Login

russian armor

Call in Ostheer 1v1 (Mechanised Assault)

14 Jan 2015, 03:19 AM

After watching Danes video today on the 250 halftrack (linked below) and seeing RedxWings strut it around a bit recently, I tried a few games tonight with a Mech assault doctrine build and using the call in's, bar the assgrens heavily. Was pretty fun to try something new and it does not diverge so far from the meta that its pudding either, or at least I think so with. Just thought i'd quickly throw it out there as i'm up awake anyways with the man flu! :)

Basic build is a standard 5 tier one units, e.g. 4 grens, 1 MG42 and healing bunker.If your facing USF, place two tellers if you can early on tight maps. On open maps, if they go liutenant, don't bother with this build as you need fast tech vs the inevitable light vehicle. Vs anything else..

Don't tech, wait for 3 cps and call in two Mechanised assault groups. You don't actually float that much I find in the very early game with reinforcement costs and the healing bunker.

By not teching, your saving essentially 320 mp and 60 fuel, once you include the costs of the t2 building. Way I see it, that is the cost of the two 250 halftracks covered, as they work out as 150 mp and 30 fuel per one. So 300 mp and 60 fuel combined for both of them. Two Pgren squads is allot of AI and you can get access to the Shrecks without teching. This changed at some point, as originally when the doctrine came out, you needed the tech to upragde the assault groups.

So your saving on the nasty sunk costs of Ostheer tech in the early game, in favor of more units quicker. Pretty simple deductive logic from here, if they go for a light-medium armour, upgrade shrecks as need be (2 does vs t-70/Stuart/Greyhound, 4 is needed vs medium tanks) and use the halftracks to flank or Pgrens in cover/buildings to play defensive. If your far behind in fuel (you'll know, you need paks, although tbh its a bit all in, if the two mech groups did not swing the early game in your favour, then your probably fecked anyways..)

If they save for calls ins, use pios with flamers in the halftracks and keep Pgrens vanilla. If its call in tanks before 11 cps, get Shrecks at an approximate time you think the tanks will hit and lay a teller or two (since you have no LMGS)

Either way, a Stug E is always useful to throw into the mix at 6 cps and your ofc gonna get a Tiger once available (11 cps). After that, you might want to tech to get access to a PAK and LMG upgrades for the grens.

14 Jan 2015, 13:40 PM

Be careful with using 250 halftrack against infantry with flamers, especially penals because of 6-man durability. Flamers can damage your pgrens right inside the vehicle often causing more manpower bleed than you do with them.

In other cases it is quite durable.
Rifleman and Conscripts rifles have 9% chance to penetrate it.
It takes 3 AT nades hits to destroy it.

250 Halftrack stats
HitPoints240.0
Armor11.0
Rear armor5.5
Max speed7.2
Pop5.0
Cost time40.0
Cost manpower200.0
Cost fuel30.0

14 Jan 2015, 14:11 PM
Patrion 14

I've played a couple of Mech Assault games recently but I actually always go for T2. I really like having paks, and I'll just get my PGrens from T2 rather than with the halftrack. There's no reason to save more fuel anyway, because you'll have plenty for at least a Stug E and a Tiger when you're not teching to T3.
14 Jan 2015, 14:45 PM

I'm not sure, but can't the Sov sniper kill entities inside the Sdkfz?
14 Jan 2015, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 14:11 PMCptEend
I've played a couple of Mech Assault games recently but I actually always go for T2. I really like having paks, and I'll just get my PGrens from T2 rather than with the halftrack. There's no reason to save more fuel anyway, because you'll have plenty for at least a Stug E and a Tiger when you're not teching to T3.

Tbh, I find on some maps at least in the 1v1 pool, Allies have such a early-mid game advantage because of the map designs favouring mid-close range fights, that it can be difficult to keep a healthy fuel and muni income. The tech between t1 and t2, which costs about 300 manpower and 60 fuel hurts early on. The call in and delaying/skipping the tech I have found gives you a boost early on. Not field tested enough, but I found it something a wee bit different and fun.

Mind you, t2 is a staple of pretty much every Ostheer build so common sense should be applied and kept in mind :)

@ Gustav, yes, but I do not believe it is 100% accuracy, more like 50% chance iirc.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Germany 195
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %