Login

russian armor

Some help with Wehr in 1v1

7 Jan 2015, 13:37 PM

I really wish we could get some more guides for 1v1 play, instead of a bunch abut team games(I know those modes are more popular, but 1v1 help is usually L2P or watch stream from Pros).

I need some help against USF, watch the replay and any advice would be much appreciated.

My biggest problem is the Scott: That thing wipes EVERYTHING. Can't get close enough to Faust due to Bar blob covering and Scott killing on advance, hard to Pak40 it as well due to the same.
Then he can just spam P47s(3 times!) to hold my Tiger back and still kill it while it is in base.
7 Jan 2015, 14:04 PM

Not many Pros in twitch Kappa

Only Jesulin in my opinion and he stream no many times. Maybe Giap too, but he streams no many times too ...

Ok, so if you play ostheer vs usf.

Your only chance to resist early game vs rifle is 2 mg42s + 3 grens.

t-2 ready for counter stuart or M20, AA HT.

If M20, make a 222.

If stuart, make a pak40.

If AA ht, make a pak 40.

After wait stug e and tiger Kappa

Make LMG on grens and in some map like semois summer, make a HT, really good for renforce because the map is small.

If he makes a scott, it's a real big chance for you, because he has no mobil counter of your stug e ... + sherman have a big better impact than scott, you can push with your inf and stug e easy.
7 Jan 2015, 15:41 PM

@Up vs AA HT solo MG with high armor piercing rounds should win (also SC but you must got good micro and trying to beat him at front when he can can not shooting to your sc)
Vs Stuart, you can also try counter it by SC with Faust or double SC but I think, in 1v1, it is waste of resources.

Anyway, it is special tactics :S I just recommend to build 4 grens, 2 hmg (mortar is also good choice on small maps) and 2 paks into what you want
8 Jan 2015, 13:44 PM

Thanks for the advice, I will need to try it out against my next USF opponent(although with those stupid super-soldier exploits revealed I might have to take a forced break from the game).

I also got some advice from another member of the forum on the replay thread, that I needed to push more for one point rather than spreading out. My micro is decent, but my map control I believe is where I am lacking. As Wher I am realizing that I need to group my stuff more and push with more of my army on one point, due to not having the large number of infantry that the Allies can afford early. I am used to playing OKW or Soviets where I can recruit lots of cheap early troops and spread out forcing the opponent to react widely. Gren squads just can't do that and need to be (I hate to use this term) blobbed towards a side of the map.
8 Jan 2015, 15:53 PM

If you looking for alternative tactics to fight the US try the Mechanised Assault Doctrine. Assault grenadiers let you counter riflemen earlier on, letting you focus on map control. Assuming that you have the doctrine.

Oh by the way it is Wehr.
8 Jan 2015, 17:05 PM

All those recomendation to build a lot of crew weapons - I might forseen those would be end in USF hands
8 Jan 2015, 17:10 PM

If you looking for alternative tactics to fight the US try the Mechanised Assault Doctrine. Assault grenadiers let you counter riflemen earlier on, letting you focus on map control. Assuming that you have the doctrine.

Oh by the way it is Wehr.

Huh, might as well call it Ostheer, since I know how to spell that. My problem with Assault grens is that they don't scale well and smart USF players will back away from advancing Assault Grens. Plus at 280MP and 28 to reinforce they are a big manpower drain on already a very MP draining match.

I find that Ostheer just can't lose much, compared to any other faction. I mean OKW can build and lose the Kubel Wagon in the first 5 minutes and be fine, same with Cons or a M3 for Soviets and a Riflemen for USF. I just feel the effects of losing even one unit early with Ostheer so much more than with any other faction. From my experience of testing Assault Grens, they are a throw away unit once the first Bars come out, since they can't compete (They need a Stg44 upgrade or a Armor buff at Vet 2).

Here is a replay of a victory over Soviets with Mech Assault:
8 Jan 2015, 19:40 PM

Huh, might as well call it Ostheer, since I know how to spell that. My problem with Assault grens is that they don't scale well and smart USF players will back away from advancing Assault Grens. Plus at 280MP and 28 to reinforce they are a big manpower drain on already a very MP draining match.

I find that Ostheer just can't lose much, compared to any other faction. I mean OKW can build and lose the Kubel Wagon in the first 5 minutes and be fine, same with Cons or a M3 for Soviets and a Riflemen for USF. I just feel the effects of losing even one unit early with Ostheer so much more than with any other faction. From my experience of testing Assault Grens, they are a throw away unit once the first Bars come out, since they can't compete (They need a Stg44 upgrade or a Armor buff at Vet 2).

Here is a replay of a victory over Soviets with Mech Assault:

Forget Assault Grens...they are horrible. Going 3-4 grens into 1 MG is your safest bet. I open with 4 Grens then Tech tier 2 to be rdy for any vehicle play.

If you dont see an early M20 gor for the MG...if you do, get a Scout Car and the cannon upgrade.

You are also right about staying grouped up. And KEEP your Grens at Farthest range when fighting Riflemen...they are more efficient there. All you have to do as Oshteer early is hold on to a fuel and munis point. Choose one side of the map and keep your grens close to each other. Also s_mines can help ...place on fuel point.

As Quentin said...get LMGs and maybe a 5th Gren (or 2nd MG, but I prefer Grens)...some Paks (I get 2)....maybe a Stug E (if you go Mechanized) ...by the time you get StugE (around 10-12min) you should start to push US back and regain larger parts of the map.
13 Jan 2015, 12:07 PM

Quit versus USF unless ur better skilled than him.Really wehrmacht right now is just a dose of depressant.
15 Jan 2015, 18:58 PM

IMO you need to have a lot of luck as well as skill vs USF , its depressing to see 2 of your models fall in that firts volley against USF , you can micro all you want you cant stop thing like that.
Mg and 2 or 3 grens and then mortar or another mg have worked for me :)
16 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM

I just started playing 1v1 as Ostheer as well and I must say that Ass Grens are great.
I don't make them at the beginning - I don't want my opponent to gain intel about my doctrine.
I usually go 2x Grens, 2x MGs and then Assault Grens, thery are awesome to capture points because your enemy will try to push you, where you have Grens and MG (to cut you or take your fuel) so to stop losing points he will send 1 squad which is perfect for Assault Grens. They are also great vs units inside buildings.

They are not frontline infantry. I'm using them as support unit and they are doing great in such role.

Versus USF I find only 1 option. Grens, Mgs and then double mortar. Without mortars it's gg but with mortars you can protect yourself really well.

My biggest problem is Sherman. I can't go for PzIV so I have to rely on Paks40 and this is most important thing to forsee when Sherman will strike so my two paks40 will be ready.

In late game when I get Elephant (on wide maps) it's gg for USF.
I find this doctrine (Elephant+AT mines+Stuka) as the best on maps like Langreska, you should try it.

Like said before, until 7-8min I'm pushed back really hard by USF but since double mortars it's completly different game. Mortars are deadly vs USF blobs.
16 Jan 2015, 23:19 PM

I love the Gwher34 mortar. :wub:
16 Jan 2015, 23:50 PM
Donator 22

Hey mate, i watch your first replay and my advise is to keep your troops together in the early game to outgun the rifles! Double grens make short work of rifles! ;) Then i noticed that you cap enemy territory only nearest to your own points, on several occasions your pionier squad went south to cap the muni point. I'd recommend moving them straight to the cutoff as harassment! Your opponnent has to react to this to keep his income high, i think the fightingposition was a bit misplaced so you could have scouted the arc of fire and then move where it cant fire. I will go over the replay again tomorrow and will work out some other points but thats what i remember from watching it last night! Hope this helps you for now! ;)
17 Jan 2015, 15:05 PM

Indeed the mortar is very handy vs USf,but pressure is often too much vs good players that u won't be able to hold the line with lesser frontline units and get pushed/outcapped.
26 Jan 2015, 14:17 PM

The mortar can be good, as it can turn Engagements in your favor, and partially negates cover.
However, it loses to Pack Howitzers or Scotts, and doesn't much help against the biggest Problem with USF: Riflemen just straight-up overrunning you.

One more thing I'd like ton add is that the Puma from the Mobile Defense Doctrine is pretty good against USF vehicles, due to its high speed, and the low armor of USF vehicles. And the rest of that Doctrine isn't bad against the USF either.
27 Jan 2015, 12:00 PM

USF are good early game (cause of the Riflemen) and i like to get an early HMG just to stop there advance. Then i go for 3 gren squads to help me with capping, and after them a mortar. Try to always harass the fuel point.
30 Jan 2015, 20:38 PM

I have been using osttruppen again US very successfully. I find that my sheer numbers can hold them at bay until the panzers come to play.
30 Jan 2015, 20:47 PM

I want to make guide, but i have not the level for be a strategist :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
Germany 1
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L