Which kind of mines you prefer?
Option Distribution Votes
69%
31%
Total votes: 29
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Jan 2015, 21:50 PM

COH1 mines

The damage output to infantry is not really quite high, sometimes it may kill 1-2 guys depends on how the squad member sticked together, it always kill no one but just cut a lot of HP from the squad. Its big deal is causing an area suppression that can make a flank (or a blob) totally useless for at least 5 seconds, then you can point your infantry towards the target making the suppression continue, it is very useful to defend against flanking, or even blobs.

Cost: 25 muni

(But there is one thing stupid, it deals almost no damage to retreat squad, that you can use retreat to "sweep" the mines intentionally.)

Example: @time 11:14

COH2 mines (Soviet and OKW)

It applies AOE damage directly to infantry, no matter they are full health or not, the mine will kill, depends on how the squad member sticked together, in the current squad AI, it is usually a squad wipe (for axis). There is no suppression at all.

Cost: 30 muni

Example:

vs vehicle there are almost no difference.

17 Jan 2015, 22:05 PM

I agree with you the Coh1 mines were better because they were more consistent and tactically interesting. In addition, I think it is worth noting that in all of the asymmetrical balance mines were identical in vCOH.

Pretty sure we asked for this before and nothing happened. Maybe this time?
17 Jan 2015, 22:26 PM
Patrion 28

part of the problem with CoH2 mines is that they have 0 falloff and a big range. the tm-35/schu for example have 200 damage in radius 5... factor in squad bunching at corners and you'll wipe anytime the squad is moving "correctly" (no one getting hung up on cover, etc.)
17 Jan 2015, 22:39 PM

I on the other hand love the coh2 mines, they feel very deadly and feel like you need to mine sweep but usa do need proper mines
18 Jan 2015, 06:59 AM

coh1 mines are so much better, infact. everything about Vcoh is leagues ahead of coh2
18 Jan 2015, 07:24 AM

I like both versions but I think I prefer the variation with coh2 mines. The only mine in the game that I think needs a change is the "light anti vehicle" mine for USF. It's currently pretty pointless. Changing it to a light anti personnel mine that acts more like an S mine or keeping it as a light anti vehicle mine that costs a bit more but is like a schu mine that only detonates on vehicles would be good.
18 Jan 2015, 10:44 AM

Coh1 by far had superior mines both balance and that all factions has access to it. In coh1 a mine would prevent flanks by damaging the engine or pins enemy squads to prevent flanks. In coh2, mines can wipe squads and devastate vehicles. The consistency of the mines in coh1 is by far better than mines that are rng dependent in this game.
18 Jan 2015, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 21:50 PMPorygon

It applies AOE damage directly to infantry, no matter they are full health or not, the mine will kill, depends on how the squad member sticked together, in the current squad AI, it is usually a squad wipe (for axis). There is no suppression at all.

Cost: 30 muni

They used to do "Infantry Reaction" a few patches ago which was great. CoH1 mine suppression was very handy. Although Ostheer has S-minefield which is great to cover your flanks, I would like to see Soviet, OKW and those poor tiny useless American mines (can't remember the name) to suppress infantry a bit. At least for USF that would be great.
18 Jan 2015, 11:44 AM
Donator 11

Coh1 by far had superior mines both balance and that all factions has access to it. In coh1 a mine would prevent flanks by damaging the engine or pins enemy squads to prevent flanks. In coh2, mines can wipe squads and devastate vehicles. The consistency of the mines in coh1 is by far better than mines that are rng dependent in this game.

exactly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS