Login

russian armor

Night map blizzards

1 Jan 2015, 14:28 PM

Hello folks,

I have a bit of a graphical atmosphere issue. What happened is I changed my atmosphere to night snowy from the preset menu, and substituted the don_river_01 part (in SCAR file) with my winter_night_snowy setting, like so:

MP_BlizzardInit("data:art/scenarios/presets/atmosphere/don_river_01_blizzard.aps" ,"data:art/scenarios/presets/atmosphere/winter_night_snowy.aps", nil, nil, true, nil)

Now, when the blizzard approaches, the graphics on the roads become messed up during the transition, and also, it suddenly becomes day for the duration of the event. Then, after the blizzard passes, it flips back to night suddenly.

I have tried looking for some night blizzard but to no avail. Does anybody know how to tackle this issue, or wheter it is even possible to run a blizzard at night?

Thanks a lot guys
1 Jan 2015, 18:10 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey!

So, the worldbuilder is still plagued by this issues. If you want blizzards, you have to use one of Relic's blizzards atmospheres, and pair it with the normal winter atmosphere.

The reason for this is because when the blizzard begins, it quickly transitions from one to the other, and any lighting or atmosphere settings that are different are quickly equalised.

For example, if your normal weather settings have the sun in the east, but the blizzard has it in the west, it will have 60 seconds to move across, hence the screwed up settings.

Because of this, you can't have any custom blizzard settings for the time being. There are some dark blizzards though, if I'm not mistaken. Try out all of the xp1 and dlc atmosphere settings.
2 Jan 2015, 12:20 PM

Thanks buddy, will do!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight