Login

russian armor

Persistent disconnects in Lobby

15 Jan 2015, 12:26 PM

Hi fellow coh2-fans,

i need your help. im at the end of the line regarding my patience with coh2.

recently im unable to play coh2 most of the time. the game starts without any problems at all, but as soon as i enter the automatch lobby (clicking the automatch vs players button) the game will start to get those mini freezes most of you have already encountered ingame. these freezes occur within ~15 seconds of each other and after about 90 seconds i get kicked out of the lobby with a "you have been disconnected" message.
this happens about 90% of the time. when im actually able to search for a game without these freezes/disconnects, the game will get stuck finding matches (please wait...) about 80% of the time. i spent dozens of hours over the last couple of weeks trying to play...

ive tried every possible fix in my book. i forwarded every port even closely related to coh2 (yes including 443 tcp), i deactivated, even unistalled my antivirus, disabled firewalls (windows/router), validated game files, reinstalled coh2... all to no avail

the funny thing is: if someone invites me (im not the host of the lobby) the game works fine. even if the person leaves and im left in the lobby alone itll work. i can search and play just fine

so here i am, asking you, who might have a better understanding of computer related problems than i have, for help

im pretty close to quitting, because its such an enormous waste of time and i dont want to bother other ppl with invite requests everytime i want to play a couple of matches

cheers dave
16 Jan 2015, 05:05 AM
Patrion 28

are your pings ok? i don't have any good ideas here. but i can throw some ideas out...
16 Jan 2015, 09:50 AM

I guess server performance is at an all time low. I don't have your issues, but have other server related issues.

1. The connection to servers when you start the game is longer than ever.
2. Loading the loadout takes forever.
3. Going to the screen where you can start searching for games takes several seconds.
4. Input delay is at an all time low, something between 1 and 2 seconds.
5. I've never had as many freezes as I had during the last days.

relic-server-performance-at-an-all-time-low?
16 Jan 2015, 12:17 PM

are your pings ok? i don't have any good ideas here. but i can throw some ideas out...

pings are always fine for me. every other game i own is working fine. its just coh2...

i had the day of yesterday and despite literally trying hundreds of times over the course of the day, i couldnt play ONE FUCKING game. the invite "fix" doesnt seem to work anymore, too. i can only play if someone hosts the lobby. but then im a 1v1 player..... the anger i feel is real

i think its time to take a break from coh2. too bad because its the only game i really like to play at the moment
17 Jan 2015, 02:54 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, i would suggest uninstalling the game and coming back if something causes you to reinstall it. i'm debating doing that again myself, but for different reasons. also, if you do that, make sure you fill out the survey.
22 Jan 2015, 01:07 AM

it actually got worse after reinstalling the game... i managed to play 2 games since i last posted.
2v2 works fine if my AT partner invites me
but playing solo has become quite impossible

im going to call my ISP tomorrow (some of my freinds who use the same ISP told me about problems when playing games) maybe for some reason my ISP is to blame for losing connection to the relic battleserver
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★