech, not to mention to get Ostwind. And even tho, you will get Ostwind in mid-late game where there are plenty ATs so it will be hard to get vet.
Its more easier to get AA truck than Ostwind despite fuel starvation :huhsign:

I feel Ostwind with panzer grenaider and pak support can deal with US quite well. ( I use elite troops ability to vet up pioneers for fast repairs) i only call Tiger ACE if im winning..
28 Feb 2015, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 14:38 PMImSkemo

I feel Ostwind with panzer grenaider and pak support can deal with US quite well. ( I use elite troops ability to vet up pioneers for fast repairs) i only call Tiger ACE if im winning..

Elite troops doctrine is amazing but I feel that normal Tiger can save the day at 11CP.
Waiting for 15CP call in can be often nail in the coffin.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★