Login

russian armor

Conscripts AT grenade and Axis panzerfausts

17 Jan 2015, 15:07 PM

Hi all, sorry if this is a re-post , i am writing this in hope Relic sees this and addresses this issue and to hear your opinion on this.

We have all seen conscripts AT grenades being trown at a backing tank and simply following it even if tank makes a sharp turn, same goes for panzerfaust i have personally scored some crazy hits when tank backs arround a corner and my panzerfaust still hits it. Its ridiculous and it happens really often , not to mention that it can be a game breaker.
17 Jan 2015, 23:05 PM
Patrion 28

here's how it works: you tell your squad to use the ability at the targeted tank. if they get into range the begin the ability. a model starts the animation. anytime the animating model dies it get's passed to a different model unless the squad is wiped. once triggered it will hit unless the ability is cancled or the squad is wiped.

here's what would happen if it didn't work like this. either the tank would back out of range and the ability would stop and no one would ever snare anything or it would be target ground and be MASSIVELY skill based (and would probably suck because of it; Orb of the Omnissiah anyone?).
17 Jan 2015, 23:27 PM
Patrion 14

i think the problem is that those two abilities locks on as soon as their animations begin. i think they should lock like half way into the animation.

for i.e., faust locks when it is off of the grenadier's back and at nade locks when the conscript actually wind up to throw it.
17 Jan 2015, 23:28 PM
Patrion 28

then you have a harder time seeing the trigger point though. and what happens if the tank drives out before that? it just stops?
17 Jan 2015, 23:46 PM

IMO it is fine. You need just to get used to it.
Any other mechanic would be too hard to execute.
18 Jan 2015, 00:00 AM
Patrion 14

then you have a harder time seeing the trigger point though. and what happens if the tank drives out before that? it just stops?

yep. right now it is like touch football. i'm used to it, but almost all baseline infantries have the ability and more. i think it's just too easy to activate.
18 Jan 2015, 04:48 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, i see where you're coming from, i just think it would be worse for the overall meta if it wasn't like that...
18 Jan 2015, 05:16 AM

i think faust cannot go through buildings if the tank reverses behind it
18 Jan 2015, 07:47 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 05:16 AMNinjaWJ
i think faust cannot go through buildings if the tank reverses behind it

they can
nee
18 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM

I wouldn't really mind that if Riflemen's AT grenade can do the same, but not only does it not and have poor chance of critical, if the tank gets too close to the unit the entire thing cancels.
18 Jan 2015, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 23:27 PMpigsoup
i think the problem is that those two abilities locks on as soon as their animations begin. i think they should lock like half way into the animation.

for i.e., faust locks when it is off of the grenadier's back and at nade locks when the conscript actually wind up to throw it.

Then no vehicle below heavies would ever get hit and heavies would just deflect.
18 Jan 2015, 11:48 AM

Yeah i get your points guys, maybe it would unballance the game if it was different,but sometimes it just look silly :)
18 Jan 2015, 19:27 PM

you re not bothered that almost every at nade or faust causes an engine damage?
I would prefer if they only did normal damage and have engine damage only when hitting the rear armor? I d rather have engine damages only from mines or arty though.
18 Jan 2015, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 19:27 PMmrako
I would prefer if they only did normal damage and have engine damage only when hitting the rear armor? I d rather have engine damages only from mines or arty though.

WHO LET DA TIGERS OUT?
18 Jan 2015, 21:08 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 11:48 AMNinius
Yeah i get your points guys, maybe it would unballance the game if it was different,but sometimes it just look silly :)

it does. it's like when tanks with slow turrets shoot out the base of the turret at an angle not inline with the gun.
19 Jan 2015, 10:14 AM

that makes sense , if panzerfaust penetrated the front or side of tank if would likely kill half of the crew rather than cause engine damage, so i would go for damage the tank only rather than engine damage all the time.
19 Jan 2015, 13:19 PM
Patrion 14

As soon as the animation has started, your vehicle has already been snared; it just doesn't know it yet. You seem to entertain the silly notion that animations have anything to do with it.

It makes no sense whatsoever from a realism standpoint that :
- AT nade and faust have the same range.
- they seek and autohit anything as long as it was in range when the ability was clicked
- they damage engines and don't do much damage.

From a gameplay standpoint, and in the current meta, all of this makes sense. They are designed as snares and the rest just followed.

CoH1 had a more "realistic" approach to fausts and sticky bombs (at nade equivalent). Fausts were a last ditch damage dealer, and stickies would cancel the animation if the vehicle went out of the ability range, thus making it possible for vehicles to kite riflemen, which any Axis player worth his salt did, and which caused endless frustration.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have designed this system better in CoH2, but it's what we've got and we're stuck with it.
19 Jan 2015, 22:23 PM

As soon as the animation has started, your vehicle has already been snared; it just doesn't know it yet. You seem to entertain the silly notion that animations have anything to do with it.

Unless it is allied AT grenade.
19 Jan 2015, 23:22 PM
Patrion 14

Fair enough, deflections and bugged out behaviour notwithstanding.
23 Jan 2015, 10:43 AM

Engine damage is the major reason for using the ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★