Duclair
McGechaen's War
Point Du Hoc
Wolfheze
Montargis Region
Route N13
Steel Pact

http://www.ign.com/wikis/company-of-heroes/Maps

When you say "high quality port" what exactly are you referencing? I see lots of ports on the steam workshop (some really suck btw) but what exactly sets one aside as 'High Quality'?

I've done one for Angoville and another for Wrecked Train (absolutely awesome map) and I'd be keen to port some more over but I see others have in the past and they aren't popular so I don't bother.
6 Jan 2015, 14:58 PM
Senior Editor Badge

When you say "high quality port" what exactly are you referencing? I see lots of ports on the steam workshop (some really suck btw) but what exactly sets one aside as 'High Quality'?

high quality = Relic or MonolithicBacon standards

its sad too see the majority of custom maps in workshop with low quality :(

lack of optimization, lack of good design, a lot of bridge/choke points maps, lack of cutoffs....the list goes on...
7 Jan 2015, 05:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yea, mapping isn't easy, you can do the basic design by putting down splines of road and wall and buildings, but the map will only look good if you have experience with the eyecandy. I always found OnkleSam's maps to be a very high standard when it came to quality. I've tried to make good maps for CoH2, but as it's so time consuming i rarely do any anymore. I had alot of maps for vcoh tho. :)

Agreed with nigo, i miss duclair so much!
7 Jan 2015, 07:06 AM
Patrion 15

This is one of my favorite maps, and perfectly laid out for 3v3. I played a few matches on it earlier today, and it is really well done. There are a few things that might need tweaking, but overall it looks great and is a lot of fun.
7 Jan 2015, 07:12 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We would be happy to feature this map in a newspost on the portal. If you're interested, get in touch with one of the many staff members who have shown their faces in this thread, and start preparing the post w/ text, images, a portal highlight (850x250px) and perhaps an embedded video.
7 Jan 2015, 07:16 AM

Nice! My favorite 3v3 vCoH map!! The fuels and ammo points don't look right, but I guess it is close enough to the original. Keep up da good work! Also, are the hedgerows still there? They were annoying, but an important part of the map imo.
7 Jan 2015, 12:28 PM

This is one of my favorite maps, and perfectly laid out for 3v3. I played a few matches on it earlier today, and it is really well done. There are a few things that might need tweaking, but overall it looks great and is a lot of fun.

Glad that you like it! Could you point out the things that might need tweaking? We are currently gathering feedback to identify and fix issues that might be present.

We would be happy to feature this map in a newspost on the portal. If you're interested, get in touch with one of the many staff members who have shown their faces in this thread, and start preparing the post w/ text, images, a portal highlight (850x250px) and perhaps an embedded video.

Cool! Will do :)

Nice! My favorite 3v3 vCoH map!! The fuels and ammo points don't look right, but I guess it is close enough to the original. Keep up da good work! Also, are the hedgerows still there? They were annoying, but an important part of the map imo.

Hey, yes the hedgerows are still an integral part of the map. The sector layout has changed quite a bit youre right and therefore we had to choose new locations for the important key-points here and there. We thought having the munition points in the center part of the map and the fuel sectors in the north/south ensures that the center doesent become too important, as that would mean that other regions would be neglected. But again: If you feel that the current sector layout doesent work out too well let us know.
8 Jan 2015, 16:21 PM
Patrion 15

Senseo and I are working on a write up for this :D So excited!
8 Jan 2015, 16:37 PM

Johns, RNG vs TAB to show off this map? Somebody else could cast the game.
8 Jan 2015, 16:49 PM

Would be cool to watch!
8 Jan 2015, 16:50 PM

And Zupadupadude as well of course!
8 Jan 2015, 17:59 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Glad to hear it :thumb:
9 Jan 2015, 06:55 AM
Donator 22

played it yesterday, liked it!
Far better than the other Red Ball Express, also available in the Workshop.
Thank you!
9 Jan 2015, 17:33 PM

Awesome! :)

There is going to be a small update to the map soon, containing some minor fixes and improvements. If youve got anything that you'd like to see being changed please let us know.
30 Jan 2015, 16:33 PM

Bump. TAB has played the heck out of this map now. It is great. I'll be bringing this up with the Relic map team next time I'm in their office.
1 Feb 2015, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2015, 16:33 PMNapalm
I'll be bringing this up with the Relic map team next time I'm in their office.

There is no Relic map team. :D
6 Mar 2015, 13:39 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

When there are 4 players USF NORTH-SOUTH. No corridors so they cannot move units to north-south.
The tanks have blocks in some areas. The players likes move with amplitude.

south

north
4 Sep 2015, 13:36 PM

Hey guys,

Zupa and I have released a major update to the map yesterday, however, there is one big issue:

We need feedback.

We need feedback particularly regarding gameplay (balance, cover placement, key locations), pathfinding and of course bugs we might have not seen ourselves yet.

Grab a couple of friends ,play the map and if you find the time please leave a comment in this topic or of course the workshop itself.

We'd be really happy to see what you think.

The update should be downloaded automatically for those of you who already subscribed to the map. For everyone else: The link can be found in the first post.

Known issues:

- The large manor at the southern victory point cannot be garrisoned by infantry. As this issue appears on other maps as well, we think that it is a bug with the building itself and not our usage of it in our map.
4 Sep 2015, 17:08 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Spend me Red Ball Express vanilla of COH1. I want to see some things
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment