Login

russian armor

Osttruppen in large teamgames

3 Jan 2015, 15:43 PM

Hello guys!

Been playing for a 4 days now with Osttruppen commander,kinda love it. Ok they cost 200mp now,but they seem a lot durable now,in cover and houses they do great. Course if u run with them on open field,they die like small flies. In couple of games 4v4 i managed to get vet 3 with 2 osttruppen squads. I usually start with 4-5 osttruppen squad and 1 mg/mortar,they i go to support my teammates. with osttruppen i noticed u can play as soviet,flooding the fiel and cappin(slow cap,but anyway,works). Fast bunkers and trecnhes makes the deal,and then I make 2 PzGrens with schrecks to support my osttrupen. After comes P4's and rest of the fuel i use on ammo,to lay down lots of mines and bunkers.
Against good players its harder to play with this Commander,but it still works and I can hold the line more easily than with the usual grens. Halftrack or bunker to reinforce the truppen is MUST!!!
As my teammates gets tanks,i get AT guns and a lot of inf to support their push.
So people,who still uses this commander? And how it goes? Your notes please :D
3 Jan 2015, 16:20 PM

I suggest getting a lmg gren squad for some damage around the 4th squad, it really helps. Plus they go great in those trenches
29 Jan 2015, 19:00 PM

I find this commander to be a lot of fun. I think in the right hands this commander can do very well. Not many people expect it and that's what makes it even more fun.

I find on more open maps with less cover that you should avoid this commander. You need lots of cover to do well.

RJ
29 Jan 2015, 20:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

There is something in the pipeline for this one, but it may take a couple of weeks. ;)
30 Jan 2015, 02:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah, people have this mental image of Osttruppen being joke garbage units, which to be fair at release they were and their sole redeeming feature was being cheap at 120 MP

Then they got put to 200MP and everyone stopped using them because they were not worth that

Then they got buffed and became worthwhile again, but they are uncommon enough that people haven't noticed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS