Login

russian armor

Whats the US end game plan?

6 Jan 2015, 14:41 PM

Assuming early game goes very well, what's the end-game to maximise control and push for a win?

I feel like every game i play a great early, dominating and getting out much faster tech then my opponent. Then as the mid advances into late i just start losing engagements to veteran Wehr/OKW blobs with AT support and i find it impossible to get back into the match unless he makes a mistake. How do i capitalize on my strong early game domination? Should i go Shermans before Jacksons? I feel like i start losing hold when the enemy tanks start hitting the field.
6 Jan 2015, 16:21 PM

P47 Rocket strafe thats about it.... Otherwise I hope you've got excellent Jackson Micro
6 Jan 2015, 17:47 PM

To be aggressive in enough in early to mid game so your enemy is always on the defensive, wiping volks shreck squads early on with Sherman or rifles.

Trick with the Sherman is to run into single volks squads early on and prevent them from getting more than one shot while killing as much as you can forcing them to retreat or wiping them, also suppressing blobs before you charge with your tanks will force them to retreat as it takes longer to fire a shreck when suppressed.

The late game for US is to have wrecked your opponent so badly there is no late game.

Do you play 1v1 or team games?
6 Jan 2015, 18:48 PM

in 1v1 its shermans + jacksons + airborne + p-47 or E8 or other stuff.

in 2v2+ its m8 scotts + jacksons + whatever
6 Jan 2015, 19:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Stuarts Scotts* [edit] are great for cutting down hordes of infantry. If you need field presence and something to help hold the lines, get a Sherman instead.

6 Jan 2015, 20:55 PM

To be aggressive in enough in early to mid game so your enemy is always on the defensive, wiping volks shreck squads early on with Sherman or rifles.

Trick with the Sherman is to run into single volks squads early on and prevent them from getting more than one shot while killing as much as you can forcing them to retreat or wiping them, also suppressing blobs before you charge with your tanks will force them to retreat as it takes longer to fire a shreck when suppressed.

The late game for US is to have wrecked your opponent so badly there is no late game.

Do you play 1v1 or team games?

Hmm, i can dominate the field early very easily but cannot guarantee i will kill entire squads in the early-mid. It seems like no matter how many points i control, his income is enough to take him into the mid game with a tank.

P47 Rocket strafe thats about it.... Otherwise I hope you've got excellent Jackson Micro

Usually only enough muni for 2-3 strafes at this point. Its a great call in but doesnt guarantee anything.

Stuarts are great for cutting down hordes of infantry. If you need field presence and something to help hold the lines, get a Sherman instead.

I like to go for a half-track after LT.

6 Jan 2015, 21:30 PM

Kill all the stuff with Arty. Either IR pathfinder arty to kill OKW truck/blobs or Priest (dont get untill late/late game 35min+, get Jackson and Sherman first) Armor company arty is sick aswell. Crush and use Sherman vet2 speed + HE and crush oneshot all the enemy squads. GG
6 Jan 2015, 22:06 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 20:55 PMdTox

Did I honestly say Stuarts? Herp derp, meant to say Scotts.

6 Jan 2015, 22:13 PM

If you have a big advantage, you can try to skip the halftrack and save the fuel for sherman. If you can maintain your advantage and skip the halftrack you can have the sherman out at 11-12 mins. It's a real pain in the ass especially for the Wehr player.
7 Jan 2015, 07:28 AM

You shoudld skip the half track, you need to tech as fast as you can to get your first Sherman out.

Otherwise if you need an early vehicle the m20 is cheaper. is useful early game for hunting weapons teams, kubels, unshrecked volks, sturms, and setting up mines that will aid you in killing in the first tank or light vehicle that comes on the field.

M20 crew's bazooka combined with vetted rifleman +at rifle nade can deal with most light vehicles early on.

7 Jan 2015, 12:41 PM

You shoudld skip the half track, you need to tech as fast as you can to get your first Sherman out.

Otherwise if you need an early vehicle the m20 is cheaper. is useful early game for hunting weapons teams, kubels, unshrecked volks, sturms, and setting up mines that will aid you in killing in the first tank or light vehicle that comes on the field.

M20 crew's bazooka combined with vetted rifleman +at rifle nade can deal with most light vehicles early on.

I just assumed this was a sucky piece of crap, did not realize it had a bazooka team inside and could lay mines. Will definitely check this out, thanks.
7 Jan 2015, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 12:41 PMdTox

I just assumed this was a sucky piece of crap, did not realize it had a bazooka team inside and could lay mines. Will definitely check this out, thanks.

Yeah, it has probably the most powerful AT mine in the game as it destroys outright most light vehicles and damages and cripples the heaviest , though it does cost 60 muni and the crew has only one bazooka, which is generally fine for early game light vehicles.

If can you carefully micro this unit it really pays off.

Oh and one other thing it is a scout vehicle so it has a pretty good sight range so it can scout for Jackson later on.
8 Jan 2015, 04:22 AM

AAHT isnt bad either you can pretty much seal the deal with this unit, if i see an aggressive medic truck placment, i will cancel the M20 and go straight for this, by the the time it comes out there will be only 1 shreck squad. if you can deal with them with your rifles AAHT can deal with the rest and if he retreats to FHQ its game over for him you can lock him there with AAHT and kill all his units and his HQ before a raketn arrives. you need to be very aggressive when this comes out as this has a small window before he can get raketns.
8 Jan 2015, 09:25 AM

VS OKW
If you go for a AAHT, be ready to buy some zooks and scout for his t1/t2, when you found the truck, make a general move to kill it quickly, if you managed to keep alive your RE squads, equip them with zooks otherwise a riflesquad. If you manage well your AATH, you shouldn't need BARs in that early but more AT capabilities.

Be careful, sometime OKW feels weak at start because he decides to rush T3 and place his truck in a strategic point to hold enough to pump out a Luch. here again, AATH + Zooks is a good combo to keep it at distance.
But in fact, in this situation you should have scout and found the truck before he built it.

VS Ostheer, Every time you decrew one of his support weapon, capture it. Your biggest threat is his Pak, you definitively need to keep alive your AATH, so here again, scout and focus it, if you manage to capture it, it is normally won.
The Utility Car is good, but to not use it frontally, your first target with should be his capping units. So you move it from left to right to make him retreat his flank units and when you attack always try to use it to flank while using a riflesquad to scout where his support/pak weapons are.

You've got 3 commanders with interesting arty capability vs Ostheer:
Rifle company phosphorous + excellent flare capability.
Inf company mortar with phosphorous barrage
Reco company with IRsquad and their deadly arty barrage.

Something you have to learn is Axis factions always have enough fuel to make your mid game a pain in the ass same if you outplay him early game.

Second point is: If he resists and does not leave the game. You're pretty sure he is going to reinforce his AT capability waiting for his Tiger/Panther/KT/Whatever super late game unit.
So rushing Sherman isn't the right thing to do every time. He'll have 2 paks and wait for you + Mgs in cover.
You must consider the game is going to last long and prepare for it. Deny him maximum territory by harassing his capping units. Build a M20 and mine strategic points, build a scott and harass his front line etc... And when you decide to attack, make sure you have use everything to kick out his support weapons first, this means a good barrage strike. Here again, bait him with a couple of riflesquad and use your sherman to flank him.
8 Jan 2015, 13:42 PM

I think the best thing to do and what I notice NO ONE else using against OKW is to make it your mission to take out his FlakHQ as soon as its built. Because lets face it whats the problem in 1v1 as OKW?

Luchs
Obers
and
Panthers.

The Flaktruck builds all these things. It also costs 80 fuel so taking it out is a HUGE delay to Panther production.

I myself NEVER go for the AAHT vs OKW instead I go fast Cap. Once the Cap is out I build an ATG cap up to outside his FLAKHQ range and build an FP with an MG to suppress the blob that WILL come. Then target the ATG into the FOW at the FlakHQ.

Works a treat. This extends the early game and if successful is often an outright win. Also as an added benefit you need not worry about the OKW HT or Pumas or Luchs because you already have an ATG. And having the ability to replace your units almost instantly with the Cap is huge for me since I play aggressive. The time to build USF armor is so damn painful but with the Cap you can spit them out Soviet Industry Style.
22 Sep 2015, 14:06 PM

USe sherman to kill infantry and use Jackson stay behind to snipe vehicles.
22 Sep 2015, 14:13 PM

22 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM

You guys are relying too much on tanks.2-3 paks and all ur tanks are useless.

Try to equip your inf with bars after mid game and force him to spread out his squads so you can easily snipe one after another and dont have to fight his blobs.
24 Sep 2015, 03:59 AM

Make a giant RE blob with LMGs, I'm talking like 8 to 10. Then you need some Jacksons or Wolverines.

1) it's nice to have Pathfinders in your deathblob. Give them BARs, too.

2) A pack howie also compliments a huge deathblob.

3) mechanized company is great for RE blob play; a well microed M3 can provide frontline reinforcement, and mech arty is always great to have.

4) if you go airborne deathblob and somehow are floating MP, consider paratroopers...with bazookas. Supported by the the LMG RE hoard, dual zook paratrooper squads offer the most durable AT infantry you can get. Plus they can wing grenades, and reinforce anywhere. No more than two of these though.

5) your captain: when pushing with blob, have him lead the charge, use On Me!, then your deathblob will murder all troops, and Jacksons/Wolverines will kill all tanks. Success!

6) sometimes your on defensive though. If this happens have captain go to base and supervise production of RE troops. It doesn't matter if you already have 7 squads: if you can afford to make a new squad and give BAR, (160 MP+60 muni) supervise production on barracks and do it. Your HQ sector, lategame, could look like a RE factory where you keep churning them out no matter what. If your at 60 popcap, and have 180 munis, build 3 RE squads with supervise production. MP bleed doesn't matter with them, they always punch over their weight so your economy will stabilize assuming you decrew vehicles when needed and don't get your REs wiped.

7) don't forget the power of baserape. If your enemy turtles hard in one point, a quick raid into his base where you take out turrets, call down arty, etc can play mind games and hinder with your opponent.

8) a quick review on armor: Sherman's on the flanks and tanking/smoke on the frontline, Jacksons mobile snipers not afraid to flank at a wide angle, and hmc cheap spammable early pressure option that is good for using over shot blockers.
9 Oct 2015, 14:14 PM

I like going Infantry Commander for the LMGs

Is the Priest worth it in endgame? How to best use it? Pack Howitzers are easy as you just set them up somewhere and they fire on their own. But do you micro the priests targets or use mainly barrage or use attack move behind your Blob/tanks?

Also peoples saying in this thread that 2 Scotts (meaning the M8A1 howitzer right?) are amazing but if I build them I can't build much Antitank right? What to do against Panthers then, one Jackson does not cut it. Build 3 AT guns or crazy stuff like that?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★