Login

russian armor

Countering dual m3 pushes

7 Jan 2015, 11:05 AM

Hi,

What build orders do you guys start with to counter dual m3 rushes in 1v1/2v2 (around 3:00 minute mark).

I'm guessing this could work:

Volks, Volks, Volks, T2, Volks, Flak, T1

I've also seen T1 starts with Volks, Volks, Volks, T1, mg34, Volks etc.

Would having a kubel wagon work too? It could act as bait and do some minor DPS. It would also need a clear/shot retreat path back to base. Though, I think a kubel could work better against a single m3 opening, but not 2 m3s.
8 Jan 2015, 04:44 AM

Hi,

Volks, Volks, Volks, T2, Volks, Flak, T1

I've also seen T1 starts with Volks, Volks, Volks, T1, mg34, Volks etc.

If i had already deployed medic truck and he goes penals i will immediately get a raketn they will one shot M3s ( or bring them down to 5% which your infy can finish off).
and i always plant a defensive mine after first shreck if i see penals around.
16 Jan 2015, 09:12 AM

Look in the Fog of War to spot what tier your Soviet opponent is going. If you see T2, make your build order like this

Volk > Volk > Volk > Mech HQ > AA HT

Skip the kubel as soon as you spot T1, as it's very likely that T1 player will build at least one M3 and your kubel will be die very easily. Until you get the AA HT out, try keep your Volks together and get at least one shrek so your opponent can't force a full route and take map control.

Once the AA HT comes out, hunt down the M3(s) with your volks and AA HT. The flak HT ABSOLUTELY TEARS APART the paper thin armour of the M3. If it's in a 1v1 most opponents will straight up rage quit once you kill 2 M3's. Happens sometimes in 2v2's as well.
25 Jan 2015, 00:22 AM

Build a Kübel and use it to bait those M3s over mines. While you might think that rushing a schreck is more important I have to disagree. Good players will just push your first schreck squad making it unable to fire, wiping it in the end.
25 Jan 2015, 01:19 AM

If you go Kubel, keep your sturm pios near it at all times, kubel does actually do solid damage to an M3 as long as it doesnt get the Kubel alone. Sturm pios up close shred M3s. You could place a mine, but generally a safer option involves saving for a shreck. Number 1 think you can do against M3s (or dodge truck for that matter) is group up, and sit back in cover. M3 itself does little damage and Soviet infantry does very poorly at range.

Think of M3s like wolves vs a bear. Alone, the bear will wipe the floor and start picking you apart. Together however the M3 cannot do very much.

Another thing you can do is wire places up. M3 does not have medium crush and therefore you can limit the was it can come at you, and even in some cases use it as a wall to stop the M3s from running you down.

Worst thing you can do is hard retreat everything in the area. If you see an M3 and think you are about to get overrrun by other stuff as well do not turn tail, the M3 will just chase you down. Soft retreat is key.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★