Login

russian armor

How to deal with OKW blobs?

4 Jan 2015, 04:54 AM

Guy guys/gals.

I am so sick in tired of OKW blobs... They can basically run about and do whatever they please. Late game its a little less of a problem if you have rocket trucks on the field or massive mgs and motors but even that doesn't do much if there are 2-4 blobs running around. Its just so freaking broken to me or am I missing something?

Do you guys have any suggestions at all on how to deal with this?
4 Jan 2015, 05:35 AM

Just bring things up that destroy blob´s! It´s not OKW, so please dont blame the faction for it, i think it is more a player based problem of how people play the game (skill bla bla).

OKW has just volks so what can they do else? Raketen for at? - No Vehicels for at? - No so you just have volks to deal with opponent Vehicels. There is nothing left, OKW really needs adjustment!
4 Jan 2015, 23:20 PM

Just bring things up that destroy blob´s! It´s not OKW, so please dont blame the faction for it, i think it is more a player based problem of how people play the game (skill bla bla).

OKW has just volks so what can they do else? Raketen for at? - No Vehicels for at? - No so you just have volks to deal with opponent Vehicels. There is nothing left, OKW really needs adjustment![/quote

That was the point of my question... Whats the best way to deal with infantry blobs?
5 Jan 2015, 08:35 AM

1. Demolition charges.
2. 2-3 Maxims
3. Drive your Katyusha up close to reduce the scatter, aim for the blob and see wipes everywhere.
4. A bigger blob of shock troops
5. mortars
6. Artillery
5 Jan 2015, 08:47 AM

Are you playing team games or 1v1?

USF or Soviet?

Soviet have the most anti-blob units/abilities of any faction in the game.

USF don't really have much. Counter blobbing BAR'd rifles is probably the best bet (seems to be what almost every USF player does anyway) backed up with a Scott or two
5 Jan 2015, 20:38 PM

1. Demolition charges.
2. 2-3 Maxims
3. Drive your Katyusha up close to reduce the scatter, aim for the blob and see wipes everywhere.
4. A bigger blob of shock troops
5. mortars
6. Artillery

Thanks. I know this stuff seems kinda obvious but I wanted to see what people were using. For me its the stuff right in front of me that I miss.

Personally I was using motors, demos, and fear propaganda.
6 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

Try to use a surprise crush rush with your T-34s.
6 Jan 2015, 18:39 PM

7 Jan 2015, 05:39 AM

OKW has just volks so what can they do else? Raketen for at? - No Vehicels for at? - No so you just have volks to deal with opponent Vehicels. There is nothing left, OKW really needs adjustment!

oh im sure it's just player skill... i guess top players aren't skilled enough then ahaha!
8 Jan 2015, 15:08 PM

Thanks. I know this stuff seems kinda obvious but I wanted to see what people were using. For me its the stuff right in front of me that I miss.

Personally I was using motors, demos, and fear propaganda.

what they are trying to say here..well accept the Axis fanboys is yes this is a huge problem, Soviets are dominated by OKW infantry, because they cannot skirmish the map elsewhere and maintain a force to match the blob.

let me explain, at the start of the game OKW get an assault pio squad, which can kill a con squad, therefore this unit prevents soviet being aggressive at the start, now imagine that units with the first gren squad against your engineer and one con squad, again you have lost the engagement, this situation continues with like for like skilled players especially as Soviets have to invest a hefty amount to upgrade to meds.

Now Soviets get tier 1 or 2 to overcome this discrepancy, the cost of doing this also puts the Soviets on the back foot as far as units in the field are concerned, they are now outgunned and outnumbered, the maxim can hold back the hoard temporarily, but doesn't kill anything, it just suppresses, but soviets are still losing units, the animation to throw a Molotov can cost Soviets squad members, this leaves Soviets bleeding manpower regardless of which tier they go for.

Tier 1 is worse, its 60 ammo before you get flame on your expensive but prior to flame pretty useless penal squad, when you get flame you stick him in a clown car and chase OKW off the field until knowing your plan because he saw tier 1 OKW react with a racketen and one shot your clown car if in its engagement's it took even minimal small arms damage.

you will never outnumber the OKW hoard so you have to manage it, tier two maxims coupled with cons is the only feasible way to do it, or if your an epic player you may be able to spam 6 cons and go for fast T34 although I find this strat hard to recommend some have had success with it.

now Soviets still must either go fast T34 or Tier 2 if they started with tier 1, most times it has to be tier 2 as your useless map control with tier 1, so now you have tier 1 and 2 and cons, this is horrible for soviets, the faction was designed to be con spammed, mixed arms like this is lethal for soviets as they have sub par units and a lot less of them, now comes the Panzer III, you basically cant counter it, you have at best a zis and if you do you better hope he doesn't just continue to inf spam and not get a Panzer III, he doesn't care about teching much as he's going to transform his gren spam into a huge shrek blob, which interestingly has way more anti infantry capability anyway, what about shocks I hear everyone say, well now this is an expensive unit and will definitely prompt a flak trak or PIII, but yes its a good idea to have one or maybe two, no more than that or you will not be able to afford upkeep
13 Jan 2015, 23:33 PM

No the maxim doesn't kill very much. But as you say it will supress.

This is where you either zoom in with pps infantry or have a mortar to hail down on the supressed infantry.

So I do see options, but I also recognise that the WM/OKW generally has the option to sit it out and see what the Reds build. Then respond with best counter.

But I think all this is intended. The Reds are supposed to be underdogs in early game. So it's WAD.

As mentioned above, the Reds have more options for blop control late game.If the game lasts past ~10-15 mins and you're not totally run off the map, most games as a whole appear to offer rather balanced options IMO.
17 Jan 2015, 18:16 PM

I think t70 are pretty potent at fighting okw units, at least if your enemy didn't reach a critical mass of panzerschrecks already. It's way more accurate than a t34 and can kill enemy soldiers even on retreat pretty reliably.

I had some reasonable success by using commanders with M1937 field guns and ppsh - usually that's enough to fight enemy units head on. If you aim your arty carefully you can wipe many units at once. Just make sure that you build it in your base defensively, and use mines to prevent vehicles rushing it.

What sucks though is that the t70 is destroyed by a few shots from the flak base truck, though. But you can micro around it.
17 Jan 2015, 18:24 PM

Permanently Banned
I think t70 are pretty potent at fighting okw units, at least if your enemy didn't reach a critical mass of panzerschrecks already. It's way more accurate than a t34 and can kill enemy soldiers even on retreat pretty reliably.

This.

My current 2v2 Soviet buildorder vs OKW is about 8 conscripts with AT nades and molotovs researched situationally, medics, and once I have about 250 fuel I go T2 then straight to T3 (unless I need an AT gun), then get 2 T70s.

I find this a lot more fun than M3 fire cars and snipers, personally.
20 Jan 2015, 04:29 AM

This.

My current 2v2 Soviet buildorder vs OKW is about 8 conscripts with AT nades and molotovs researched situationally, medics, and once I have about 250 fuel I go T2 then straight to T3 (unless I need an AT gun), then get 2 T70s.

I find this a lot more fun than M3 fire cars and snipers, personally.

This seems like an interesting strat. I am really excited to try it out.

Thanks for the interested idea.
21 Jan 2015, 00:29 AM

That's a long build/tech q. But by the time you have all that, surely the german player has rached PzIV or Stug? All your firecrackers will just be mesing up their paint jobs..
21 Jan 2015, 16:55 PM
21 Jan 2015, 17:06 PM

22 Jan 2015, 07:21 AM

26 Jan 2015, 17:02 PM

@OP

http://www.coh2.org/guides/29430/lenny-s-rifle-disruption-tactics-guide

That's a good guide per se. Many good points.

But it doesn't really meet reality that well (maybe it's outdated allready?) and it requires rapid conscription.

What really happens is that gren blops eat through even larger conscript blops. Especially because of the 1 seond warning grenades. The guide does not at all consider it. And it negates the assumption that you can win even with 1/3 higher losses.

I'd love to see a more general guide on how to counter gren blops. Any more links?
27 Nov 2015, 04:23 AM

Guy guys/gals.

I am so sick in tired of OKW blobs... They can basically run about and do whatever they please. Late game its a little less of a problem if you have rocket trucks on the field or massive mgs and motors but even that doesn't do much if there are 2-4 blobs running around. Its just so freaking broken to me or am I missing something?

Do you guys have any suggestions at all on how to deal with this?

The thing i recommend is that if your are using soviet, t 34 comes early and are cheap so when there is a blob wait after they all shot there Shrek and Right after just do circle in the blob that Will not allow them to Target your tank with there Shrek and you Will at least kill 3/4 of the blob thats work for 3-4-5 group of Volks for bigger blob do the same thing but do Quick run like dont cicle run in therm make 1 cicle and go if thy dont retreat do it again.

That work for closely 90 percent of my games so its pretty usefull. And if it doesnt work use mgs, katysga even su76 with the arts ability do pretty well
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★